Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Poll: Respecting her tattoo wish

Should Christians respect a woman's wish for a tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Farouk,

I have a question for you. You seem to be fascinated by Tattoo's. Why is that? :)

(It's not a bad thing- I'm just curious!)

Angel:

Quite simply, I think we both like them, don't we? It's not for everyone, but when Christians use this means to communicate faith, it has a huge potential I think, and they are a proven conversation-starter. I think this is undeniable. So I guess I'm coming at it as a pragmatist, really.

(If this makes sense?)

Nice that your mom is okay with them now.

Blessings.

I looked up pragmatist in the dictionary and I still don't get what it means in the context you used it in. Could you explain?

Yes, I enjoy tattoo's. I feel that they are beautiful, and an expression of who you are, just as a painter or musician. :)

I looked up pragmatist in the dictionary and I still don't get what it means in the context you used it in. Could you explain?

Yes, I enjoy tattoo's. I feel that they are beautiful, and an expression of who you are, just as a painter or musician. :)

Angel: What I mean is that I'm not a purist enough to think that a faith related tattoo will supposedly make a person a better Christian.

But from a practical point of view they are effective in communicating faith to people who might not otherwise be open to the message; in short, if they work, use them! :)

Yes, Angel, and I guess as you designed and planned your tattoo(s) and when you felt the needle injecting, the whole experience helped you discover yourself personality-wise a bit more, maybe. (Although perhaps your mom didn't quite understand at first what was happening.)

Blessings.

Ah.. I see now.

I agree, tattoo's wont make someone a better christian, though they are a good personal reminder of how we ought to act in the world and what we represent. We're all different working out our own salvation, and each have our own convictions... what helps some may not help others. I think that God designed us to reach out to "like" persons. Such as, an athlete reaching other athletes, a chef reaching other chefs they cook with, etc.

Ah.. I see now.

I agree, tattoo's wont make someone a better christian, though they are a good personal reminder of how we ought to act in the world and what we represent. We're all different working out our own salvation, and each have our own convictions... what helps some may not help others. I think that God designed us to reach out to "like" persons. Such as, an athlete reaching other athletes, a chef reaching other chefs they cook with, etc.

Angel:

...and your mom maybe reached out to her generation in their generation's way, while you have discovered this as a rather joyful and exciting way to reach out to yours, a generation for which the parlor visit is a rather normal activity...and in the process it seems like you've also discovered yourself a little bit, too, right?

Blessings.

No. I never heard of DrNumb either.

Angel:

It has only come on the market in recent years (and might not have been in existence when you became a tattooed woman for the first time). Basically it helps people who, unlike you, have a low pain tolerance.

Blessings.

Hey Farouk- I honestly now don't care for skull tattoo's. I had one for a couple years....

PS: Angel: If you don't now like it, fine. I did see an article on buzzle dot com about skull tattoos for women which said that the motif can actually signify for some wearers that they are not afraid of death (for the Christian this can preach well, I guess). But everyone has a personalized view of what their tattoos signify to them.

Blessings.

...I would never go for it ! The idea of having something painfully embedded on flesh for ever till I die scares me :) !!

Hi Ms Reena:

Well, you must know, of course. I wondered, is it the pain, or the permanence of it that seems to repel you? (I guess this only underlines the fact that faith based tattoo designs, for example, need to be chosen with particular care.)

Blessings.

PS: Angel: On the other thread we were talking about smiles, and how they can be spontaneous and caring; while some people's smiles can be a bit more calculated. I guess a tattoo is also a strong expression of how the wearer feels, especially when it's faith related, I suppose.

Do you think that when you plan your tattoos you are trying to let your heart shine forth, so to speak? I guess with all the planning involved it's not completely spontaneous, but I think you know what I mean. Blessings.

Hey Farouk! Afternoon!

I don't always plan my tattoo's for spiritual reasons. I have some for that, and some for just my enjoyment.

Hey Farouk! Afternoon!

I don't always plan my tattoo's for spiritual reasons. I have some for that, and some for just my enjoyment.

Angel: Well, I see. Like, I'm sure now with your different accumulated design stories for varying reasons as an increasingly well experienced tattooed lady you have gotten a strong sense of what is clearly communicated divine love and truth as well as what is inked beauty that brings enjoyment to you also. To some extent there must be an overlap, as well, I guess, between the two. Blessings.

PS:

I agree, tattoo's wont make someone a better christian, though they are a good personal reminder of how we ought to act in the world and what we represent. ..

Angel:

Oh yes! the wonderful thing about tattoos is that they are always there! :) right?

Blessings.

Well.. as long as I am alive in this body! But no matter what state of being I am, Jesus will always be there!

Angel:

Yes, the Lord Jesus said to His followers in Matthew 28.20: 'I am with you always'. At His ascension, after rising from the dead He promised His followers His abiding presence.

While in this skin, it can be nice to get it injected from time to time with specially chosen ink.

Blessings.

Well.. as long as I am alive in this body! ...

PS:

Angel: People sometimes forget, don't they? that a tattooed person can/should go back to the parlor a few years later for a bit of color to be added, if necessary.

Blessings.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back