Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Conservative National Review: Don't Vote for Trump

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That's just empty rhetoric and campaign talking points. I mean, how exactly is the border "wide open"? Have you been to it? Have you tried crossing it? What do you think those thousands of border patrol agents do all day? Just sit there and watch migrants cross while they do nothing? Do you think ports of entry are just free for alls, where trucks and people cross back and forth as they wish, with no one checking them in any way at all?
I think those border agents do an admirable job. But they're being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of migrants crossing or attempting to cross the border. An average of 10,000 per day. That's insane.

There ya' go....you're right there with Donald. Even as you cry that this is a "crisis" and an "invasion", you're perfectly willing to let it go on or even get worse for an entire year, just so President Biden doesn't get credit.

I guess it can't really be much of a crisis or invasion then, can it?
If it means that Trump has a better chance at getting elected, then yes, I'm willing to let it go for the time being. I don't think Biden should profit politically from a crisis that he created.

And just like Donald, you put him and his campaign over the good of the country. Oh, but you're not loyal to him at all, are you? :rolleyes
Only in the sense that I want him to be the president once more.

I think those border agents do an admirable job. But they're being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of migrants crossing or attempting to cross the border. An average of 10,000 per day. That's insane.

If it means that Trump has a better chance at getting elected, then yes, I'm willing to let it go for the time being. I don't think Biden should profit politically from a crisis that he created.

Only in the sense that I want him to be the president once more.
I think this all hits on a key difference between you and I. You see, in my world (the world of science) facts and accuracy matter more than pretty much anything else, whereas feelings and personal opinions barely register. In my world, if you feel X is true and the facts show that X isn't true, then you're just wrong and that's the end of it.

But I don't get the sense that you operate that way.

You seem to feel that the border is "wide open", but when we get into the actual facts of the matter it turns out that it isn't, which means you're just plain wrong and we should be done. But it looks to me like you're more inclined to go with how you feel about the issue, even if the facts don't like up with those feelings.

That's why our interactions mostly consist of you saying how you feel about an issue, me throwing facts at you, and you waving them away and sticking with your original feelings.

The fact is, the border isn't "wide open"....you just confirmed that when you said border agents "do an admirable job". Well obviously if they're doing an admirable job, they must be doing something, which even more obviously contradicts the notion of a "wide open" border.

‘That’s crazy’: Swing-state voters aghast to learn of Trump’s immunity claim

New focus groups of potential swing voters conducted in three critical battleground states—Georgia, Wisconsin, and Nevada—demonstrate the extent to which many voters still haven’t grasped Donald Trump’s sweeping legal liabilities or his belief he’s immune from prosecution...

The moderator informs them of Trump’s argument that every president should have immunity for "everything they do as president," unless they are impeached and convicted by Congress. "What do you think of that?" asked the moderator.

“It's ridiculous," responded an independent Wisconsin woman who leans Republican. "So he's saying if he killed somebody, he'd be immune.”

“Yeah, I think that's crazy too. That's too much power," said a male Georgia independent who leans Republican.

A Nevada woman, identified as a weak Democrat, grew incredulous at Trump's assertion. “No matter what? So a president could kill somebody, and they should have immunity?" she said. "That's crazy."

The responses lay bare the fact that many voters have no idea that Trump regularly posts on Truth Social, in all caps, things along the lines of: "A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE FULL IMMUNITY, WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM/HER TO PROPERLY FUNCTION."

Trump's latest such post, on Jan. 27, stated, "IF IMMUNITY IS NOT GRANTED TO A PRESIDENT, EVERY PRESIDENT THAT LEAVES OFFICE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY INDICTED BY THE OPPOSING PARTY."

For those who don't know, The National Review is a long-running US conservative magazine, founded in 1955 by William Buckley. So I was a bit shocked to see them turn so dramatically against Donald. Some excerpts....

Republican Voters Can — and Should — Rethink Nominating Trump

[Republicans] would be well advised to opt for one of the alternatives who are far and away better on the merits, more likely to win in November, and, if elected, more likely to deliver — free from the wild drama of a second Trump term — conservative results.

Trump’s defenders tend to dismiss the conservative criticisms of him as concerns about his “mean tweets,” or now, to be more accurate, his mean Truth Social posts. It’s true that his fulminations on social media are crude and ridiculous, but this isn’t the fundamental problem. Because he couldn’t bear to admit that he’d lost to Joe Biden in 2020 (after trailing him in every national poll), Trump insisted he’d won and did everything he could to overturn the result, including trying to bully his vice president into violating his oath and preventing and delaying the counting of the electoral vote. When a mob, fervently believing Trump’s lies, fought its way into the U.S. Capitol to try to end the count, Trump did little or nothing to try to stop it.

These were infamous presidential acts and represented serious offenses against our constitutional order. Nothing can justify them, and it’s wrong to simply pretend that they didn’t happen. It’s impossible to imagine Ron DeSantis or Nikki Haley, whatever their other flaws, engaging in such grotesquely selfish behavior injurious to our republic. On this basis alone, both are vastly preferable to Trump...
...As Biden demonstrated in his Valley Forge speech last week, Democrats plan to make the race all about Trump if he wins the nomination, in a repeat of their winning formula from 2020 and 2022. Nominating someone else would instantly deny the Democrats their most powerful weapon in the cause of winning an otherwise unthinkable Biden second term — Trump’s radioactive persona...
...His bad instincts on trade and NATO, tendency to personalize everything including foreign relations, contempt for rules that get in his way, and erratic nature would risk real harm to the country. He’d be an easily distracted 78-year-old one-termer sure to get wiped out in the midterms, once again...

..But Republicans have better friends available to them, who haven’t disgraced themselves by trying to deny the results of an election, who would be quite likely to vanquish Biden, and who would be capable presidents.

It’s not too late to choose one of them, and forge a better path for the party and for the country.
Buckly would be MAGA. Pence had the power to stop a corrupted election, and wimped out. A world with less war, less inflation, less taxes, less crime, less cartel drugs, more free speech makes anyone with a brain yearn for Trump's return.

How much war is enough for you globalists?

Everyday the inept warmongers in DC bring Armageddon a little closer. Evidently, along with pestilence is mass stupidity among globalists. They can't get enough war.

Buckly would be MAGA. Pence had the power to stop a corrupted election, and wimped out. A world with less war, less inflation, less taxes, less crime, less cartel drugs, more free speech makes anyone with a brain yearn for Trump's return.

How much war is enough for you globalists?
Wow, you really do think Donald is the Messiah, don't you? Why, he'll usher in world peace, smite all our enemies, and unite all Americans.

NYT conservative op-ed writer David Brooks isn't happy with how the GOP has fully capitulated to Donald.

Trump Came for Their Party but Took Over Their Souls

Here are some of the convictions that Republicans had to assent to in order to do what they did this week: . . .

Democracy is for suckers. . . . Republicans . . . have adopted the Trumpian logic that under him, they will never have to compromise.

Entertainment over governance. . . . Showmanship has eclipsed even simple governance.

Foreigners don’t matter. . . . People like J.D. Vance really seem to believe that if we let Vladimir Putin win his wars of conquest in Europe, it will have no consequences for us back home. Somewhere even Neville Chamberlain is gaping in disbelief.

Lying is normal. . . . Trump has erased the assumption that credibility is a nice thing to have.

America would be better off in a post-American world. [Republicans] operationally . . . share many of Xi’s and Putin’s goals — to reduce America’s role in the world, to destroy America’s confidence in its ability to project power, to reduce America to a regional superpower.

So we should vote for Biden, whose too mentally incapacitated to stand trial for his crimes?

Didn't you see this coming ? Dems are not going to let Biden run for another term . They are going to ease him out for the next Dem puppet .

Didn't you see this coming ? Dems are not going to let Biden run for another term . They are going to ease him out for the next Dem puppet .
That's plausible. When Biden's many crimes started to leak into the propaganda press, some theorized the Establishment wanted to end Biden's career.

But its so late in the game now. Finding a sock puppet with public appeal isn't easy, so many live immoral lives its hard to find anyone who can survive opposition research.

But its so late in the game now. Finding a sock puppet with public appeal isn't easy, so many live immoral lives its hard to find anyone who can survive opposition research.
Gruesome Newsom is waiting in the wings now . My guess anyway :shrug .

Gruesome Newsom is waiting in the wings now . My guess anyway :shrug .
Good guess, bad brand. He is associated with street poop. Can't think of Gruesome Newsome without thinking of those San Francisco maps for tourists with little symbols of poop on the sidewalks, and all the homeless he invited into the city handing out cash. They also get free drugs.

The city was horrified when the dispensing machines with free drugs and needles, got robbed. They couldn't foresee that would happen. Newsome is right there among the stupids.

Trump says he’d disregard NATO treaty, urge Russian attacks on U.S. allies

CONWAY, S.C. — Former president Donald Trump ramped up his attacks on NATO on Saturday, claiming he suggested to a foreign leader that he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to member countries he views as not spending enough on their own defense.

“One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, ‘Well, sir, if we don’t pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?,’” Trump said during a rally at Coastal Carolina University. “I said, ‘You didn’t pay. You’re delinquent.’ He said, ‘Yes, let’s say that happened.’ No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.”..

...Several NATO partnership experts described Trump’s understanding of the financial obligations of NATO member countries as inaccurate and argued that his opposition to collective security as a member nation is misplaced.

“NATO isn’t a pay-to-play setup, as Trump seems to think. It’s an alliance that is first and foremost about U.S. national security interests to prevent another world war originating in Europe,” said Alina Polyakova, president and CEO of the Center for European Policy Analysis, in an email to The Post. “The U.S. investment in NATO is worth every dollar — the only time that the Article 5 collective defense clause was initiated was in response to 9/11. Our allies came to our aid then, and it would be shameful and misguided to not do the same.”

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back