Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nonexistent or Existent

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

PrayForJay

Hello:

My Question is: Was there ever a time where God didn't exist, or he formed into Himself some way.

I know the Word says God doesn't change.

So If God originally was different than how He is Now He has Changed.

And this brings other questions like: Are we God's first ever attempt at Creation?

Was there a time where there was No Master Plan?

But God is Good and Gives Good Gifts to His Children.

Sometimes I feel life is horrible because of my Bipolar Depression...

So then I am told...Focus on the good things and the good life you remember...

Then I feel like saying: A Positive times a Negative is Negative and everything seems bad.

But now I am feeling good and blessed. Praise the Lord. IJNA

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,

Isaiah 40:28 ESV

1 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be [a]moved.
2 Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting.

Psalm 93 1-2 NKJV

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:8 NKJV

5 The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven
6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever,

Revelation 10:5-6 NKJV

Hope this helps.

Was there ever a time where God didn't exist, or he formed into Himself some way.

Why do you assume this, what evidence or reason for this assumption do you have?

If some other being formed God, that being would be God.
God, being outside of his created universe , is unknowable to us unless he reveals himself to us.
So what reason do you have to doubt what he has revealed about himself?

Why do you assume this, what evidence or reason for this assumption do you have?

If some other being formed God, that being would be God.
God, being outside of his created universe , is unknowable to us unless he reveals himself to us.
So what reason do you have to doubt what he has revealed about himself?
Hey All,
You are making an assumption in your questioning Who Me. As soon as you introduce "if" into the conversation, you are not speaking from proven fact.
So if we agree that there is a God, and that He does reveal Himself to us, and that we have no reason to doubt His revelation, we have made three assumptions.

The proof believers have is something you cannot understand if you are not one. We have faith which comes from God. It is a fact to us.

But non-believers have factual proof of God through creation. They also have proof through their consciousness. You and I believe there is right and wrong, good and evil. From where or Whom do those values originate?

Moses, according to what he wrote, received the 10 Commandments directly from God. If they are just man-made there should be a flaw in them. Yet we still have them. Four thousand thousand years later hey are still relevant. We expect others to live by them. They are interwoven into our society so much so that even non-believers abide by them. They are part of our collective consciousness.
Holy smokes, that's pretty strong proof that they are from God. (See Isaiah 45:5 down below. We were/are covered [girded] by God and don't even know Him.)

So we can trust what God has revealed about Himself.

2 Peter 1:19-21 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So prophecy is another way we can can trust what God has revealed. Did what the prophet say come true? If so, then we can trust what the prophet says about God to be true. Because God is the author of their prophecy. Moses wrote:

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

This speaks to God's singleness. He commands this because there are no other gods.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Three religions acknowledge Isaiah as a prophet.

Ultimately believing in God is an assumption. That's why it's called theology. But it is not an assumption without basis.

Your assumption that God had a creator is an assumption without basis according to the proof that we both acknowledge.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Hello:

My Question is: Was there ever a time where God didn't exist, or he formed into Himself some way.

So If God originally was different than how He is Now He has Changed.

And this brings other questions like: Are we God's first ever attempt at Creation?

Was there a time where there was No Master Plan?

But God is Good and Gives Good Gifts to His Children.

So then I am told...Focus on the good things and the good life you remember...

Then I feel like saying: A Positive times a Negative is Negative and everything seems bad.

But now I am feeling good and blessed. Praise the Lord. IJNA
God not only made everything but He upholds everything.
So, no, God had to always exist or we wouldn't be here.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". John 1:1
"The same was with God in the beginning." John 1:2

Respected Christian writers generally believe God was preexistent, and exists eternally both in the future and in the past; with no beginning. These are things, however, that mortal man simply cannot wrap our head around. Per all the laws of physics as we know it, everything and everyone has a beginning. Matter is comprised of atoms; atoms are comprised of electrons, protons, neutrons, and energy. Protons and neutrons are comprised of valence quarks. Quarks and electrons are comprised of...what...? Energy? How did that get there--besides that God's Word says that God created it? We can theorize, but we don't know. Something--or someone--that has no beginning--is beyond the realm of what we can comprehend firsthand. We have God's Word, which says, "In the beginning, God created...", but God's Word--which was inspired by God but written by mortal man's hands--says little more about what was before that. We have an eternal life ahead of us, at which time we will better understand these things; but now, in this temporal life, we simply don't.

I was diagnosed as Bipolar 1 when my head popped; but such a diagnosis is not the say all, end all. If you do have a chemical imbalance in your brain, they do have medication for that. If you're feeling down; talk to people, and you can read the Bible; there are a few uplifting stories in there.

God is; and He was the beginning of all Creation. While we cannot "see him"; He is always around. If you trust in Him to give you strength; then you will have strength.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back