Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Daily Universalist Verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Hi all. Starting today, I will be posting a Bible verse on here that demonstrates Universal Reconciliation, Universalism, that God will save everyone through His Son Jesus Christ who died on the cross for all of our sins, the wages of which were death. Everyone will go to Heaven as the Lord promised us since the beginning. Christ Jesus came to save the whole world and God wishes all will come to salvations, so this promise will be fulfilled.

It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved. Only His blood covers all our sin. With Universal Salvation, everyone will come to believe in faith alone that Jesus is their savior. All people will have this belief. It's why Universalism is known as the Victorious Gospel! The Lord will not lose even a single sheep. Everyone will be saved!

Luke 2:10 [The Gospel is] "good tidings of great joy will be to all people."
God brings joy to all people. Universalism is the ultimate good news. Everyone will go to Heaven! All people will serve under the Lord's protection with happiness, peace and good tidings.

John 1:13 Believers in Christ are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
God saves all as He created us. He is like a blacksmith forging metal through heat, He does not waste, He will see it through that we become molded into what He desires, like a potter making clay.

Heb. 1:2 God appointed Jesus heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe."
All things will be saved. This was His plan from the very beginning, to save everyone. His original purpose for us was to be happy, like the happiness that existed at the Garden of Eden. This whole time, everything that has happened so far, it has been God waiting patiently for us to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, the free gift of salvation, so we can go to Him and do good, as was His original intention when creating us.

1 John 2:2 Jesus "is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world."
Everyone receives salvation.

John 12:47 Jesus "did not come to judge the world but to save the world."

God came to save everyone, the whole world will be saved.

Heb. 2:9 "Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

God’s grace saves all. He paid the wages of sin, which is death, for everyone. Thus, everyone will be saved through belief alone in Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 13:8 "Love never fails."

God’s love is to save everyone.

Luke 1:37 "With God nothing is impossible."

God can do anything. God will save everyone.

With Love - Hsong! Thank you for being here. Your brother in Christ!

Hello deafsilence, thank you for telling me about this forum once again. Any chance to spread the truth of the Lord, that God will save everyone, is a blessing indeed! And I am truly grateful for this opportunity.

1 Peter 5:12 Through Silvanus, our faithful brother (for so I regard him), I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it!

As it is said, it is through our faithful brothers that we can testify to God's glorious grace, His mercy in giving salvation to everyone!

Psalm NEB 18:30 The way of God is perfect.
The perfect plan is not to save just a few people, but to save all people. That’s the perfect happy ending to life! Something only possible through God!

Psalm NKJV 16:10 You will not leave my soul in Sheol.
Even though we die, God will never abandon us. He will always come to save us through Christ’s salvation!

Psalm NEB 17:7 Show me how marvelous thy true love can be.
God’s love will be marvelous that all people will marvel by it.

So, when are you posting a verse that proves Universalism is biblical? All I see is a lot of proof-texting.

Luke 2:10 [The Gospel is] "good tidings of great joy will be to all people."
God brings joy to all people. Universalism is the ultimate good news. Everyone will go to Heaven! All people will serve under the Lord's protection with happiness, peace and good tidings.
It is good news for everyone, but those who go to heaven are only those who put their trust in Christ and his finished work in this life. That is the consistent message throughout the NT. This verse doesn't support Universalism.

John 1:13 Believers in Christ are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
God saves all as He created us. He is like a blacksmith forging metal through heat, He does not waste, He will see it through that we become molded into what He desires, like a potter making clay.
This verse doesn't say that "God saves all." Context is important:

Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, (ESV)

This verse doesn't support Universalism; it shows that those who don't believe in Christ are not children of God, which means, they won't be saved.

Heb. 1:2 God appointed Jesus heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe."
All things will be saved. This was His plan from the very beginning, to save everyone. His original purpose for us was to be happy, like the happiness that existed at the Garden of Eden. This whole time, everything that has happened so far, it has been God waiting patiently for us to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, the free gift of salvation, so we can go to Him and do good, as was His original intention when creating us.
This verse does not at all say that "all things will be saved." It does support the deity of Christ, however. This verse doesn't support Universalism.

1 John 2:2 Jesus "is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world."
Everyone receives salvation.
Again, context is very important:

1Jn 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,
1Jn 2:9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.
1Jn 2:11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
1Jn 2:18 Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.
1Jn 2:22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.
1Jn 2:24 Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father.
1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life.
1Jn 2:26 I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. (ESV)

The entire chapter refutes Universalism.

John 12:47 Jesus "did not come to judge the world but to save the world."

God came to save everyone, the whole world will be saved.
Yet, again, context is very important:

Joh 12:36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.
Joh 12:46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
Joh 12:47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
Joh 12:48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. (ESV)

This verse does not support Universalism, but refutes it. It is a warning for those who reject Christ, which is a consistent message throughout John's gospel and his epistles.

Heb. 2:9 "Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

God’s grace saves all. He paid the wages of sin, which is death, for everyone. Thus, everyone will be saved through belief alone in Jesus Christ.
Nothing about everyone being saved in this verse either. Again, the consistent message throughout the NT is that only those who believe in Christ in this life, have his saving work applied and are saved.

Heb 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,
Heb 9:28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. (ESV)

Man dies once, then they face judgement. Christ was offered once and then will come "to save those who are eagerly waiting for him." This utterly refutes Universalism. So, again, this verse doesn't support Universalism.

1 Cor. 13:8 "Love never fails."

God’s love is to save everyone.
The verse doesn't say that "God's love is to save everyone." This verse doesn't support Universalism.

Luke 1:37 "With God nothing is impossible."

God can do anything. God will save everyone.
God can't do that which is logically impossible, nor can he do things that go against his nature, such as lie--"in which it is impossible for God to lie" (Heb 6:18). The argument that God can do anything has nothing to do with whether or not he will save everyone. This verse doesn't support Universalism.

1 Peter 5:12 Through Silvanus, our faithful brother (for so I regard him), I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it!

As it is said, it is through our faithful brothers that we can testify to God's glorious grace, His mercy in giving salvation to everyone!
What did Peter write about regarding God's grace? Looking at some of the context:

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Pe 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,
1Pe 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1Pe 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,
1Pe 1:9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (ESV)

1Pe 2:7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,”
1Pe 2:8 and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
1Pe 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (ESV)

1Pe 4:1 Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
1Pe 4:2 so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.
1Pe 4:3 For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry.
1Pe 4:4 With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you;
1Pe 4:5 but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
1Pe 4:18 And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” (ESV)

Yet, again, we see that the context refutes Universalism.

Psalm NEB 18:30 The way of God is perfect.
The perfect plan is not to save just a few people, but to save all people. That’s the perfect happy ending to life! Something only possible through God!
Nothing about salvation in this verse either. Looking at the whole verse:

Psa 18:30 This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. (ESV)

It's a rather neutral verse when it comes to salvation, but, if anything, this verse refutes Universalism, since it is only those who take refuge in God who are protected by him

Psalm NKJV 16:10 You will not leave my soul in Sheol.
Even though we die, God will never abandon us. He will always come to save us through Christ’s salvation!
Nothing about Universal salvation here either.

Psalm NEB 17:7 Show me how marvelous thy true love can be.
God’s love will be marvelous that all people will marvel by it.
This verse doesn't support Universalism.

Like I said, it's literally all proof-texting--verses taken completely out of context to support preconceived ideas. Not a single one supports Universalism.

EZEKIEL 37:12 I will open your graves and bring you up from them, and restore you to the land of Israel . You shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them, 0 my people. ( NEB )

All graves will be opened, everyone will be resurrected and be saved to eternal happiness in Heaven.

What God finishes, God completes.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

God's plan since the beginning at the Garden of Eden was to save everyone. To return everyone to His loving arms.

HOSEA 6:1 Come, let us return to the Lord; for he has torn us and will heal us, he has struck us and he will bind up our wounds. ( NEB )

The Lord will heal us all. Though we are wounded and harmed now, eventually we will all be healed, we will all be saved from the harm on this planet.

Romans 1:2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,

God promised through His prophets that a savior will come to save the world. Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, fulfills that promise perfectly. God always tells the truth, thus everyone will be saved, it is true!

EZEKIEL 37:12 I will open your graves and bring you up from them, and restore you to the land of Israel . You shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them, 0 my people. ( NEB )

All graves will be opened, everyone will be resurrected and be saved to eternal happiness in Heaven.

What God finishes, God completes.
Nothing in this verse about universal salvation. This is a prophecy specific to Israel. Note that God says he will "restore you to the land of Israel," so, you also must believe that heaven will be only in Israel.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

God's plan since the beginning at the Garden of Eden was to save everyone. To return everyone to His loving arms.
There is nothing in this verse about saving everyone. This verse doesn't support Universalism either.

HOSEA 6:1 Come, let us return to the Lord; for he has torn us and will heal us, he has struck us and he will bind up our wounds. ( NEB )

The Lord will heal us all. Though we are wounded and harmed now, eventually we will all be healed, we will all be saved from the harm on this planet.
The verse says nothing about "The Lord will heal us all." Looking at the context, as always, is of utmost importance. Chapter 5 is a prophecy about God's judgement on Israel and Judah because "They have dealt faithlessly with the LORD" (Hos 5:7a). The chapter finishes with God saying:

Hos 5:14 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear and go away; I will carry off, and no one shall rescue.
Hos 5:15 I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me. (ESV)

Hos 6:1, then, is clearly a call to Israel and Judah to "return to the LORD" because "he has torn us" (meted out judgement), and in returning to him, he will heal them. Absolutely nothing about universal salvation.

Romans 1:2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,

God promised through His prophets that a savior will come to save the world. Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, fulfills that promise perfectly. God always tells the truth, thus everyone will be saved, it is true!
There is nothing in this verse to support universal salvation either. The good news is that salvation has been made available for all but that it is only those who believe in this life, prior to death, who will be saved. After a person dies, it is too late.

To say that all will be saved undermines the gospel and makes a mockery of Jesus's warnings about sin and rejecting him, warnings which are carried throughout the writings of the NT.

Psalm 145:17 "The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.

Everything that God does is good! If God does not save people, then that is not good. Therefore, God will save all people. He will do good in every way. He will always be faithful to us. He promised us, through Jesus Christ, that all of mankind will see salvation. He will not break that promise, because He is faithful in everything!

Gen. 12:3 "All peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

Right from the beginning, it was God’s plan all along to save everyone. A person can not be blessed if they are not saved. Yet, the Bible clearly says that everyone will blessed. Thus, everyone will receive salvation.

Zephaniah 3:15 The Lord hath taken away thy judgments,
he hath cast out thine enemy:
the King of Israel, even the Lord, is in the midst of thee:
thou shalt not see evil any more.

One of the less referenced Bible books, it’s amazing to see how, no matter what book is used, God’s message of Universal Salvation exists through all of them. He promises to us that all evil will no longer be seen, thus showing that everyone will be made to be good. God does not waste. He created us in His image, He will save everyone and make all people righteous.

Psalm 145:17 "The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.

Everything that God does is good! If God does not save people, then that is not good. Therefore, God will save all people. He will do good in every way. He will always be faithful to us. He promised us, through Jesus Christ, that all of mankind will see salvation. He will not break that promise, because He is faithful in everything!
But God does save people, he just won't save everyone. "If God does not save people, then that is not good. Therefore, God will save all people." Your conclusion doesn't follow. Nowhere does God promise that all of mankind will be saved. Seeing the salvation God provided through Christ is not at all the same as being saved.

Looking at the immediate context:

Psa 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. (ESV)

Since the opposite of this verse is that God is not near to those who don't call on him, this refutes Universalism. So, again, there is nothing in this verse about universal salvation.

Gen. 12:3 "All peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

Right from the beginning, it was God’s plan all along to save everyone. A person can not be blessed if they are not saved. Yet, the Bible clearly says that everyone will blessed. Thus, everyone will receive salvation.
Nothing about everyone receiving salvation in this verse, just as there is nothing in the Bible that states or even implies that "it was God’s plan all along to save everyone." Of course, you only posted the last part of the verse. Why am I not surprised? Because the rest of the verse refutes the meaning you are trying to give it.

Gen 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (ESV)

Notice that "him who dishonors you I will curse." Therefore, not everyone will be blessed. Purposely ignoring context, as you do, to make a verse say something other than it does, is dishonest, at best, and not the way one comes to a proper understanding of Scripture.

Zephaniah 3:15 The Lord hath taken away thy judgments,
he hath cast out thine enemy:
the King of Israel, even the Lord, is in the midst of thee:
thou shalt not see evil any more.

One of the less referenced Bible books, it’s amazing to see how, no matter what book is used, God’s message of Universal Salvation exists through all of them. He promises to us that all evil will no longer be seen, thus showing that everyone will be made to be good. God does not waste. He created us in His image, He will save everyone and make all people righteous.
Once again, if we look at the context, it refutes your claim.

Zep 3:1 Woe to her who is rebellious and defiled, the oppressing city!
Zep 3:2 She listens to no voice; she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD; she does not draw near to her God.
Zep 3:3 Her officials within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves that leave nothing till the morning.
Zep 3:4 Her prophets are fickle, treacherous men; her priests profane what is holy; they do violence to the law.
Zep 3:8 “Therefore wait for me,” declares the LORD, “for the day when I rise up to seize the prey. For my decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out upon them my indignation, all my burning anger; for in the fire of my jealousy all the earth shall be consumed.
Zep 3:11 “On that day you shall not be put to shame because of the deeds by which you have rebelled against me; for then I will remove from your midst your proudly exultant ones, and you shall no longer be haughty in my holy mountain. (ESV)

Yet, again, we are looking at a prophecy of judgement against Jerusalem and the nations, followed by Israel's restoration in verses 14-20. Yet, even in the restoration, God says "Behold, at that time I will deal with all your oppressors" (vs 19a).

Once again, not only is there nothing about Universal Salvation in that verse, the context refutes it.

HSong

Do not be discouraged by the opposition that you are receiving here. After I was Powerfully Indwelt by the Holy Spirit, I was Spiritually compelled to relentlessly study the Bible. I needed to conclusively understand what had happened to me; I needed to understand my experience according to the Word of God. And so I began studying the Bible in a timeline, chronological order, cataloging Scripture in an Excel Spreadsheet that now has almost 6,300 entries.

One of the Biblical concepts that I discovered was that it appears that "All Are Saved." And so I began collecting as many passages as I could find that promoted this beautiful concept. Though I have decided that this is not True, I can certainly understand why you believe what you believe.

I do not regret my time studying this concept, and in fact, it helped to put into focus what is in fact necessary for the reception of Eternal Life. So again, keep studying . . . you are on the right path, so do not be dissuaded by the opposition.

1 Timothy 4:10 Jesus Christ, the savior of all men, especially those who believe.​

Some believers may wonder what the point of believing is if God will save everyone. But, the way I see it, believing in Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation, meaning that everyone will eventually believe that God is Jesus Christ. So for us believers, we believe in God in advance, having learned the truth out of grace, and doing good because of our love for Christ!

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."

The Gospel means good news. If even one person is not saved, then it is not good news for everyone. The Gospel for the world means that all flesh will receive salvation from Jesus Christ!

John 1:9 "The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world"

The truth will be shown to every man in the world! What is the truth? God is truth! He never lies! This shows that God will be with everyone in Heaven because Christ will save all people!

James 2:13 "Mercy triumphs over judgment"

Some critics use verses from James to falsely show that your good works alone are what saves you. But rather, it is faith alone in Jesus Christ, through grace, that saves us. We do good works because we’ve been saved, because we love God. Like fruits bearing from a tree. So eventually, all people will do good and be turned to righteousness. We have all done bad works, we are all sinners, so therefore we must all be saved together.

1 Timothy 4:10 Jesus Christ, the savior of all men, especially those who believe.​

Some believers may wonder what the point of believing is if God will save everyone. But, the way I see it, believing in Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation, meaning that everyone will eventually believe that God is Jesus Christ. So for us believers, we believe in God in advance, having learned the truth out of grace, and doing good because of our love for Christ!
It is actually a decent argument. What is the point of believing now, living a more difficult (but fulfilling) life, if, in the end, everyone is saved? There would be no purpose to believing now.

Looking at the context of the verse:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
1Ti 4:8 for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
1Ti 4:16 Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. (ESV)

As always with Paul, there is nothing to support Universalism. In fact, Paul warns Timothy to "keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching." Why? The implication is that straying from it, by not being persistent in doing it, the listeners may not be saved.

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."

The Gospel means good news. If even one person is not saved, then it is not good news for everyone. The Gospel for the world means that all flesh will receive salvation from Jesus Christ!
As I already posted in response to this verse: It is good news for everyone, but those who go to heaven are only those who put their trust in Christ and his finished work in this life. That is the consistent message throughout the NT. This verse doesn't support Universalism.

Let's look at some similar language:

Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (ESV)

When we ignore the context, it seems that John is saying that God sent Jesus to save the world. But what happens when we look at the context?

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (ESV)

We see that it is only those who believe in Jesus and his finished work that are saved. Those who do not believe are condemned. This, too, forms the greater context of Luke 2:10, which is actually speaking of the people of Israel ("the people").

John 1:9 "The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world"

The truth will be shown to every man in the world! What is the truth? God is truth! He never lies! This shows that God will be with everyone in Heaven because Christ will save all people!
And, yet, when we look at the context:

Joh 1:9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. (ESV)

Notice that, much like John 3:14-18, it is only those who believe that are saved ("become children of God"). Consider what Jesus says elsewhere in John's gospel:

Joh 9:5 "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” (ESV)

Joh 12:46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
Joh 12:47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
Joh 12:48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. (ESV)

This passage, too, echoes John 3:14-18, but more than that, it also echoes 3:19-21:

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Joh 3:21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.” (ESV)

Clearly not all will come to the light, not all will be saved by believing in Christ. So, while Jesus came as a light for all to see, and to provide the means of salvation for all, not all will be saved.

James 2:13 "Mercy triumphs over judgment"

Some critics use verses from James to falsely show that your good works alone are what saves you. But rather, it is faith alone in Jesus Christ, through grace, that saves us. We do good works because we’ve been saved, because we love God. Like fruits bearing from a tree.
I agree with this.

So eventually, all people will do good and be turned to righteousness. We have all done bad works, we are all sinners, so therefore we must all be saved together.
There is nothing in this verse, nor in the Bible, which suggests that "eventually, all people will do good and be turned to righteousness," or that "We have all done bad works, we are all sinners, so therefore we must all be saved together." Your conclusion doesn't follow. The Bible repeatedly states that the enemies of God, the unrighteous, will be destroyed or punished, and that it is only those who put their trust in Christ and his finished work that will be saved.

Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (ESV)

We see that it is only those who believe in Jesus and his finished work that are saved.

I hear what you're saying. Consider this:

Just because John wrote that those who have not believed are condemned . . . well, this is kind of a "no-brainer," right? All people are born condemned; hence, the necessity of the Circumcision of Christ. Until a person's heart is Circumcised, that person is not only considered condemned but "dead."

Colossians 2:13a NLT - "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away."

Question: Does Jesus Circumcise the hearts of His Elect at the same time/age? No, many people are saved upon their deathbeds, are they not? How many times have we heard of the story of a person, just minutes before they died, raise up and with Glory in their faces, they reach toward a portion of the ceiling as if to see Jesus waiting for them?

Exodus 33:19 is one of the most important passages in the Bible. It MUST be memorized:

NKJV - "Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

As we can see, there is no indication of timing, as in, when a person is granted this Grace and Mercy . . . Grace and Mercy necessary to be relieved of the Adamic Curse. We are not allowed to stand in the way of God and decide when a person is to be gifted the Circumcision of Christ. [When] the Lord performs this Operation of Faith is up to Him and Him alone.

:)

I hear what you're saying. Consider this:

Just because John wrote that those who have not believed are condemned . . . well, this is kind of a "no-brainer," right? All people are born condemned; hence, the necessity of the Circumcision of Christ. Until a person's heart is Circumcised, that person is not only considered condemned but "dead."

Colossians 2:13a NLT - "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away."

Question: Does Jesus Circumcise the hearts of His Elect at the same time/age? No, many people are saved upon their deathbeds, are they not? How many times have we heard of the story of a person, just minutes before they died, raise up and with Glory in their faces, they reach toward a portion of the ceiling as if to see Jesus waiting for them?

Exodus 33:19 is one of the most important passages in the Bible. It MUST be memorized:

NKJV - "Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

As we can see, there is no indication of timing, as in, when a person is granted this Grace and Mercy . . . Grace and Mercy necessary to be relieved of the Adamic Curse. We are not allowed to stand in the way of God and decide when a person is to be gifted the Circumcision of Christ. [When] the Lord performs this Operation of Faith is up to Him and Him alone.

:)
I am unsure as to what this has to do with what I stated, as I haven't argued as to timing in that post. I have argued elsewhere that belief in Christ must be prior to one's death, after which comes judgement (Heb 9:27-28). What is clear, is that those whose names aren't found in the book of life are thrown into the lake of fire, and there is not only no mention of them being able to be saved and leave the lake of fire, it is stated more than once that the punishment is eternal, forever.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

An extremely clear and straight forward message. We are all saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. As simple and direct to the point as it gets!

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

It is God's grace to save everyone, therefore everyone will be saved. It is the gift that God has given to all of humanity, all people across the world will be given salvation through Christ Jesus.

John 1:16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.

This verse demonstrates that we all receive that grace.

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;

And further that grace is multiplied, spread across all multiples of people.

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,

God is always concerning us for grace, He is always graceful, thus all of humanity will be saved through His perpetual grace!

Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

This is extremely important. God’s anger only lasts for a single fleeting moment! When God is correcting our sins, that will only last a temporary amount of time. Afterwards, we will be safe with God for all of life. While on Earth, all of humanity may be suffering, eventually, this pain will end and everyone will be happy!

Ephesians 1:10 As a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Unite is a keyword here. Everyone will be together in Heaven, as He planned out since the beginning because he loves us. All people are sinners, but out of grace, He will bring us all together into salvation.

Luke 23:34 Of those who crucified Him (which is all of us) Jesus asked: "Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.

The Father forgives everyone.

John 19:30 "It is finished."

Jesus Christ will save everyone. That is the plan that will be finished! Everyone will see salvation!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back