Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Peter NOT the 1st pope: Analysis Matthew 16 - Peter and the keys of the kingdom

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Acts 15:7 God made choice among the apostles!

God chose Peter! Amen!

Who is the rock the church is built on?

Acts 15:7 God chose peter

What doctrine do you think is man made?
Within Catholicism? Infant baptism, sprinkling or pouring water in lieu of baptism, the pope, the structure of the church with a central governing body as opposed to individual, autonomous congregations and the figurehead such as cardinals, etc., worship or Mary, abstaining from meats, non allowance of marriage of so called priests, segregation of separation of laity and non laity and misapplication of the roles of such laity within church structure, establishment of religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter which are not scriptural, confession, first holy communion, just to name a few.

To reject the church or her doctrine is to reject Christ who founded the church and revealed the doctrine!
Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

We have no authority to decide faith, doctrine or truth for ourselves by any means including scripture study!

Must hear the church 18:17
There is one church and it ain't the catholic one.

Within Catholicism? Infant baptism, sprinkling or pouring water in lieu of baptism, the pope, the structure of the church with a central governing body as opposed to individual, autonomous congregations and the figurehead such as cardinals, etc., worship or Mary, abstaining from meats, non allowance of marriage of so called priests, segregation of separation of laity and non laity and misapplication of the roles of such laity within church structure, establishment of religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter which are not scriptural, confession, first holy communion, just to name a few.
All biblical Matt 16:19 & 18:18
Church has the authority of Christ!

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42

Let us examine ourselves to see if we be in the virtues of Jesus Christ!

And they we acting in righteousness and doing the will of God till like Saul the blinding light of Christ appears and shows forth the truth!

Pride always in a state of Rejection, Rebellion, and Protest!

The children of disobedience!

Humility is always united to the truth, always in obedience!

What is it?
The church consists of all those baptized into Christ, immersed in water, not infants, not those that had water poured or sprinkled on them, but those of an accountable age, able to believe confess their belief as the Ethiopian eunuch did, who understands they've sinned, are repentant, and choose to have their sinned remitted by being immersed in water. After doing so, the Lord adds you to HIS church which is his body. That is the only true church and the only way to become a member of it, a child of God and a Christian.

The church consists of all those baptized into Christ, immersed in water, not infants, not those that had water poured or sprinkled on them, but those of an accountable age, able to believe confess their belief as the Ethiopian eunuch did, who understands they've sinned, are repentant, and choose to have their sinned remitted by being immersed in water. After doing so, the Lord adds you to HIS church which is his body. That is the only true church and the only way to become a member of it, a child of God and a Christian.
Where does scripture or the church say immersion is required?

Is baptism in the Jordan by John the Baptist also required?

Is Jesus Christ not the savior of all men? Lk 2:10-11 including infants?

Are infants children? Acts 2:38-38 this promise is to “your children”!

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say adults only or except infants!

If something like faith or repentance are not possible how can they be required? The eunuch was an adult!

Who governs the church, and administers the kingdom?

No hurry!

Where does scripture or the church say immersion is required?

Is baptism in the Jordan by John the Baptist also required?

Is Jesus Christ not the savior of all men? Lk 2:10-11 including infants?

Are infants children? Acts 2:38-38 this promise is to “your children”!

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say adults only or except infants!

If something like faith or repentance are not possible how can they be required? The eunuch was an adult!

Who governs the church, and administers the kingdom?

No hurry!
The word baptism is transliterated, not translated from the Greek word 'baptizo' and its definition is to plunge, dip, immerse, so the word itself defines it.

The Baptism of John was the precursor to the baptism cited in Acts 2:38. It's identical in nature except that it wasn't a baptism into Christ since he wasn't dead as yet. Those baptised unto John's baptism had to be re-baptized into Christ such as were the Ephesians as recorded in Acts 19. Read verses 1-6.

You're misunderstanding acts 2:38-9. It's the promise of the receipt of the Holy Ghost meaning it was not only for them in the near term, but their children too as well as to "all that are afar off", meaning others that believe and are baptized into Christ, including us.

Lydia and her whole household in Acts 16 were baptized. No, it doesn't exclude nor definitively include infants, but as stated before, infants can't believe, confess, repent, not have they committed sin. There are no records of children or infants being baptized in the bible. It would be a real stretch to assume "whole household" meant babies. Very dangerous to make such an unfounded assumption. Also, there are other records of men and women being baptized such as Acts 8:12.

Both faith and repentance are required. I'm not following your point.

Who governs the church? The local congregations are autonomous and are governed by the elders of the congregation. Read Titus and 1 Tim for insight into church structure. Basically, it's elders who lead and govern the congregation (bishops as they are also called, the overseers), deacons, and, ministers/preachers.

The word baptism is transliterated, not translated from the Greek word 'baptizo' and its definition is to plunge, dip, immerse, so the word itself defines it.

The Baptism of John was the precursor to the baptism cited in Acts 2:38. It's identical in nature except that it wasn't a baptism into Christ since he wasn't dead as yet. Those baptised unto John's baptism had to be re-baptized into Christ such as were the Ephesians as recorded in Acts 19. Read verses 1-6.

You're misunderstanding acts 2:38-9. It's the promise of the receipt of the Holy Ghost meaning it was not only for them in the near term, but their children too as well as to "all that are afar off", meaning others that believe and are baptized into Christ, including us.

Lydia and her whole household in Acts 16 were baptized. No, it doesn't exclude nor definitively include infants, but as stated before, infants can't believe, confess, repent, not have they committed sin. There are no records of children or infants being baptized in the bible. It would be a real stretch to assume "whole household" meant babies. Very dangerous to make such an unfounded assumption. Also, there are other records of men and women being baptized such as Acts 8:12.

Both faith and repentance are required. I'm not following your point.

Who governs the church? The local congregations are autonomous and are governed by the elders of the congregation. Read Titus and 1 Tim for insight into church structure. Basically, it's elders who lead and govern the congregation (bishops as they are also called, the overseers), deacons, and, ministers/preachers.
Where does it say: “it must be in scripture”?

No elder means bishop consecrated by the apostles!

Like the martyr Antipas rev 2:13 who ordained a priest and consecrated bishop by the Apostle John

The people must be in submission to the local bishop must be in submission to Peter who is subject unto Christ!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Bishops acts 1:20

Father Isa 22:21-22

Fathers 1 cor 4:15

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the fundamentalists!

Scripture alone ain’t biblical!

“Scripture is the only authority”!

The apostles who wrote were and authority or it would not be scripture?

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 6:33
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Where does it say: “it must be in scripture”?
I'm not following you. Are you suggesting you're going to look at scripture to say "it must be in scripture"? That makes no sense. Scripture is our only guide. If you're not going to follow it solely, why follow it at all if you're simply going to believe what you like and reject what you don't, and turn to something else that suits you better. There are sufficient warnings within the word of God to not add to or take away from it
If you follow other documents over and above the bible, you are adding to, thus in violation of God's warning not to:
Deuteronemy 4:2, 12:32, Revelation 22:19, Galatians 1:6-9, Proverbs 30:5-6

I'm not following you. Are you suggesting you're going to look at scripture to say "it must be in scripture"? That makes no sense. Scripture is our only guide. If you're not going to follow it solely, why follow it at all if you're simply going to believe what you like and reject what you don't, and turn to something else that suits you better. There are sufficient warnings within the word of God to not add to or take away from it
If you follow other documents over and above the bible, you are adding to, thus in violation of God's warning not to:
Deuteronemy 4:2, 12:32, Revelation 22:19, Galatians 1:6-9, Proverbs 30:5-6
Scripture yes!
Scripture alone no!

Where does scripture say: “scripture is our only guide”?

Christ established the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 16:18-19 & 28:19

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

I use scripture alone for your sake, as a charity

2 thes 2:2

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Nobody believed the solas until 1500 yrs after Christ founded the holy apostolic church!

Scripture yes!
Scripture alone no!

Christ established the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 16:18-19 & 28:19

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Nobody believed the solas until 1500 yrs after Christ founded the holy apostolic church!
Believe what you like to your own peril, but I'll stick with scripture and only scripture. Goodbye

Scripture yes!
Scripture alone no!

How long has marriage been done away with by the papacy and clergy required to be celibate? If Peter was the first pope, it’s very strange that although he was married, marriage should be forbidden at some point after him. It seems to me that the papacy thinks it’s above the Bible, hence the need to get rid of the idea of sola scriptura. Do you agree?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back