Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My First Verse For 2014

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tony Hyman

I was wondering what the other Brothers and Sisters would place as their respective First Verses on this Ist day of 2014 South African Time. Mine takes me back to the very "foundation" of my belief and the need to stay anchored to that one and only ,foundation Jesus Christ ,as Peter advises in I Peter 2:6 confirming Isaiah 28 :16 .In this hurly burly World Of World of new ideas and down playing ,of God's will and commands ,I am pleased that this "New Years Resolution" was revealed to me.

Php_4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, - Philippians 3:10 NLT

From Bible Gateway (my home page, really spoke to me this morning),
2 Corinthians 5:17;
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here"!

"22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Timothy 2:22 NIV)

It's amazing how much of life, good and bad, is motivated by the passions and desires of our youthful bodies, but then when those passions start to peel away with the wisdom of age we begin to see how deceitful they are and learn what truly is life.

Last edited:
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. (Gen. 1:1 ESV)​

As my first verse of the new year, I choose the very first verse of the Bible, since it's the very bedrock on which the rest of the Bible is built. May we all build our lives on the Rock of Ages during this coming year.

The TOG​

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back