Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Matthew 24:24

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This verse tells us that the true child of God can never be deceived.

Matthew 24:24 “For false christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Only the unregenerate can be deceived.

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also once were foolish, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, despicable, hating one another.

And yes, the elect are Christians.

Many will be along to me me I am wrong.

Grace and peace to you.

I have been thinking more about this topic.

If the elect cannot be decieved, shouldn't we all believe the same doctrines as truth of the Bible?

Would not all converted people believe in the "Doctrines of Grace"?

Or how about the Trinity and that Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh?

Where does one draw the line? There many teachings in Christendom that we do not agree on.

Grace and peace to you.

In Matthew 24:24, Jesus is not slaying that the elect cannot be deceived about everything
The context is False Christs
Mat 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

He is not talking about doctrines of baptism and other things. But false christs.

Mat 24:26 "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Jesus isn't going to just show up and be a normal person with people following him like The Reverend Sun Young Moon or something. It will be something everybody will see and know it is happening. It will be judgment day.

In Matthew 24:24, Jesus is not slaying that the elect cannot be deceived about everything
The context is False Christs
Mat 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

He is not talking about doctrines of baptism and other things. But false christs.

Mat 24:26 "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Jesus isn't going to just show up and be a normal person with people following him like The Reverend Sun Young Moon or something. It will be something everybody will see and know it is happening. It will be judgment day.
I am not so certain about this.

But I understand what you are saying.

Back