Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Grading System 1 Cor.3:15

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tony Hyman

Is one of the mysteries? Will there be a grading standard when we get to heaven.?
"If it is burned up, he will suffer loss: he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."
Will there be A , B and C grade Christians for example?

Is one of the mysteries? Will there be a grading standard when we get to heaven.?
"If it is burned up, he will suffer loss: he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."
Will there be A , B and C grade Christians for example?
Dear Brother Tony, to me there is indeed present judgment of us believers as pertaining to our spiritual walk in Christ; we read of it in Revelation chapters two and three. In there you can read of five portions of the Church told to repent, and change their ways, and only two commended and said to have crowns in Rev 2:10 & Rev 3:10-11. Smyrna remained faithful unto death, and Philadelphia faithfully keeps God’s word.

Here is one separation by reward in Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer (or endure) with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him
1 Pet 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1 Pet 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God
1 Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

One result seen in future reward is that of the twenty-four elders and four beasts with Jesus in heaven prior to the tribulation in Rev 2:4 & Rev 4:6 shown round about and in the midst of the throne. Having crowns.

A lesser reward would be those of Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands. A white robe & palm was their reward, and Rev 7:14 says these are they which came out of great tribulation. Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple.
My thoughts. :wave2

In Matthew 22:1-14 Jesus spoke a Parable of a King and a wedding celebration he was preparing.
22:1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying,2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.3 And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.

My take here is that these are the Jews that do not convert into the fulfillment of the Jewish Faith, Christianity.

4 Again he sent out other slaves saying, ‘Tell those who have been invited, “Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast.”’5 But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,6 and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.

Here I find a picture of the ministry of the Son f God, Jesus.

7 But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.8 Then he said to his slaves, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.9 Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.’10 Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.

Here are the good and the evil, forgiven and feasting with the King, Christians and fulfilled Jews, also Christians.

11 “But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,12 and he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?’ And the man was speechless.13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’14 For many are called, but few are chosen.” (NASB)

In this man I see all those billions of pretenders, members but never believing. But, consider, for the purposes of the question here, are they not, also, known as Christian?

Not spelled out here are the members of the Bride of the Christ but from other passages of scripture we know they will be. I see the members of the Bride as those who believe and then live, daily, to the glory of their God.

Then there, in Heaven, are the guest and we must ask ourselves, is a guest at any wedding the equal of the Bride? I say, certainly not and so we have at least two major groups of people in Heaven for eternity.

Then there, in Heaven, are the guest and we must ask ourselves, is a guest at any wedding the equal of the Bride? I say, certainly not and so we have at least two major groups of people in Heaven for eternity.
This is fact, and as John the Baptist said, his joy was being the friend of the bridegroom.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

This suggests to me he was not going to be in the bride even though he is written among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist (Mat 11:11). Who is it that is to be taken to be the bride?
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them (Not all) a people for his name. Just who will Jesus be known as at that time?
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh . . . I will write upon him my new name. Bridegroom? :shrug

This is fact, and as John the Baptist said, his joy was being the friend of the bridegroom.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

This suggests to me he was not going to be in the bride even though he is written among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist (Mat 11:11). Who is it that is to be taken to be the bride?
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them (Not all) a people for his name. Just who will Jesus be known as at that time?
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh . . . I will write upon him my new name. Bridegroom? :shrug
Great point.

So its about staying focused and striving to lead a godly (Chrislike) lifestyle no matter what. Not so easy in this world of many temptations against the grain, or will of God.Thanks for your thoughts Eugene and Mr Taylor.

So its about staying focused and striving to lead a godly (Chrislike) lifestyle no matter what. Not so easy in this world of many temptations against the grain, or will of God.Thanks for your thoughts Eugene and Mr Taylor.
Man, I wish you were an example of how it is to teach the God like life to the average person but then, you are not common, are you Tony? :wall

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
(1Co 9:24-25)

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
(Mat 25:21)

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
(Rev 5:10)

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(Heb 12:1)

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
(2Ti 4:6-8)

It's not a grading system to see if you did a great job or not a great job. It's not a system to see who committed the least amount of sins.

Did you take what God put in you, and do the plan of God now in this time? Did you run your race in the place you where called? Where you faithful in what the Lord set you to do as part of the body of Christ, being a body part?

We need to cultivate a life of asking the Lord what is important to him, and forget those things that are not that important. Did we redeem our time as our time here is very short and goes by quickly?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back