Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Audio commentary for the New Testament

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Send me $25 or $50 a month and I’ll tell God to look after you. If the law is incapable of giving you eternal life, a gift to me will suffice.

If obedience to the law gives eternal life. Send me $25 or $50 and I’ll tell you that the only way to save yourself is to obey God’s law.
4b8ad9dbb31ef664f447d7872b8de6a0.jpg

Send me $25 or $50 a month and I’ll tell God to look after you. If the law is incapable of giving you eternal life, a gift to me will suffice.

The Levitical Priesthood has been done away with. Now we are under a greater priesthood as our high priest is greater.

Our priesthood is according to the order of Melchizedek, not Levi.

Try to get this revelation --
  • For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. 15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest 16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. 17 For He testifies:
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. Hebrews 7:1-19

• there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

The Church is not under the law of Moses.

We are under the law of Christ, our High Priest, our Mediator.

The law of Christ is a stricter law than that of Moses, with more severe consequences.

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:26-29

• Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Again, if you believe that sacrificing animals for your sins then please do so, and continue to do so, as well as obeying every single other law and commandment from the law of Moses, as well.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” Galatians 3:10

JLB

I have answered you with scripture, over and over again to only have you reject and deny what the scriptures say.

The law of Moses was always temporary until the SEED should come.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

The law of Moses would not pass away until it was fulfilled. You actually said Jesus did not fulfill it.

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

You actually are implying Jesus did not do what He said He came to do, which was fulfill the law.

If you believe you are under the law of Moses, then please by all means sacrifice animals for your sins.

JLB
I have addressed your answers while you ignored mine. You lost this debate by failing to address my questions and answers to your verses. Saying "you reject scripture" means nothing coming from you since you don't know scripture well enough in the first place. You repeated the same thing I've already addressed.

And your strawman argument about animal sacrifices really shows how ignorant you are on this matter. I've specified many times that those laws do not apply to us today. I've also specified many times that we are saved by grace through faith, and that animal sacrifices never took away sins even for the old testament people.

The Levitical Priesthood has been done away with. Now we are under a greater priesthood as our high priest is greater.

Our priesthood is according to the order of Melchizedek, not Levi.

Try to get this revelation --
  • For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. 15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest 16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. 17 For He testifies:
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. Hebrews 7:1-19

• there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

The Church is not under the law of Moses.

We are under the law of Christ, our High Priest, our Mediator.

The law of Christ is a stricter law than that of Moses, with more severe consequences.

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:26-29

• Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Again, if you believe that sacrificing animals for your sins then please do so, and continue to do so, as well as obeying every single other law and commandment from the law of Moses, as well.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” Galatians 3:10

JLB
You're finally making some new points! What a welcome surprise.

The Greek word for change means transfer, not change. The law was transferred from order of Levi to order of Melchizedeck. It's a bad translation. Whenever you see contradictions like this one that seems to contradict Mathew 5:17-19 always check the original language. The original language is the unperverted version of the Bible, and if the Bible is actually inerrant it's going to be inerrant in the original language, not in countless translations that all disagree with each other.

μετατιθεμένης (metatithemenēs)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3346: From meta and tithemi; to transfer, i.e. transport, exchange, change sides, or pervert.

Christ did not make any new laws, he expounded on the same old laws and explained their true meaning. Instead of following laws robotically he explained that we should also follow them with right attitude of acceptance and motivation to be obedient towards God. The church is not under the law of Moses because we're not cursed by the law anymore and we don't have to fulfill all of them. The law itself still determines what sin is and the those who ignore the least commandments will be the least in heaven. You're saved by faith, but rewarded depending on your works and obedience to God. Do you really want to do the minimum for God?

I have addressed your answers while you ignored mine.

I have addressed each post you have made, and posted scripture to validate my position.

You have ignored the scriptures I have given while denying what they so plainly teach.

Now you are denying that I have addressed your posts.

You're finally making some new points! What a welcome surprise.

The Greek word for change means transfer, not change. The law was transferred from order of Levi to order of Melchizedeck. It's a bad translation. Whenever you see contradictions like this one that seems to contradict Mathew 5:17-19 always check the original language. The original language is the unperverted version of the Bible, and if the Bible is actually inerrant it's going to be inerrant in the original language, not in countless translations that all disagree with each other.

μετατιθεμένης (metatithemenēs)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3346: From meta and tithemi; to transfer, i.e. transport, exchange, change sides, or pervert.

Christ did not make any new laws, he expounded on the same old laws and explained their true meaning. Instead of following laws robotically he explained that we should also follow them with right attitude of acceptance and motivation to be obedient towards God. The church is not under the law of Moses because we're not cursed by the law anymore and we don't have to fulfill all of them. The law itself still determines what sin is and the those who ignore the least commandments will be the least in heaven. You're saved by faith, but rewarded depending on your works and obedience to God. Do you really want to do the minimum for God?

The law of Moses was administrated by the Levitical Priesthood.

Now we see the Priesthood has changed, and therefore so has the law.

We are noy under the law of Moses.

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

We are under the law of Christ, who is the Mediator of the New Covenant.

If you claim to be under the law of Moses then I would you suggest that you move to Israel, and find some Levitical Priests, and submit yourself to them.

I have addressed each post you have made, and posted scripture to validate my position.

You have ignored the scriptures I have given while denying what they so plainly teach.

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

If you claim to be under the law of Moses then I would you suggest that you move to Israel, and find some Levitical Priests, and submit yourself to them.
"No, you" is not how you debate. I've addressed all of your points. All you've done so far is repeat the same verses I've addressed and use logical fallacies.

You never answered:

how do you define you love for God?

How do you know what sin is?

How do you know what loving God and neighbor is?

How do you know it's the Holy Spirit telling you to disobey God's law and not some other unclear spirit?

Until you start answering my questions I'm not going to answer any more of yours. This is a debate, not an interview.

You showed yourself to be extremely incompetent by using the same type of strawman argument about me being under the law when I clearly said many times that I'm not under the law.

I've addressed all of your points.

Denying what the scripture says is not "addressing" anything; it's denial.

• You have denied that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law as He so plainly said He did.
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18
  • one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The word "until" indicates the law of Moses was temporary; in force until the time came for it to be "taken out of the way" and therefore replace by the New Covenant; The covenant that the "Seed", The Messiah, Jesus Christ has brought forth in His blood.

• What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

The Holy Spirit, through the apostle Paul reiterates this point (until) in his discourse to the church at Galatia, who were carried away by false brethren who were trying to bring that church back under bondage to the law and pronounced a curse upon them for introducing a false gospel to saying you must keep the law of Moses which involved physical circumcision.

Adding the law of Moses to the Gospel is PERVERTING the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

The Counsel of Jerusalem meet and sent out a decree on this matter -

The point that was considered:
  • But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

The conclusion they came to:

Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.” Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” Acts 15:1-11

The letter they sent out to all the churches -

They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, to the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings. Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”— to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell. Acts 15:23-29

If you are teaching the church that they must keep the law of Moses, which certainly includes physical circumcision you are under a curse.

You must turn away from this perversion, by repenting and confessing your sin to God in order to be forgiven and cleansed of this unrighteousness.

JLB

Denying what the scripture says is not "addressing" anything; it's denial.

• You have denied that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law as He so plainly said He did.
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18
  • one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

The word "until" indicates the law of Moses was temporary; in force until the time came for it to be "taken out of the way" and therefore replace by the New Covenant; The covenant that the "Seed", The Messiah, Jesus Christ has brought forth in His blood.

• What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

The Holy Spirit, through the apostle Paul reiterates this point (until) in his discourse to the church at Galatia, who were carried away by false brethren who were trying to bring that church back under bondage to the law and pronounced a curse upon them for introducing a false gospel to saying you must keep the law of Moses which involved physical circumcision.

Adding the law of Moses to the Gospel is PERVERTING the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

The Counsel of Jerusalem meet and sent out a decree on this matter -

The point that was considered:
  • But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

The conclusion they came to:

Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.” Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” Acts 15:1-11

The letter they sent out to all the churches -

They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, to the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings. Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”— to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell. Acts 15:23-29

If you are teaching the church that they must keep the law of Moses, which certainly includes physical circumcision you are under a curse.

You must turn away from this perversion, by repenting and confessing your sin to God in order to be forgiven and cleansed of this unrighteousness.

JLB
You don't even understand what scripture says which is why you still can't answer basic questions like what is sin, and how do you know you're loving God.

You're still using the same strawman fallacy and lying about me preaching the old covenant. We're not under the curse of the law and we don't need to be circumcised to be saved, but it still pleases God when we obey all his commandments. Those who ignore the least commandments and teach others will be the least in heaven (Mathew 5:19). That's you, Jesus was talking about people like you. Do you really want to do the bare minimum for God?

You don't even understand what scripture says which is why you still can't answer basic questions like what is sin, and how do you know you're loving God.

You're still using the same strawman fallacy and lying about me preaching the old covenant. We're not under the curse of the law and we don't need to be circumcised to be saved, but it still pleases God when we obey all his commandments. Those who ignore the least commandments and teach others will be the least in heaven (Mathew 5:19). That's you, Jesus was talking about people like you. Do you really want to do the bare minimum for God?

Do you obey this commandment —

You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:14-15

Do you keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses?

Do you believe Christian’s should be put to death for building a fire on the Sabbath?

JLB

Do you obey this commandment —

You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:14-15

Do you keep the Sabbath according to the law of Moses?

Do you believe Christian’s should be put to death for building a fire on the Sabbath?

JLB
The death penalties for laws were made for the nation of Israel. It's for the government of Israel to follow. The law doesn't tell Christians to kill others for disobeying the law. The aw tells Christians to observe the Sabbath and keep it Holy.

Just like the law tells you not to speed, and if a cop catches you speeding you face the punishment. But if there is cop around that doesn't mean you can speed all you want. That's illegal. That's immoral.

*But if a cop is not around that doesn't mean you can speed all you want. That's illegal. That's immoral.

The death penalties for laws were made for the nation of Israel. It's for the government of Israel to follow. The law doesn't tell Christians to kill others for disobeying the law. The aw tells Christians to observe the Sabbath and keep it Holy.

Just like the law tells you not to speed, and if a cop catches you speeding you face the punishment. But if there is cop around that doesn't mean you can speed all you want. That's illegal. That's immoral.

So what has changed? Where does it say in the law of Moses that there are exceptions for Christians?

You can’t just decide which of the commandments of the law of Moses you want to keep.

Christians are under the law of Christ, not the law of Moses.

So what has changed? Where does it say in the law of Moses that there are exceptions for Christians?

You can’t just decide which of the commandments of the law of Moses you want to keep.

Christians are under the law of Christ, not the law of Moses.
There are no exceptions for anyone. Just because the law is not enforced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've explained this to you already that just because there are no police around doesn't mean you can drive recklessly.

Law of Christ says love God with all your being, and you're not doing that. You violate God's laws and teach others to do so as well. According to Jesus's own words in Mathew 5:19 you are going to be the least in heaven because you're doing the minimum effort for God and teachings others to do the minimum as well.

There are no exceptions for anyone. Just because the law is not enforced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've explained this to you already that just because there are no police around doesn't mean you can drive recklessly.

Which law are you referring to?

• The Torah; The first 5 books of the Bible?
  • The law of Moses that was added to the Abrahamic Covenant? Includes submission to the Levitical priesthood, physical circumcision, animal sacrifices, strict adherence to their Sabbath regulations or be put to death, observing feast days, ceremonial washings, returning to Jerusalem every year for the Passover, ... and on and on and on.
  • The law of Christ?
  • The law of Faith?
  • The law of Gravity?

If you believe you are under the law, obligated to obey every single precept, and commandment (613) then please explain these following scriptures.

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. Romans 7:4

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace Ephesians 2:14-15

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

Until the Seed should come...

Has the Seed, the Messiah come?

JLB

• The law of Moses that was added to the Abrahamic Covenant? Includes submission to the Levitical priesthood, physical circumcision, animal sacrifices, strict adherence to their Sabbath regulations or be put to death, observing feast days, ceremonial washings, returning to Jerusalem every year for the Passover, ... and on and on and on.
  • The law of Christ?
  • The law of Faith?
  • The law of Gravity?

If you believe you are under the law, obligated to obey every single precept, and commandment (613) then please explain these following scriptures.

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. Romans 7:4

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace Ephesians 2:14-15

JLB
Interesting post, I was searching for These scriptures' meaning Romans 7:4, Ephesians 2:14-15, and Galatians 3:19, What do they mean? https://www.bibleref.com/Romans/7/Romans-7-14.html,

https://www.bibleref.com/Ephesians/2/Ephesians-2-14.html,

https://www.bibleref.com/Ephesians/2/Ephesians-2-15.html, and

https://www.bibleref.com/Galatians/3/Galatians-3-19.html#:~:text=Paul follows this by describing,is through faith in Christ.

Love, Walter

• The law of Christ?
  • The law of Faith?
  • The law of Gravity?

JLB
I've already addressed your points while you ignored mine. You're clearly uninformed repeating the same thing over and over. Until you start answering my questions we are done here.

God bless you.

Romans 7:14 - "For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin."

It means God's law is holy and spiritual - Romans 7:12 "Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good."

But things of the spirit always fight things of the flesh - Galatians 5:17 "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."

Ephesians 2:15 - "by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,"
You have to read the original language to see the true meaning of it. The greek word for law is νόμον (nomon), but it's the same word used for ANY kind of law, including laws not commanded to us by God. An additional clue is the word δόγμασιν (dogmasin) which is referred to man-made laws, not God given laws in the Torah.

Ephesians 2:14 - "For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility"
Dividing wall of hostility referred to a man made law by the Pharisees that said the gentiles are unclean like pigs and dogs. That's NOT God's law, it's a man-made law.

Also Acts 10:12 where Peter was presented with all sorts of animals on a heavenly sheet, the word “common”(Koinos-Common/Defiled) is vastly different from “unclean”(Akarthatos-Impure/Unclean). There were unclean animals mixed with clean ones, and it was a tradition made up by the Pharisees that you can't eat clean animals that were mixed with unclean. It's a made up tradition, and God taught him a lesson that it's ok to eat with gentiles. Peter disobeyed God 3 times as he has in the past, but he eventually learns the lesson that God was trying to teach him which Peter says in Acts 10:28 "Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." This is the wall of separation between Jews and gentiles.

Galatians 3:19 - "Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary."

God's law was specified because people committed immoralities. The law teaches what sin is. That was God's solution to sin, but it wasn't until Christ came and was sacrificed for our sins that we are no longer under the curse of the law, and we don't have to be physically circumcised according to the law to be considered members of the kingdom of heaven. This is the meaning of grace. We are saved by God's grace through faith on the sacrifice of Christ, and all our sins are forgiven, unlike the old covenant where people went to paradise in the Earth instead of heaven because their sins have not been fully forgiven.

This does not mean the law disappeared as it still defines what sin is

1 John 3:4 “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.”

Romans 7:7 “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

And it still pleases God when we obey ALL his commandments that apply to us. We are rewarded for it in addition to other good works that we do for God

Mathew 5:19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Sir, to answer your question, I have found the right audio yet but will search, but here is one that may help:

Love, Walter
GotQuestions.com is pretty usefull, unfortunately they teach antinomianism like majority of churches.

Here is a much better one I found.

They go deep into the original languages and expound each verse from the point of view of ancient jews. I'm mostly through the book of Mathew here, but there is so much to learn here.

Back