Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you believe in aliens, if so how do you think they exist?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lots of animals live for hundreds of years like the Greenland shark up to 400 years. Some type of clams 15,000 years old and many more.

Your example of life being fragile because it can't survive the wake of a supernova or black hole is laughable.

A shark in the right environment may be long lived, but I'm not talking about life in such an environment but in the generally extremely hostile-to-life environment of the rest of the cosmos which is full of supernovas, black holes, comets, meteors, toxic gases, vast tracts of bitterly cold, airless, empty darkness, and so on. No 15,000 year old clam would a last second in an eruption of nuclear plasma spitting out from the surface of a giant star, or in the airless, freezing dark (-455 Fahrenheit on average) of most of outer space, or in the cataclysmic ejecta of a supernova. It's because the rest of the universe is so volatile and the parameters for life so exceedingly narrow that it doesn't matter in the slightest that a shark in the ocean can live for 400 years.

That conclusion is confirmed by the reports of "alien abductions" ending, reversing whenever the victim cries out to Jesus for help.

I actually heard all ufologists are aware of this, but purposefully dont talk about it. The name of Jesus stopping that sort of thing. Cause they "dont know what to make of it." So its never talked about.

Pioneering ufologists like jacque vallee are silenced after suggesting alien life is more sinister than anything, and then clowns like stephen greer are amplified by the govt to promote disinformation. he actually encourages people to summon demonic entities in the sky with prayer and a laserpointer in his documentary close encounters of the fifth kind. I couldnt freakin believe it when i saw it. Might as well tell everyone to buy a ouija board.

That is Correct, it only says angels (sons of God) already existed (and rejoiced) as God refashioned the earth to give it life.

Genesis 1:1 says in the beginning God created "the heavens" plural FIRST, then the earth:

In the beginning God created the heavens (08064 שָׁמַיִם shamayim) and the earth. (Gen. 1:1 NKJ)

You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven (08064 שָׁמַיִם shamayim), The heaven (08064 שָׁמַיִם shamayim) of heavens (08064 שָׁמַיִם shamayim), with all their host (06635 צָבָא tsaba'), The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host (06635 צָבָא tsaba') of heaven worships You. (Neh. 9:6 NKJ)

"The host" refers to both stars and planets, and the angels. Only angels can "worship."

So Genesis 1:1 implies the angels were created first, before humans, when everything else was created by Christ the Word of God, in the beginning:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (Jn. 1:1-3 NKJ)

Some see a gap in time in Genesis 1:1, between creation of heaven and earth, which would allow for a universe of billions of years. But that contradicts the express statements that God created everything in 6 days:

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. (Gen. 2:2 NKJ)

Regardless, the angels were already alive and singing as God "laid the foundations" of the earth. I cannot find any other place where the Bible describes God creating the angels.
Genesis 1:1 mentions nothing about angels being created. The fact is no human knows the origin of angels.

God didn't have a house until he created it. Heaven God's house has always been.

Yom has multiple time lengths.

A shark in the right environment may be long lived, but I'm not talking about life in such an environment but in the generally extremely hostile-to-life environment of the rest of the cosmos which is full of supernovas, black holes, comets, meteors, toxic gases, vast tracts of bitterly cold, airless, empty darkness, and so on. No 15,000 year old clam would a last second in an eruption of nuclear plasma spitting out from the surface of a giant star, or in the airless, freezing dark (-455 Fahrenheit on average) of most of outer space, or in the cataclysmic ejecta of a supernova. It's because the rest of the universe is so volatile and the parameters for life so exceedingly narrow that it doesn't matter in the slightest that a shark in the ocean can live for 400 years.
You said life is very short, and your trying to back track your statement isn't working.

And the water bear can survive toxic gases, bitter cold, airless darkness. By the way darkness isn't empty.

A flat worm can be sliced up into twenty little pieces you won't kill the worm you will create twenty new flat worms. Those little guys as well are robust far from being fragile.

The water bear can survive close to absolute zero which is - 459 degrees Fahrenheit. The animal can survive past the boiling point.

I actually heard all ufologists are aware of this, but purposefully dont talk about it. The name of Jesus stopping that sort of thing. Cause they "dont know what to make of it." So its never talked about.

Pioneering ufologists like jacque vallee are silenced after suggesting alien life is more sinister than anything, and then clowns like stephen greer are amplified by the govt to promote disinformation. he actually encourages people to summon demonic entities in the sky with prayer and a laserpointer in his documentary close encounters of the fifth kind. I couldnt freakin believe it when i saw it. Might as well tell everyone to buy a Ouija board.
The MUFON investigator in that video confirms that, "they are guilty of a coverup". Greer is deceived and deceiving others.

Genesis 1:1 mentions nothing about angels being created. The fact is no human knows the origin of angels.

God didn't have a house until he created it. Heaven God's house has always been.

Yom has multiple time lengths.
Its possible "day" is symbolic. But my post showed the implication God created the angels when He created "the heavens", is strong. There isn't a good reason to dispute that is where angels likely were created, what good comes from not having a clue when it happened?

You said life is very short, and your trying to back track your statement isn't working.

Life (ours, anyway) is very short. This is what God's word says.

And I'm not trying to backtrack my statements. Here's what I said in my first post to this thread:

"Alien life in the universe? Very, very very unlikely. Are you aware of the multiplying factors that make it possible for life to exist on Earth? There are so many, and they have to be so precisely arranged, that the replication of these factors anywhere else in our universe, despite its size, is essentially impossible."
I said essentially the same thing in my last post:

"It's because the rest of the universe is so volatile and the parameters for life so exceedingly narrow that it doesn't matter in the slightest that a shark in the ocean can live for 400 years."

So, no, I'm not backtracking.

I do believe in aliens but i think some people have been deluded by secret technology believing its alien when its just advanced technology that the public had not yet seen, like drones for example. Someone 50 years ago might have seen a drone hovering and would have claimed they seen a UFO but it was just advanced technology., well it is technically a UFO, just not from another planet.

But i do believe in craft from another planet but i have no evidence. There has to be more going on and i think the odds in science makes it highly probable. There is just too many weird things going on not to believe in Aliens , be it intelligent life or just simple bacteria on another planet.

And the different heavens. I mean there is the sky, and there space, and then maybe 3rd heavens is out of space and time where God resides.

How do we work this out?. Serious question.

If Jesus left the earth in the flesh, in human form as the scripture says and his leaving was somehow beamed up or taken up in the heavens ( sky, space) as people looked on, i mean, if God is Spirit how could Jesus go from flesh to Spirit in the heavens?. Or is Jesus on another Planet waiting to come back?. Did he go through a black hole or something out of time and space into some spiritual rhelm or something?.

We know in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. So he created space, time and matter from out of space, time, and matter.

Some unexplainable uncomprehable spiritual place.

Its possible "day" is symbolic. But my post showed the implication God created the angels when He created "the heavens", is strong. There isn't a good reason to dispute that is where angels likely were created, what good comes from not having a clue when it happened?
Fare enough, since heavens is more than one, who knows during which one.

I still think God had a home even before the heavens being created.

Life (ours, anyway) is very short. This is what God's word says.

And I'm not trying to backtrack my statements. Here's what I said in my first post to this thread:

"Alien life in the universe? Very, very very unlikely. Are you aware of the multiplying factors that make it possible for life to exist on Earth? There are so many, and they have to be so precisely arranged, that the replication of these factors anywhere else in our universe, despite its size, is essentially impossible."
I said essentially the same thing in my last post:

"It's because the rest of the universe is so volatile and the parameters for life so exceedingly narrow that it doesn't matter in the slightest that a shark in the ocean can live for 400 years."

So, no, I'm not backtracking.
Human life anyways, i agree with that, some life is very old.

There is np doubt in my mind that there exists advanced organic life elsewhere in the universe that are similar to us. they probably have their own origin stories and ask themselves the same questions we do.

There is np doubt in my mind that there exists advanced organic life elsewhere in the universe that are similar to us. they probably have their own origin stories and ask themselves the same questions we do.
Although I completely disagree, you should hope there aren't.

Suppose God didn't create life, that it evolves on its own and earth is an example of that.

When we extrapolate that to the universe, a superior life form will take our place on top of the food chain.

Universally, all life is the food for other life, apart from bacteria there doesn't seem to be exceptions to this rule.

As only man has a "conscience", it would be improbable intelligent aliens would also have a conscience. Moreover, as all intelligent life is motivated by the good they can obtain by their actions, its a contradiction to suppose they would care anything at all about us. Only what "good" they can get from exploiting us.

Fare enough, since heavens is more than one, who knows during which one.

I still think God had a home even before the heavens being created.
Not the infinite God of the Bible; All things exist in God's Infinite Mind like a "thought". It is God's power and will that "holds everything together":

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Col. 1:17 NIV)

"for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said,`For we are also His offspring.' (Acts 17:28 NKJ)

God doesn't live in a place, all places exist in Him:

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built! (1 Ki. 8:27 NKJ)

Within God exists the "multiverse", the "heavenly realms where angels and spirits dwell", the "earthly realms where the humans and the physical stars and planets are", and "the unseen realm of Hades."

These realms are like parallel worlds separated from each other by a "dimensional barrier".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back