Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Most important verse in the Bible!! Read and spread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ralphias

This is the most important thing you'll ever here in the history of the universe. Whats the best thing you can imagine, you're God? that would be selfish, how about part of God, the perfect God along with all followers of Christ as He is God. That would be good wouldn't it? This is the most important verse of the Bible:

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

I beleive He blessed me with a good brain, I used mine through sufferring and hard work. Which is why we suffer to make this come dream come true. We are all part of the perfect living God! Believe with me! Spread this like wildfire please 🙏

Hey All,
I agree that 1 Corinthians 12:27 is important for the believer Ralphias. But is it the most important in all of Scripture? In all 66 books, written by more than 40 authors, over a 1500-2000 year time frame, 1 Corinthians 12:27 is the most important?
Here's a question for you.
Why was the Bible given to us?
Think about it and let the answer come to you.
Maybe there is another verse. Again, think about it.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

This is the most important thing you'll ever here in the history of the universe. Whats the best thing you can imagine, you're God? that would be selfish, how about part of God, the perfect God along with all followers of Christ as He is God. That would be good wouldn't it? This is the most important verse of the Bible:

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

I beleive He blessed me with a good brain, I used mine through sufferring and hard work. Which is why we suffer to make this come dream come true. We are all part of the perfect living God! Believe with me! Spread this like wildfire please 🙏

I doubt that there is a most important text, biblical or extrabiblical. The word importance, carries the idea of use, function. Existentially different texts can be to us the most important at different times and circumstances, and some revelational words can take us high. Augustine of Hippo heard a young child chanting the extrabiblical words, “Take up and read; Take up and read”. He took up the Bible and read. Peter wasn’t bothered about the church evangelising unkosher gentiles. To him came biblical words about the cross abolishing racial kosher distinctions (Ac.10:15). Both good directional changing words.

On 1 Cor.12:27, you might enjoy the essay, On Membership, by C S Lewis. Christianity is what I call Level 3 salvation, and it’s good for those within it to see both their individual and corporate identities combined.

God so loved the World, or while we were enemies Christ died, or to all who believed he gave the right to be sons of God, or it is by faith you are saved by grace and it is the gift of God, there are many encouraging and challenging verses.

Hey All,
I agree that 1 Corinthians 12:27 is important for the believer Ralphias. But is it the most important in all of Scripture? In all 66 books, written by more than 40 authors, over a 1500-2000 year time frame, 1 Corinthians 12:27 is the most important?
Here's a question for you.
Why was the Bible given to us?
Think about it and let the answer come to you.
Maybe there is another verse. Again, think about it.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Seems we each have our favorite/most important verse.
They're all good.

Post yours?

Hey All,
You're right wondering, I forgot to post my favorite verses.

1. Judges 16:22 Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

God is always faithful to me even when I am not always faithful to Him. God always keeps His promises.

2. Jonah 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

Ongoing deceitful sin, that I try to justify as acceptable, causes me to give up or abandon my mercy. I can be as stubborn as Jonah. I don't know if I am three days stubborn. But if I get angry, along with the stubborn, I would probably do some time in "belly jail" as well.

3. 1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
1 John is probably the book, of the Bible, I have read the most. I always feel better after reading it. 1:4 is the main reason why. John wrote this letter specifically for the purpose of filling my heart with joy. Joy is a gift of the Holy Spirit. That is how I want to write - letters that bring joy to the reader. I am not always successful. But I am trying.

Keep walking everybody,
May God bless,
Taz

Hello Ralphias, And how are you all? we are in agreement with what you are saying, but come to think about it, what the LORD has said about His Sabbaths is to us most important because of His covenant, let us not forget.

Isaiah 58:1-14 especially verses 13-14.

Love, Walter And Debbie

This is the most important thing you'll ever here in the history of the universe. Whats the best thing you can imagine, you're God?

What a thought! I'd be supremely depressed and disappointed to know that God and I were on par with each other.

that would be selfish, how about part of God, the perfect God along with all followers of Christ as He is God. That would be good wouldn't it? This is the most important verse of the Bible:

Well, what did Paul mean here? Out of context, this verse can take on a very...strange character, seeming to say something that, in context, it doesn't at all. The entire twelfth chapter of Paul's first letter to the believers at Corinth is all about Christians forming a spiritual "body" made up of all different sorts of "parts" that together express Christ. Paul is actually talking about the Church, the Body of Believers, and about how they are to interact with each other, and why. Paul, then, is NOT indicating that Christians are literally parts of Christ's body and thereby are actually themselves deity. That's just heretical crazy talk, right?

Hmmm...not really, no. We are no more a part of God than a painting by Rembrandt is a part of Rembrandt. I don't look at one of Rembrandt's paintings and think, "I'm looking at Rembrandt! This is Rembrandt!" No, he's long dead, his corpse a bunch of dust (and maybe some bones) in the ground somewhere. In the same way, I don't look at my wife and think "I'm looking at God. My wife is God!" Goodness, what a thought! My wife's awesome, to be sure, but not that awesome. No, though we come from God, this doesn't make us God, too.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back