Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Bride of Christ a virtuous woman

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I doubt that Pr.31 was meant much more than to show the kind of wife that wise men should seek. To say, Ah, the Bride of Christ, raises questions such as, Who were the fellow elders alongside her husband, and who are her children (if not in the church, part of the bride)? Verse 30 is, incidentally, about Yahweh, not simply some lord: “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman who fears Yahweh, she shall be praised” (WEB). The KJV has [the LORD], meaning God’s name, not his lordship.

That the idealism of Pr.31 overlaps with what the Bride of Christ should be, I take as a given. That the Bride of Christ is not as she should be—until the lord returns—I take as a given.
No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
John 1:18 (NKJV)
Picture A is just a reference, no one knows

having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:4 (NKJV)
better than the Angels, a new creation 2 Corinthians 5: 16-17.
those who are chosen Matthew 22:14.

this is my point
As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
Romans 3:10-11 (NKJV)
The words Paul quoted were from the OT, wherein they were true.
But Jesus broke that mold, so it is no longer true.
He is our example, and we are to walk as He walked.
1 John 2:6..."He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
Col 2:6..."As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:"

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
John 1:18 (NKJV)
Picture A is just a reference, no one knows

having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:4 (NKJV)
better than the Angels, a new creation 2 Corinthians 5: 16-17.
those who are chosen Matthew 22:14.

At a guess, by picture A you mean that headed [The Lord's bride is picked by the Lord Himself]. I don’t think that I would disagree with that header, and there is much that could be fruitfully unpacked from that, eg Mt.22:14 which you mentioned.

That said, I don’t quite see why you cited Jhn.1:18, unless merely ex post facto to note that on the deity side the picture does not show God the father, simply God the son as a human being.

On Jhn.1:18, BTW, although I have much time for the NKJV, on this I think it behaved badly, not least in its footnote which perversely misrepresents the alternative NU reading.

The Greek manuscripts say either, A# “one-of-a-kind, God” (μονογονης θεος), B# “one-of-a-kind son” (μονογονης ὑιος), or C# “one-of-a-kind” (μονογονης). A# is probably authentic, accidentally softened to either B# or C#. B# would have been a familiar expression as found elsewhere in John, so easily slipped into Jhn.1:18 by a busy scribe, and C# is a minor variation. A# aligns with Jhn.1:1, and is most likely to have been what John wrote.

Where the original creeds were in Greek, the term monogenēs should have meant “one-of-a-kind”, a unique genus, NOT “begotten“. Begotten came from a translation preference by the Roman Catholic C4 Latinist, St. Jerome: he used unigenitus, instead of the Old Latin translations of unicus. Unigenitus well supported a doctrinal argument against the Arian claim that God’s son was created. Where creeds in English say ‘begotten’, they reflect Jerome rather than John. Isaac was Abraham’s one-of-a-kind son, not his only son (Heb.11:17)!

“No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known” (NRSV: Jhn.1:18).

I doubt that Pr.31 was meant much more than to show the kind of wife that wise men should seek. To say, Ah, the Bride of Christ, raises questions such as, Who were the fellow elders alongside her husband, and who are her children (if not in the church, part of the bride)? Verse 30 is, incidentally, about Yahweh, not simply some lord: “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman who fears Yahweh, she shall be praised” (WEB). The KJV has [the LORD], meaning God’s name, not his lordship.

That the idealism of Pr.31 overlaps with what the Bride of Christ should be, I take as a given. That the Bride of Christ is not as she should be—until the lord returns—I take as a given.
unfortunately, unbelief is contagious

The one verse I had to ask God a few times what it meant:

Proverbs 31:21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

His answer... Any natural disaster or anything that could go badly, my household has been covered in the 🩸of Jesus. We are ready to meet our maker.

The one verse I had to ask God a few times what it meant:

Proverbs 31:21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

His answer... Any natural disaster or anything that could go badly, my household has been covered in the 🩸of Jesus. We are ready to meet our maker.
Amen I love this. 🙏 I hope I have prepared my kids enough in this day and age. I hope I’m enough of a Proverbs 31 woman for my husband. I don’t always feel like it.

Proverbs 31:27: She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

we better put on our armor and get a cup of coffee ladies. Lol 😂

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back