Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

curious

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No. It isn’t based on the Christian idea of heaven or God.
Hey All,
Maybe. But I am going because of the air conditioning.

Seriously, God is infinite. Therefore it will take infinity just to get to know Him. I don't believe it will be boring.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

so I was watching this video and it made me curious..."would heaven get boring after a few thousand years?"

IMO ultimate heaven is to be the whole universe opened up to us to roam in immortal bodies—spaceships and spacesuits need not apply. An ability to explore colours beyond the white spectrum, to see the microscopic without microscopes, to enjoy flora and fauna within biospheres even in distant galaxies, to converse with each other without fear barriers, and all this and more within the tangible presence of deity, well, I doubt that a million millennia squared would allow the slightest room for boredom. And if that’s not God’s plan, then heaven will be even better.

"would heaven get boring after a few thousand years?"
In my opinion, Heaven is a place of rest. Creation (all that is), is so much more. Each individual has duties (task to perform); and there are many things to be done in "free time".

This one tiny universe that we "see" is not "all that is". I'd refer you to Romans 11:8; the "spirit" does slumber at this time; and while this "dream" is quickly becoming a nightmare, it is not "all that is".

so I was watching this video and it made me curious..."would heaven get boring after a few thousand years?"

I hope not

What makes heaven, heavenly is God. And God is infinite in His nature, indescribably beyond us all, having depths not possible to fully plumb in an eternity of time in which to do so. Because God is like this, and because heaven is all about Him, those in heaven will not find themselves bored, which is to say bored of God. They will find Him endlessly amazing, always satisfying, and infinitely interesting. It's when folks take up a small, shriveled view of God, the One who makes heaven all that it is, that they start thinking Heaven will become boring.

A sociologist says that even in a community of saints there will be sinners. Thing is…

Heaven defies all worldly wisdom. That’s one reason I find it appealing honestly. New bodies new names rewards as He sees fit stuff to do…

Back