Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God’s Steadfast love

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Steadfast Love
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end. (v. 22)
In the ESV translation of the Bible, the adjective translated steadfast is used to describe God’s love for us about 200 times. If you look up the word steadfastin a dictionary or two, you will find definitions such as “unchangeable,” “firmly fixed in place,” “unwavering,” “firm in purpose,” “loyal,” and “immovable.”
In our reading today, we see that God’s steadfast love for us is unceasing—it never ends. That is hard for us humans to understand—we are so accustomed to everything ending. Chapters in our lives close, years go by, relationships change, our bodies age, and someday, our human life in this world will end. But God’s love for us lasts forever. This love “never ceases” (v. 22), which connotes a relational attachment that’s consistent, constant, and steady. Like gravity, God’s love is always present on earth, and we are always affected by its pull. It doesn’t fade in and out with time or circumstances.
God’s love for us is unceasing and unconditional regardless of who we are, what we have done, what our life experiences are, what we think, or whether we even believe God loves us. His steadfast love for us is a fact, not a feeling. We can depend on it like nothing else in this world.
As you pray, ask God to reveal to you his unceasing steadfast love.

Scripture​

”This I recall to my mind, Therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, Because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: Great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; Therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, To the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly Wait for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man that he bear The yoke in his youth. He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, Because he hath borne it upon him. He putteth his mouth in the dust; If so be there may be hope. He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him: He is filled full with reproach. For the Lord will not Cast off for ever: But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion According to the multitude of his mercies. For he doth not afflict willingly Nor grieve the children of men.“
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3‬:‭21‬-‭33‬ ‭KJV

Day: 2
Humongous

Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. (v. 5)

A few years ago, my husband and I visited a planetarium in Bradenton, Florida. We sat in the darkened theater as the dome overhead brightened. First, we saw Bradenton, then zoomed out above the state of Florida, and then the continent. Speeding heavenward, the earth soon looked like a blue softball with our white, marble-sized moon nearby. Faster than the speed of light, we traveled further until our solar system was unrecognizable in the sea of solar systems in our galaxy. Then we traveled further still to the wonders of birthing stars, novas, and black holes.

How vast! How much is still unknown! I felt smaller than a pinprick. In Psalm 8, the psalmist marvels at the creation of the heavens, and concludes in wonder that God is mindful of us too—he has crowned us “with glory and honor” (v. 5). Psalm 36 describes God’s steadfast love as bigger than the universe of galaxies (v. 5)—he pursues and woos our souls because he wants to intimately relate to each and every one of us. Amazing!

And, just like our universe, the more you seek to understand and know God’s steadfast love for you, the more you realize how awesome and humongous it is. Like a scientist searching the heavens for new discoveries, you will also discover new truths about how precious you are to him.

As you pray, be awed by God’s humongous steadfast love for you and how precious you are to him in this vast universe.

”The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, That there is no fear of God before his eyes. For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: He hath left off to be wise, and to do good. He deviseth mischief upon his bed; He setteth himself in a way that is not good; He abhorreth not evil. Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; And thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; Thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; And thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: In thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; And thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, And let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: They are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.“
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭36‬:‭1‬-‭12‬ ‭KJV

The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, To the soul that seeks him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly Wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Yeah, this is a good scripture. If we don't fully trust in the Love of God, we may not quietly wait for His promises to be fulfilled. The Lord often has to position us, and train us to develop certain character traits before we will be able to handle the responsibilities that come with seeing His promises fulfilled, so it takes patience, and the ability to wait until the time is finally right. In Abraham's case it took twenty five years, and that's a long time to be waiting on a promise. But the more we learn to trust Him, the longer we can go without our faith starting to flounder, until we are trying to make His promises happen by fleshly means and human effort, rather than simply waiting on the power of God.

It's amazing how Jesus steadfastly loved sinners who murdered Him. Without using human effort, He defeated their plan to get rid of Him. And still willing to offer forgiveness after that is stunning.
I think when He comes in Person, we're all going to be shocked at how living our God was to all.

Good post sister.

Charity is word not dilviged in often Some people think love is weak.

1 Corinthians chapter 14 . Paul taught about charity and spirtual gifts. Edifying body of christ.

1 Corinthians chapter 12. Charity is more than faith. How can Christian people claim to love God and have no charity to produce fruit for God.

Faith is essential. But charity takes top priority.

ECHEO in Greek means = sounding, love.

Faith, hope and charity.
The greatest is these Is charity.

A profitable servant will produce much fruit. Charity is the ingredient.

Pride is factor for false brethren. They are false witnesses. They are unprofitable.

Pride versus charity.

Back