Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

General summary of how the end will unfold from this time forward

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As soon as the Progressive Communist Dems and RINOs have enough control over the US they will turn their face more outwardly towards their conspiracy with the Muslin Brotherhood and the other Muslim nations surrounding Israel, to overthrow Israel and turn their land over to the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization. I am certain when this takes place the Antichrist will emerge from among the Muslim terrorist leaders and put Israel on the back burner through a phony peace treaty between many nations and Israel. The Antichrist will use the authority he will gain through this to lead the Progressives Communists on a crusade to remove the Christian obstacle out of the way and thereby move the Global Great Reset forward. When this is accomplished the Antichrist will turn on Israel capture Jerusalem and he with the help of False Prophet will alter history and claim the Antichrist is the one the Bible and the counterfeit books of the cults foretold would come. He and the False Prophet will claim the anti-Christian Progressive laws are from God and He and the False Prophet will alienate the Christians even further by requiring that everyone take his mark in order to buy and sell. However, infighting will breakout between nations and kings over who will rule Israel. When the earthquakes John saw in Rev. 16 split the US, which is Babylon the great, into three the Antichrist will talk many of the kings of the earth into forming the fourth and final beast and Jesus will use this beast as His instrument of indignation toward Woke US and the US will be defeated militarily. Immediately afterwards the resurrection will take place and the believers will go to the wedding feast for 40 days. However, the Christian Pastors who will be saying that Jesus isn't coming for a long time when the resurrection takes place will be left behind unchanged until they receive the number of lashes each are allotted to receive and then they will be killed, put on the incorruptible and join the believers at the wedding feast. Dan. 12 tells us some believers will be changed in the resurrection, but remain behind to minister to those who will believe during the wedding feast and when they are finished they will join the rest of the believers at the wedding feast. After the wedding feast we will return with Jesus and He will throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet alive into the Lake of Fire and destroy his armies through a worldwide Jericho wall collapse like event and change Jerusalem into New Jerusalem where we will reign with Jesus over the earth for a 1000 years, while Satan is bound and cannot deceive those unbelievers who are still alive.

its still unclear if the USA is Babylon...but I don't know who might be...the Catholic Church is not enough of a power..that doesn't leave many other choices..

its still unclear if the USA is Babylon...but I don't know who might be...the Catholic Church is not enough of a power..that doesn't leave many other choices..
If you read my previous thread I go into detail how the Catholic church/Pope and all false religions do not fit the descriptions and the effects of the judgments found in Rev.16 - 18. The Catholic church/Pope teaching causes the Pope Antichrist to sit on himself and defeat himself. The Antichrist comes out of one of the seven heads or kingdoms and becomes the eighth king the woman sits on. If the woman is a Pope Antichrist ruler that would cause him to sit on himself. The US is the only country in the world that is like ancient Babylon but greater in magnitude. Ancient Babylon was the center of trade and ruled over the earth like the US is fulfilling today but in a much greater magnitude.

Hi jamesdalbright

I'm always interested in thoughts on how the end times will come about, but honestly, I don't think you're right about some of your claims here. We are given a description of the woman who rides the beast. I haven't been convinced that anything about that description points to the U.S.

I mean really, when has the U.S. gotten drunk on the blood of the saints? What do the colors purple and scarlet have to do with portraying the U.S.? What are the seven hills that the U.S. rests upon? I find that those who are trying to make the U.S. fit into some biblical pigeon hole, are generally Americans who have some ax to wield against the U.S.

That's ok, up to a point, but when such attitude clouds the thinking of the what the word of God actually says, then it becomes a problem for the believer.

God bless,
Ted

Hi jamesdalbright

I'm always interested in thoughts on how the end times will come about, but honestly, I don't think you're right about some of your claims here. We are given a description of the woman who rides the beast. I haven't been convinced that anything about that description points to the U.S.

I mean really, when has the U.S. gotten drunk on the blood of the saints? What do the colors purple and scarlet have to do with portraying the U.S.? What are the seven hills that the U.S. rests upon? I find that those who are trying to make the U.S. fit into some biblical pigeon hole, are generally Americans who have some ax to wield against the U.S.

That's ok, up to a point, but when such attitude clouds the thinking of the what the word of God actually says, then it becomes a problem for the believer.

God bless,
Ted
If you read Rev. 16-18 and my entire post you would see that the woman cannot represent the Antichrist ruling over his kingdom. The scripture about the woman drunk with the blood of saints hasn't been fully fulfilled yet. The dreams I read foretell countless numbers of Christians being killed by the Woke in the US. The scriptures point out that the seven mountains are seven kings, which should be obvious to you that they can't be seven hills.

As soon as the Progressive Communist Dems and RINOs have enough control over the US they will turn their face more outwardly towards their conspiracy with the Muslin Brotherhood and the other Muslim nations surrounding Israel, to overthrow Israel and turn their land over to the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization. I am certain when this takes place the Antichrist will emerge from among the Muslim terrorist leaders and put Israel on the back burner through a phony peace treaty between many nations and Israel. The Antichrist will use the authority he will gain through this to lead the Progressives Communists on a crusade to remove the Christian obstacle out of the way and thereby move the Global Great Reset forward. When this is accomplished the Antichrist will turn on Israel capture Jerusalem and he with the help of False Prophet will alter history and claim the Antichrist is the one the Bible and the counterfeit books of the cults foretold would come. He and the False Prophet will claim the anti-Christian Progressive laws are from God and He and the False Prophet will alienate the Christians even further by requiring that everyone take his mark in order to buy and sell. However, infighting will breakout between nations and kings over who will rule Israel. When the earthquakes John saw in Rev. 16 split the US, which is Babylon the great, into three the Antichrist will talk many of the kings of the earth into forming the fourth and final beast and Jesus will use this beast as His instrument of indignation toward Woke US and the US will be defeated militarily. Immediately afterwards the resurrection will take place and the believers will go to the wedding feast for 40 days. However, the Christian Pastors who will be saying that Jesus isn't coming for a long time when the resurrection takes place will be left behind unchanged until they receive the number of lashes each are allotted to receive and then they will be killed, put on the incorruptible and join the believers at the wedding feast. Dan. 12 tells us some believers will be changed in the resurrection, but remain behind to minister to those who will believe during the wedding feast and when they are finished they will join the rest of the believers at the wedding feast. After the wedding feast we will return with Jesus and He will throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet alive into the Lake of Fire and destroy his armies through a worldwide Jericho wall collapse like event and change Jerusalem into New Jerusalem where we will reign with Jesus over the earth for a 1000 years, while Satan is bound and cannot deceive those unbelievers who are still alive.
Right now we are coming close to the fulfillment of Mat 24:14, when that is complete the outbreak of the tribulation should take place next, which will be the worse time in history that will bring us to the point of extinction Mat 24:22, then God will send Jesus on account of the chosen ones. That is the condensed Bible version James.

Right now we are coming close to the fulfillment of Mat 24:14, when that is complete the outbreak of the tribulation should take place next, which will be the worse time in history that will bring us to the point of extinction Mat 24:22, then God will send Jesus on account of the chosen ones. That is the condensed Bible version James.
The fact that Matt. 24:14 starts out with the phrase “And this gospel” and it says this gospel is a witness to the world before the end times events begin; as well as the fact that these points are made in the midst of Jesus’s conversation about the end times, tells us that the gospel is not the gospel of salvation, but rather it is a detailed prophesy regarding the end times events before they take place, which will help bring the lost to genuinely believing in Jesus.

Matt. 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.

Hi jamesdalbright
the woman cannot represent the Antichrist ruling over his kingdom.
That isn't my understanding either.

So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written: THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

That's my understanding. This person/entity spoken of as the 'woman', which God often uses female gender when speaking of false idolatrous 'worship', as far as I can tell, looking at such questions with the knowledge of the world that we have now, would be the Roman church. Which was established shortly after Jesus' ascension and the work of the first apostles to establish the one true church of those who love Jesus.

Now, I don't want to step on toes here, but I know there's going to be blowback. I apologize in advance, but this is how I see this person/entity referenced in this passage of God's word. It is the Roman Catholic Church. Not so much today, but for the first 1,000 years after Paul's writings, the RCC did rule over the kings of the earth. Literally! The RCC, as an organization, is probably only the second greatest killer of the saints at this point in history. The muslim killing of christians is likely greater. During the reign of the Papal Church of Rome, tens of millions of Christians were persecuted and killed because they refused to bow to the "authority" of the Papal Church. I mean history is replete with stories of killings carried out by their authority against those they labeled as heretics. These 'heretics' were generally people who refused to bow down to their authority.

The Catholic Encyclopedia states that "with the formal recognition of the Church by the State and the increase of ecclesiastical penalties proportioned to the increase of ecclesiastical offences, came an appeal from the Church to the secular arm for aid in enforcing the said penalties, which aid was always willingly granted [...] deviations from the Catholic Faith, were by the State made punishable in civil law and secular penalties were attached to them." Canon 3 of the ecumenical Fourth Council of the Lateran, 1215 required secular authorities to "exterminate in the territories subject to their jurisdiction all heretics" pointed out by the Catholic Church, resulting in the inquisitor executing certain people accused of heresy. Some laws allowed the civil government to employ punishment.

(from wikipedia)

Notice the part I underlined and bolded. The 'RCC' leadership would go to the local law enforcement and request that they carry out the arrest and enforcement of whatever penalty the RCC held as the charge of heresy. It was most generally death, if the person refused to capitulate. The charge was simply 'deviation from the Catholic Faith'. So if someone believed and espoused that infant baptism wasn't valid...they were a heretic by the RCC's definition. Now there are even some who propose that this persecution of the saints went on for 1260 'days', in fulfillment of a couple of prophecies regarding the matter.

Really, the official colors of the RCC are a scarlet red and purple scheme. The RCC has more gold, jewels and precious metals than any other business or organization on the face of the Earth. When you amass all of the ornaments of all the various worship buildings around the world and all the precious things held in Vatican City and at many, many other places and monuments all over the world, the RCC has more of it than any other person or entity. That the woman is then explained: “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits." Then the angel describes to John that they also represent seven kings.

So, there are quite a lot of descriptors there that need to be accounted for.

God bless,
Ted

The fact that Matt. 24:14 starts out with the phrase “And this gospel” and it says this gospel is a witness to the world before the end times events begin; as well as the fact that these points are made in the midst of Jesus’s conversation about the end times, tells us that the gospel is not the gospel of salvation, but rather it is a detailed prophesy regarding the end times events before they take place, which will help bring the lost to genuinely believing in Jesus.

Matt. 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.
2 Thes 1:8

Hi jamesdalbright

That isn't my understanding either.

So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written: THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

That's my understanding. This person/entity spoken of as the 'woman', which God often uses female gender when speaking of false idolatrous 'worship', as far as I can tell, looking at such questions with the knowledge of the world that we have now, would be the Roman church. Which was established shortly after Jesus' ascension and the work of the first apostles to establish the one true church of those who love Jesus.

Now, I don't want to step on toes here, but I know there's going to be blowback. I apologize in advance, but this is how I see this person/entity referenced in this passage of God's word. It is the Roman Catholic Church. Not so much today, but for the first 1,000 years after Paul's writings, the RCC did rule over the kings of the earth. Literally! The RCC, as an organization, is probably only the second greatest killer of the saints at this point in history. The muslim killing of christians is likely greater. During the reign of the Papal Church of Rome, tens of millions of Christians were persecuted and killed because they refused to bow to the "authority" of the Papal Church. I mean history is replete with stories of killings carried out by their authority against those they labeled as heretics. These 'heretics' were generally people who refused to bow down to their authority.

The Catholic Encyclopedia states that "with the formal recognition of the Church by the State and the increase of ecclesiastical penalties proportioned to the increase of ecclesiastical offences, came an appeal from the Church to the secular arm for aid in enforcing the said penalties, which aid was always willingly granted [...] deviations from the Catholic Faith, were by the State made punishable in civil law and secular penalties were attached to them." Canon 3 of the ecumenical Fourth Council of the Lateran, 1215 required secular authorities to "exterminate in the territories subject to their jurisdiction all heretics" pointed out by the Catholic Church, resulting in the inquisitor executing certain people accused of heresy. Some laws allowed the civil government to employ punishment.

(from wikipedia)

Notice the part I underlined and bolded. The 'RCC' leadership would go to the local law enforcement and request that they carry out the arrest and enforcement of whatever penalty the RCC held as the charge of heresy. It was most generally death, if the person refused to capitulate. The charge was simply 'deviation from the Catholic Faith'. So if someone believed and espoused that infant baptism wasn't valid...they were a heretic by the RCC's definition. Now there are even some who propose that this persecution of the saints went on for 1260 'days', in fulfillment of a couple of prophecies regarding the matter.

Really, the official colors of the RCC are a scarlet red and purple scheme. The RCC has more gold, jewels and precious metals than any other business or organization on the face of the Earth. When you amass all of the ornaments of all the various worship buildings around the world and all the precious things held in Vatican City and at many, many other places and monuments all over the world, the RCC has more of it than any other person or entity. That the woman is then explained: “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits." Then the angel describes to John that they also represent seven kings.

So, there are quite a lot of descriptors there that need to be accounted for.

God bless,
Ted
If you read my post you would have seen how the Catholic church doesn't fit the descriptions found in these chapters. The Catholic church can't have an earthquake and cause all the cities of the nations to fall because there is no one to buy their cargos any longer. Every shipping company is not getting wealthy by shipping goods to the RCC. The RCC is not the center of trade and it does not rule over the entire earth. No historian has ever written that the Holy Roman Empire ruled over the entire earth. When you have an idea or hear an idea that you think might be the fulfillment of a prophecy you need to compare it with all of the scriptures that pertain to the topic. If you had you would have dismissed the RCC.

The Catholic church can't have an earthquake and cause all the cities of the nations to fall because there is no one to buy their cargos any longer. Every shipping company is not getting wealthy by shipping goods to the RCC. The RCC is not the center of trade and it does not rule over the entire earth.
Well, I'm not sure that the woman riding the beast does have an earthquake. I mean, we are told of earthquakes, but I don't recall anywhere that the Scriptures say that the woman riding the beast is the cause of said earthquakes. I went back and checked and I couldn't find the connection you seem to be making that the woman riding the beast cannot be the RCC because the RCC doesn't have an earthquake? Help me out here. What piece of Scripture makes it clear that the woman riding the beast will be an earthquake or cause an earthquake or whatever?

From my understanding, the woman riding the beast is 'drunk with the blood of the saints'. In fact, here are the particulars from Scripture.

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

The angel is explaining about the great prostitute who is the woman who 'rides' the beast. She is not the beast, but is merely riding along on the beast. We are told that 'with her' the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of 'her' adulteries.

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.

So there is a woman and there is a beast. The angel is going to give John some more information about them BOTH.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/revelation/17-8.html
The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

The beast is out of the Abyss and the people of the earth will be astonished at its return.

“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

Now John is hearing about the woman...not the beast. The seven heads of the beast are seven hills, but the angel also then says that the seven heads also represent seven kings. For the rest of the chapter, to the last sentence, the commentary is regarding the beast. Then the chapter closes with John going back and giving us one more clue regarding the woman. She is a great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Finally the angel reveals to John that the woman, whose colors are scarlet and purple, is a 'great city that rules over the kings (not just one king, but the kings) of the earth.

Where I sit today, there is only one other organization that one could even remotely see as 'ruling over the kings of the earth' and that is the U.N. But none of the descriptors fit the U.N. The U.N. is not a city. There is no significance, with the U.N. regarding the colors purple and scarlet. And the U.N. doesn't sit on seven hills.

Why Rome is called the City of Seven Hills? One of the best-known nicknames for Rome is “The City of Seven Hills.” This is, of course, because the ancient city was built on and between seven hills, all of which make up part of the core of the modern Italian capital. The seven hills of Rome mark the ancient boundaries of the city.

worldnewlive.com/what-city-is-known-as-city-of-seven-hills/

Rome has for a very, very long time been known as the 'city of (or on) seven hills'

So, I don't know where you're getting all of this information about earthquakes and the other things you mention as disqualifying the RCC as the 'woman who rides the beast' portrayed in John's testimony of the end time events.

God bless,
Ted

Well, I'm not sure that the woman riding the beast does have an earthquake. I mean, we are told of earthquakes, but I don't recall anywhere that the Scriptures say that the woman riding the beast is the cause of said earthquakes. I went back and checked and I couldn't find the connection you seem to be making that the woman riding the beast cannot be the RCC because the RCC doesn't have an earthquake? Help me out here. What piece of Scripture makes it clear that the woman riding the beast will be an earthquake or cause an earthquake or whatever?

From my understanding, the woman riding the beast is 'drunk with the blood of the saints'. In fact, here are the particulars from Scripture.

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

The angel is explaining about the great prostitute who is the woman who 'rides' the beast. She is not the beast, but is merely riding along on the beast. We are told that 'with her' the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of 'her' adulteries.

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.

So there is a woman and there is a beast. The angel is going to give John some more information about them BOTH.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/revelation/17-8.html
The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

The beast is out of the Abyss and the people of the earth will be astonished at its return.

“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

Now John is hearing about the woman...not the beast. The seven heads of the beast are seven hills, but the angel also then says that the seven heads also represent seven kings. For the rest of the chapter, to the last sentence, the commentary is regarding the beast. Then the chapter closes with John going back and giving us one more clue regarding the woman. She is a great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Finally the angel reveals to John that the woman, whose colors are scarlet and purple, is a 'great city that rules over the kings (not just one king, but the kings) of the earth.

Where I sit today, there is only one other organization that one could even remotely see as 'ruling over the kings of the earth' and that is the U.N. But none of the descriptors fit the U.N. The U.N. is not a city. There is no significance, with the U.N. regarding the colors purple and scarlet. And the U.N. doesn't sit on seven hills.

Why Rome is called the City of Seven Hills? One of the best-known nicknames for Rome is “The City of Seven Hills.” This is, of course, because the ancient city was built on and between seven hills, all of which make up part of the core of the modern Italian capital. The seven hills of Rome mark the ancient boundaries of the city.

worldnewlive.com/what-city-is-known-as-city-of-seven-hills/

Rome has for a very, very long time been known as the 'city of (or on) seven hills'

So, I don't know where you're getting all of this information about earthquakes and the other things you mention as disqualifying the RCC as the 'woman who rides the beast' portrayed in John's testimony of the end time events.

God bless,
Ted
I posted the scriptures and comments in my original post. Read it if you want to see the connection.

I was just sharing a video that is relevant to the conversation being had in this thread. I wasn’t sure how to post a link without replying to someone so I posted it in a reply to your post (because I thought you were the original poster of this forum). Sorry.

Hi jamesdalbright

well, I went back over your OP. I guess I'm just dumb as a post. I couldn't find any reference to the woman who rides the beast. So, we'll just say that your facts, as I understand them, don't line up with the Scriptures. Carry on.

God bless,
Ted

Hi jamesdalbright

well, I went back over your OP. I guess I'm just dumb as a post. I couldn't find any reference to the woman who rides the beast. So, we'll just say that your facts, as I understand them, don't line up with the Scriptures. Carry on.

God bless,
Ted
I am sorry. I just posted Why the Catholic Church, All False Religions and Babylon of Old are not Babylon the Great that contains the scriptures and comments I was referring to.

Perhaps you should vote for Donald Trump.The man who says he is the only one who can make Israel safe.

Hi jamesdalbright

God bless,
Ted
Ted......I agree.

Consider the fact that there is not one single Scripture that links or mentions or even suggests the USA !

IMHO, when the RApture takes place the USA will be a 3rd world country trying to clean up the mess left.

Revelation 17 is all about a "system". The New World Order run by the A/C.

Revelation 18 is all about a literal city.

It must be remembered that the identification of Babylon the Great as Catholic/Rome was originally developed by Protestant Reformers who saw the Roman Catholic Church as the primary source of evil in the world.

Now could it be Rome.....of course it could be. It is also helpful to understand that Biblically speaking, It's common for a capital city to stand in as a reference to a culture, or government, or even a religion or a nation.
The city-nation of Babylon, in the end times then is not only a hub of commerce and power, but of sin and sensuality, as well drugs and power.

Now, I can say with certainty that no one knows the name of this city. Rome? New York? Tokyo? London?

I would say that we should remember where all of this stuff began.....The Land of Shinar = Persia which is now Iran/Iraq. That is where Eden was. That is where Babylon was. That is where Nimrod tried to walk to heaven.
Some have thought it to be a future rebuilt Babylon on the Euphrates River in the Middle East. This is now a desolate desert in modern day Iraq.

Many years ago, Saddam Hussein was outspoken in his desire to resurrect the ruined city of Babylon in all of its glory. He obviously failed, but it is conceivable that a rebuilt Babylon could be a world economic center, especially with the wealth of Mideast oil. But so far, Hussein or any other leader has not made good on the dream to rebuild Babylon.

What if Israel attacks and destroys the oil refineries in Iran and Iraq "volunteers' To re-build them for Iran on the Euphrates river.

Hi jamesdalbright

God bless,
Ted
Excellent observation. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back