Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The science behind Superman's abilities.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

One of my little nephew's stated something amazing, about Superman, which (analytically) I thought about & (logically) had to agree with 100%.

He stated that, the reason(s) for Superman's super-human-abilities was due to the 2 factors below:

1. The element(s) that his body was composed of &.

2. Hydrogen.

supermanov9.jpg

Now a large majority of us have seen the movie(s) & know the story, "the people living within the galaxy & solar system, that contained the planet Krypton, its sun was dying (or used-up all of its Hydrogen (atoms) reserves & was going through its red giant phase producing only Helium (just like out yellow dwarf sun, or star will also be turning red also & will be expanding in about 5 billion years from now) & Superman's father (Jor-L) & all of the people living on the planet Krypton (for whatever reason(s), was not technologically advanced enough to have spaceships for all to escape to other solar systems, or galaxies &) didn't have super-human-abilities & was powerless to prevent their own destruction(s), so Superman's father (Jor-L) put his infant son (named Kal-El at birth on Krypton) into one spaceship & sent him to our galaxy, where he even as an infant immediately started exhibiting super-human-abilities, because of our yellow dwarf sun (or, star) which is (currently) is still fusing Hydrogen (atoms) to produce Helium (atoms), which my nephew said that, the above two (2) factors gave Superman his super-human-abilities & he also stated that, the Kryptonite chemical element must (also) contain (to some degree, or percentage) Helium (element atoms), which (naturally) was the only substance that prevented, or rendered all of the people on planet Krypton & Superman himself helpless (as an infant & a grown man) from exhibiting any super-human-abilities."

He also stated that, billions of years ago when planet Krypton's sun (or, star) was still yellow & fully of Hydrogen (atoms) all of the people in that particular solar system & planet would have (logically) been exhibiting super-human-abilities just like Superman & as a result "Superman" would no longer be super, but would immediately become "ordinary man".

EXAMPLE: Light is separated into its individual constituent colors (&, or elements) by it passing through a prism (view images below).

prismkk7.gif
prismkr9.gif

Jayls5 said:
jwu said:
Huh? I'm missing the science in this.

I don't know, I'm starting to think this guy's just joking around.

Jayls5, logically & analytically I am assuming that you know (intellectually, it's a common consensus) that there is more than one (dictionary) definition for the word, or term science:

• The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation & theoretical explanation of phenomena.

[/*:m:3aca4]
  • Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena.

• Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study.

• Methodological activity, discipline, or study.

• An activity that appears to require study & method.

• Knowledge, especially that gained through experience.

• Science Christian Science[/*:m:3aca4]
Also that in reality there is (actually) an element called Krypton, but if you're (currently) not aware of these facts (& desire to acquisition an adeptly cognizant knowledge in the subject(s) I also implore you to thoroughly study the Periodic Table, Biology & Entopy too.

C4C, interesting post. Children often do think out of the box, eh? I like the prism graphics... brought me back to my "Dark Side of the Moon" days. ;-)

C 4 C said:
Also that in reality there is (actually) an element called Krypton, but if you're (currently) not aware of these facts (& desire to acquisition an adeptly cognizant knowledge in the subject(s) I also implore you to thoroughly study the Periodic Table, Biology & Entopy too.
Krypton however is a gas, not a green glowing crystal with special properties.
Perhaps the inventor of superman took the name as his inspiration, but this has nothing whatsoever to do with actual science.

vic C. said:
C4C, interesting post. Children often do think out of the box, eh? I like the prism graphics... brought me back to my "Dark Side of the Moon" days. ;-)
Thank you Vic C, I (just like many others) have seen the first, second, third, etc... Superman movie(s), but I always remember myself simply enjoying the movie(s) & never really contemplating where, or how, etc Superman even acquired his amazing abilities, which is primarily reason(s) why the movie(s) were even interesting, that is until my little nephew stated what he said.

NOTE: Just only one of Superman's amazing abilities is that, he can fly as fast as (E = mc^2) the speed of light (in a vacuum = 186,282.397 miles per second), therefore (186,282.397 + 25,000 = 7.45129588) Superman can circle the Earth (7) seven times in one second with simplicity.

C 4 C said:
NOTE: Just only one of Superman's amazing abilities is that, he can fly as fast as (E = mc^2) the speed of light (in a vacuum = 186,282.397 miles per second), therefore (186,282.397 + 25,000 = 7.45129588) Superman can circle the Earth (7) seven times in one second with simplicity.
What has E=MC² to do with this?

jwu said:
C 4 C said:
Krypton however is a gas, not a green glowing crystal with special properties.
Perhaps the inventor of superman took the name as his inspiration, but this has nothing whatsoever to do with actual science.
Of-course Jwu, that's all relative to your understanding of the above link(s), the below dictionary definition(s), etc.

The dictionary definition(s) for the word, or term science:

• The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation & theoretical explanation of phenomena.

[/*:m:f2f94]
  • Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena.

• Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study.

• Methodological activity, discipline, or study.

• An activity that appears to require study & method.

• Knowledge, especially that gained through experience.

• Science Christian Science[/*:m:f2f94]

jwu said:
C 4 C said:
:o Take no offence, but the fact that you even need to ask that question only substantiates your ineptness.

C 4 C said:
:o Take no offence, but the fact that you even need to ask that question only substantiates your ineptness.
Then please enlighten me. My guess is that you can't, because you have no idea yourself why you put it there - other than show value for those who don't look through your smoke screen of big and scientific sounding words and phrases.

Your evasion about the krypton issue is noted.

C 4 C said:
jwu said:
[quote="C 4 C":02e36]
:o Take no offence, but the fact that you even need to ask that question only substantiates your ineptness.[/quote:02e36]
Why don't you tell us? What is E=MC² and under what conditions or concerning what events does it apply and what does it mean?

jwu said:
C 4 C said:
Then please enlighten me. My guess is that you can't, because you have no idea yourself why you put it there - other than show value for those who don't look through your smoke screen of big and scientific sounding words and phrases.

Your evasion about the krypton issue is noted.
Your guesses (to me) are irrelevant, I evaded nothing & also study relativity.

Then prove that you do have a clue about it by explaining what relevance the statement of E=MC² has in the given context.

jwu said:
Then prove that you do have a clue about it by explaining what relevance the statement of E=MC² has in the given context.
The speed of light (in a vacuum) is 186,282.397 miles per second, therefore (186,282.397 + 25,000 = 7.45129588) anyone, or anything traveling at the (E = mc^2) speed of light would be able to circle the Earth (7) seven times in one second.

So you apparently can repeat the same stuff that you posted before, but you still haven't explained what relevance E=MC² has in this context.

It has nothing to do with the number of times that an object at the speed of light can fly around the earth, nor does it define the speed of light. So what the heck is it doing in this statement? It's utterly off-topic.

Well I'm assuming that since we now know how fast he flies, if we can determine his mass, we can calculate the energy he would exert if he were to fly into the moon. 8-)

C 4 C said:
jwu said:
The speed of light (in a vacuum) is 186,282.397 miles per second, therefore (186,282.397 + 25,000 = 7.45129588) anyone, or anything traveling at the (E = mc^2) speed of light would be able to circle the Earth (7) seven times in one second.

This guy is clearly baiting.

He is discussing an object of mass traveling at the speed of light, and how fast it could orbit the earth (an obvious classical physics math problem). Within that he randomly throws in relativity. Anyone with a highschool, if not middle school, education level knows that, according to relativity, objects of mass cannot reach C, but can only approach it.

This guy is a hoax, and should question why he actually finds this amusing.

From his post I can see that he is cutting and pasting for jollies, and his actual knowledge of physics is average. Not that mine is much better. I took algebra physics in college :)

jwu said:
So you apparently can repeat the same stuff that you posted before, but you still haven't explained what relevance E=MC² has in this context.

It has nothing to do with the number of times that an object at the speed of light can fly around the earth, nor does it define the speed of light. So what the heck is it doing in this statement? It's utterly off-topic.

I picked up on his excessive science jargon early on, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt to be nice.

Either he's trying to be an intellectual and failing, or he's someone messing around.

VaultZero4Me said:
C 4 C said:
jwu said:

This guy is clearly baiting.

He is discussing an object of mass traveling at the speed of light, and how fast it could orbit the earth (an obvious classical physics math problem). Within that he randomly throws in relativity. Anyone with a highschool, if not middle school, education level knows that, according to relativity, objects of mass cannot reach C, but can only approach it.

This guy is a hoax, and should question why he actually finds this amusing.

From his post I can see that he is cutting and pasting for jollies, and his actual knowledge of physics is average. Not that mine is much better. I took algebra physics in college :)

VaultZero4Me, the only hoax, etc is the obvious fact that you're not an adeptly cognizant individual, because if you were you would've already known, 1. Superman is (not real, or) an animated character therefore any & everything pertaining to him must & will always remain out of reality & in the categorical area(s) of "theoretical physics", 2. there is more than one "theoretical physicists" & 3. there is more than one "mainstream theories", but what I view as amusing is if you did not dropout of college you would have been present on the day that the other imperative section(s) of physics was being taught called "theoretical physics"

••••••••••"Theoretical Physicists"••••••••••

• Albert Einstein

[/*:m:0b1bb]
  • Abdus Salam

• Christiaan Huyghens

• Chen Ning Yang

• Erwin Schrödinger

• Eugene Wigner

• Enrico Fermi

• Edward Witten

• Freeman Dyson

• Gerardus 't Hooft

• George Sudarshan

• Hideki Yukawa

• Hendrik A. Lorentz

• Isaac Newton

• J. Willard Gibbs

• James Clerk Maxwell

• Joseph Fourier

• Joseph Louis Lagrange

• Julian Schwinger

• Jacob Bekenstein

• Juan Ignacio Cirac Sasturain

• Leonhard Euler

• Louis de Broglie

• Lev Landau

• Max Planck

• Max Born

• Murray Gell-Mann

• Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot

• Nikola Tesla

• Niels Bohr

• Pierre-Simon Laplace

• Paul Dirac

• Rudolf Clausius

• Robert Oppenheimer

• Richard Feynman

• Satyendra Nath Bose

• Sin-Itiro Tomonaga

• Steven Weinberg

• Stephen Hawking

• Sheldon Glashow

• William Rowan Hamilton

• Werner Heisenberg

• Wolfgang Pauli[/*:m:0b1bb]

NOTE: Mainstream Theories (sometimes referred to as central theories) are the body of knowledge of both factual and scientific views and possess a usual scientific quality of the tests of repeatability, consistency with existing well-established science and experimentation.

There do exist mainstream theories that are generally accepted theories based solely upon their effects explaining a wide variety of data, although the detection, explanation & possible composition are subjects of debate:

••••••••••"Mainstream Theories"••••••••••

• Black hole thermodynamics

• Classical mechanics

• Condensed matter physics

• Dynamics

• Dark matter

• Electromagnetism

• Field theory

• Fluid dynamics

• General relativity

• Molecular modeling

• Particle physics

• Physical cosmology

• Quantum mechanics

• Quantum field theory

• Quantum information theory

• Quantum electrodynamics

• Quantum electrochemistry

• Quantum chromodynamics

• Solid state physics or Condensed Matter Physics & the electronic structure of materials

• Special relativity

• Standard Model

• Statistical mechanics

• Conservation of energy

• Thermodynamics [/*:m:0b1bb]

Donations

Total amount