Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] How Could the Ark Have Survived the Stresses of the Flood?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And here we are . It worked once , why the need to "prove it " as you say ?
The question is whether or not someone's particular interpretation is true. And a global flood with all "kinds" on board, is what we would test.

And that's why it will never be tested.

The question is whether or not someone's particular interpretation is true. And a global flood with all "kinds" on board, is what we would test.

Who caused the" kinds" to come to the Ark ? God selected the animals . That will be a BIG problem if you want to do a test . Remember too these were animals that lived in a pre-flood environment .

It is impossible to do a "test" as you say , we do not even know what kind of fasteners held the mysterious gopher wood together and exactly how it was assembled ! We don't have the full instructions like Noah did .

I read and believe what is said in the bible , I did not know an interpretation is needed to understand Noah's Ark and the flood .

For example, the flood was not described as global. And there was no mention of fasteners, nor did it say that God gave Noah instructions beyond what is in scripture. Nor does it say God brought the animals to Noah.

Those are all additions to scripture, and not part of God's word.

And there was no mention of fasteners,
So you think that they did not use any ? Tell me how you are building your Ark without fasteners .
nor did it say that God gave Noah instructions beyond what is in scripture.
Did it need to for it to have happened ? Does it say this is the complete instructions for building the ark in the scriptures ?
Nor does it say God brought the animals to Noah.
Ok , God sent the animals to Noah , "shall come unto thee " .

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
Those are all additions to scripture, and not part of God's word.
I don't think I am trying to rewrite God's word and IF I am God will deal with me you don't need to worry about it .
For example, the flood was not described as global.
Still need the Ark either way .

So you think that they did not use any ? Tell me how you are building your Ark without fasteners .
Traditional carpentry in many cultures used only wood to fasten parts together. Trenals (wooden pegs and parts) were often used in place of expensive iron nails.

nor did it say that God gave Noah instructions beyond what is in scripture. Perhaps Noah was skilled in carpentry.

Given that the flood was not said to be global, it's not surprising that he would be able to have them come to him for help.

And it was seven of each, except for unclean beasts, for which he was to only take two. And God doesn't care if you think there's more to His instructions than the Bible says. It's not a salvation issue.

Last edited:
Traditional carpentry in many cultures used only wood to fasten parts together. Trenals (wooden pegs and parts) were often used in place of expensive iron nails.
Yes , wooden pegs . But that is not mentioned in the scripture , we are using a best guess , nothing more .

Trenals , cool , a new word for me , thanks for that Barbarian ! A treenail, also trenail, trennel, or trunnel, is a wooden peg, pin, or dowel .

I don't want to be doing ANY guessing building a working model .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treenail

You really expect to test something involving a Supernatural event?? Good luck with that. Athiests have a similar mentality. It's almost as if believing in Evolution gets you to think like a athiest!! SUPRISE SUPRISE!! :hysterical:hysterical

James 1:8
"He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."
Biblical Genesis account or Athiest's origin fantasy (evolution). Pick 1, only 1.

Wrong.
Explain why fossils all round the world have a weird posture. Almost like the flood was real!
There are some caverns here in north Alabama ( sadly closed now ) and when you would take a tour there the tour guides would point out the sea creature fossils in the ceiling of the caves . Sequoyah Caverns .

211741942_303ad170fd_z.jpg

Given that the flood was not said to be global, it's not surprising that he would be able to have them come to him for help.

Wrong.
Explain why fossils all round the world have a weird posture.
They don't. Most are in pretty much dead animal postures.
iu

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that neck tendons in some animals tighten up, pulling their head back, as they decay. As you see above, that isn't commonly seen, but we do have examples of such postures. But that happens with all sorts of animals today.

Almost like the flood was real!
Most fossils do require water to form. But we see those things happening today as well. And yet we don't have a global flood. Do you see why?

Either believe Genesis or don't. You don't. Just that simple.

I think I know why they'll never actually test the Creationist version of the Ark story.

1. too much effort
AIG built what they claim to be an authentic replica of the Ark.
2. too much cost
Apparently not for AIG.
3. <main reason> there'll never be another global Flood!! just like Genesis says
Genesis never said there was a global flood at all. That is man's addition to scripture to make it acceptable to him.
4. no dinosaurs nowadays.
Birds. If you doubt this, name one feature of birds not found in other dinosaurs.

You really expect to test something involving a Supernatural event??
You think the construction of the Ark was a supernatural event? It's a bad idea to keep putting words in God's mouth.
Atheists have a similar mentality. They too, argue against rational examination of scripture as a way of understanding it. It's almost as if believing in creationism gets you to think like an atheist.

Wrong. God is omnipotent. That's the real reason why.

The biblical passages regarding the flood make it clear that it was global. Genesis 7:11 states that “all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.”

Were ALL the springs and floodgates fixated on ONE place??? that stetches all credulity and contradicts logic!!
local flood contradicts Genesis!!
God breaks His promise according to the goofy local-flood belief. Apparently you think God breaks His promise.
Well i think He KEEPS them. There was never another global flood after Noah's time. but MANY local ones!
Local flood is a myth and a sham. Global is real.
Explain ALLL the worldwide flood legends. they are less logical and warpings of the Genesis account - only a few accuracies remain. And yeah they used stuff for their region (ie boats), BUT their described FLOOD would be PLANET-wide.
I challenge you to find 4 local-flood (as opposed to global) legends.

You think the construction of the Ark was a supernatural event?
no.
the Flood was. the global flood could not have been due to natural causes.
It's a bad idea to keep putting words in God's mouth.
Funny. I never asserted here that the Bible said that the ark construction was a supernatural event.

By your own logic, you're the one doing it.

I think I know why they'll never actually test the Creationist version of the Ark story.
Oh? Should we test whether God created things, too?
Good luck reviving the dinoes that were on the ark.
Good luck trying to break God's post-flood promise of no future global floods.
Good luck resetting genes to the more pure form they were in when Noah got the animals.
Good luck trying to test and repeat the literal PAST. History itself by definition CANT be SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED/REPEATED. Yeah we can test the items left over, but not the events themselves. The closest thing would be a best guess. Only God's Word, the Bible is conclusive.

And most of all,
Good luck trying to test the LOCALFLOOD MYTH.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back