Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John Calvin's Heretical Teaching

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Firstly, Romans 9:13 has been much abused and misused by the "Reformed", to push their nonsense theology!

Let us look at the actual context, and see what God is saying here

Rom 9:10-13

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.

it is very clear to the UNBIASED, what his being said here

God's CHOICE here, has NOTHING to do with "salvation", but the fact, that "The older shall serve the younger", which is for SERVICE!

Note what follows, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated". which means, I PREFER Jacob over Esau!

Very simple, if read as God intends and not through BIASED theology as "Calvinism" tries to FORCE what God actually says!

Secondly, Psalms 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity"

Also includes what Psalm 106:40 says, "Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against His people And He detested His own inheritance"

God here DETESTS His own Inheritance, and is ANGRY with His own!

These words do not apply to the unsaved, as they are NOT "God's people or Inheritance. So your argument from this is MOOT!
You just reject scripture and bear false witness, nowhere does it say God loves the entire human race. Esau was part of the human race Rom 9:13 and so are the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

I'm not disagreeing with you. Good and bad are defined by God. That's all.

God simply ordained what light and dark are. It's how folks go from light into darkness.
Jer.18 shows how "God hardened Pharaohs' heart. 😊
God does not harden hearts.
Read the entire story.

electedbyhim

Mcarthur here is being deceptive, he is correct in saying that being fitted for destruction is in the passive voice, however he is wrong by saying God isnt the one fitting the vessels of wrath for destruction. The vessels of wrath are receiving the action from God, for He is the one who made them, So God is active in fitting them for destruction
I have read many studies on these verse. I have not made up my mind as to which way I lean.

Looking at the text itself is quite revealing to me.

Yes man by nature has a stony[hard] heart in the flesh Ezk 36:26 that must be replaced with a new heart,

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Man by natural birth is of the flesh, out the womb Jn 3

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
And Jn.3 also agrees with my interpretation of Jer.18 and Eze.36, so you're citing scripture that says when God warns people and they take notice, that's how He takes the stony heart away and the more believers follow Him the more we become human as He made us in the beginning.

Jer.18 and many other passages cannot fit your theology, but what happens in these talks is they're ignored.

You just reject scripture and bear false witness, nowhere does it say God loves the entire human race. Esau was part of the human race Rom 9:13 and so are the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

Thank you for exposing your false theology by a clear misunderstanding of scripture and the word hate.

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26

Do you hate your father and mother or brother?

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Do you think God is a murderer?

JLB

I know. I said if your daddy tells you not to stay out past 10 because it's a school night, your daddy might make you mad!!!

I don't need to read the story. As a teenager, my parents made my heart hard for grounding me and oh how right they were.
You just stated some incorrect information.
Pharaoh hardened his own heart.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Does God have a brother?

God killed the entire generation of Noah (except for 8 people), but splitting the hair between killing and murder with respect to God’s right to take a life is above my pay grade.

I THINK … your question was a rhetorical ploy and not an honest conversation.

Thank you for exposing your false theology by a clear misunderstanding of scripture and the word hate.

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26
Malachi 1 does a better job of defining “hate” in Romans 9:13 … it is the OT verse that Paul quotes, after all.

That's what I said. Pharaoh didn't like what God said.....through Moses.
Pharaoh was worshipped as a god by the Egyptians. Pharaoh never saw God. Only Gods' messenger.

God picked a sheppherd (with a speech impediment) to tell someone who thought he was a god what do do. Moses had to have Aaron (another slave like himself.) speak for him,

Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.” Exo.3:19 AMP

Pharaoh just grew harder the more God wanted him to repent. Even after God crushed his pride by taking his son, that man recanted and went after Gods' people who cried to Him for deliverance.
I don't know if God afforded him another opportunity to repent, or if he drowned with his army. I don't it says either way.

And Jn.3 also agrees with my interpretation of Jer.18 and Eze.36, so you're citing scripture that says when God warns people and they take notice, that's how He takes the stony heart away and the more believers follow Him the more we become human as He made us in the beginning.

Jer.18 and many other passages cannot fit your theology, but what happens in these talks is they're ignored.
Sorry but mans heart by nature is hard, stony and God must give him a new one before man can comply with God, being born a baby in the flesh doesnt do any good, that which is flesh is flesh, one must be born again from above. Unfortunately babies aren't born from above.

Do you hate your father and mother or brother?

JLB
If you want to call Rom 9:13 and Ps 5:5 false theology, be my guess, but the same word will judge you in the day of Judgement.

God does not harden hearts.
Read the entire story.
Did God harden the hearts of these men ? Josh 11:20

For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Pharoah had no choice but to harden his own heart as it was in accordance with God hardening his heart Ex 8:15

But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
The Lord had said initially He was going to harden pharoah heart Ex 4:21

And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

So whenever it says pharaoh hardened his own heart, the first cause was Gods hardening of his heart as God said.

Now for anyone to say that God doesnt harden hearts in light of this, shows utter contempt for the word of God !

Pharoah had no choice but to harden his own heart as it was in accordance with God hardening his heart Ex 8:15

But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
The Lord had said initially He was going to harden pharoah heart Ex 4:21

And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

So whenever it says pharaoh hardened his own heart, the first cause was Gods hardening of his heart as God said.

Now for anyone to say that God doesnt harden hearts in light of this, shows utter contempt for the word of God !
electedbyhim

The last paragraph of the above is why I don't like to post here.

Au revoir.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back