Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Turning the other cheek can be hard. But it is required.(only for believers)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

follower

"When Yeshua came along he affirmed the teachings of Moses on war. He said the way to live is through hard obedience. You must not retaliate. Only Yah is allowed to retaliate. You but turn the other cheek. You must bless those who attack you and do good to them that hate you. You must even love them. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, as Yeshua said the commandments of Yhwh are not burdensome, His Way is light.....

so too as our character is renewed into His , turning the other cheek doesn't even take a moments thought , it is simply natural and not even considered unusual or strange. No self-consciousness or self-preservation or self is involved --- we have been crucified with Christ, never-the-less we live, and our lives are hid with Christ in Yhwh. He is our all in all, our everything. His Decree. His Doing.

if physically attacked I fight back. dont forget Rom 12:18.
Not all men will allow you to be peaceful with them (think muslim )
I do not believe Jesus taught us to be pacifist.
pac·i·fist
noun
noun: pacifist; plural noun: pacifists
a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.
sometime it can be justified.

If you are a pacifist, you talk through your differences with others instead;
some do not wan to talk ( think Gaza)

there's been enough believers, particular see "Foxes Book of Martyrs" (i think that's it),
and
in agreement with Yhwh's Word "... they were killed, and didn't resist..." or "...did not resist, even unto death"
something like that.

Should pacificity include words?

Yeshua's example and teaching showed that sometimes it did, sometimes not. (doing the Father's will is the requirement/life/grace/nourishment in Yeshua).
or put another way> watch Yhwh , then do what He does. listen to Yhwh , then speak what He says to speak.
1 Peter 4:11 (CJB) | In Context | Whole Chapter
11 if someone speaks, let him speak God’s words; if someone serves, let him do so out of strength that God supplies; so that in everything God may be glorified through Yeshua the Messiah — to him be glory and power forever and ever. Amen.

If a person is true to their beliefs of pacificity they will not argue , state an opposing opinion , contradict etc ..... or do we justify our will to disagree?

there's been enough believers, particular see "Foxes Book of Martyrs" (i think that's it),
and
in agreement with Yhwh's Word "... they were killed, and didn't resist..." or "...did not resist, even unto death"
something like that.
an individual would not have much chance of saving his/her own life against the government that wants them killed.

If a person is true to their beliefs of pacificity they will not argue , state an opposing opinion , contradict etc ..... or do we justify our will to disagree?

none of the above.
instead of being a slave to sin,
the choice of a believer obedient to Yhwh is to simply obey Yhwh.

1 Peter 4:11 (CJB) | In Context | Whole Chapter

11 if someone speaks, let him speak God’s words; if someone serves, let him do so out of strength that God supplies; so that in everything God may be glorified through Yeshua the Messiah — to him be glory and power forever and ever. Amen.

Would say there's a difference between protecting yourself and your family from harm and needlessly retaliating. If someone's coming after me or people I love, and only way to stop him from immediately hurting them is to severely wound or kill him, I'll do it.
On the other hand, if he goes after me or people I love but gets caught by the police, and I end up killing him the next time I see him...that's retaliation and at that point I'm acting out of my bounds. It's the place of the law to bring him to justice, not mine.

Understand, I am all for treating enemies with kindness. I'm not saying that that doesn't apply to some random guy who tried to murder you in cold blood. Just saying, when a gun is being aimed at you or some instrument is about to end your life or the life of someone else, I believe it's justified to do anything to interfere with that.

In the case of the martyrs, their total lack of retaliation is a strong testimony to the anti-Christian government they were living under. Many Christians in countries today face the same thing. However, the actions of other believers does not have the same authority as scripture. I can see why they acted the way they did, and admire them for it. And as someone else pointed out, it's rather pointless to try to fight something as strong as the whole government coming after you...at that point, all you really can do is hope to turn some people to God by "killing them with kindness".

when muslims takeover this country I will not change from believing in Jesus so I may get the old head chopped off
but that is better than being tied to a stake and set afire like the book says happened in the past.

If one studies history, then one understands that those listed in Foxe's Book of Martyrs voiced their opposition to being arrested on charges of heresy. Those Protestants verbally refused to denounce their alleged heretical beliefs and return to the Roman church. Further, because of the nature of their individual arrests, physical resistance was typically impossible. It was virtually the same with those who were arrested, condemned and slain for charges of witchcraft.

Yeshua said :
Matthew 5:39-46 NIV - But I tell you, do not resist an evil ...
39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. .

James 5:6 (GW) 6 You have condemned and murdered people who have God’s approval, even though they didn’t resist you.

James 5:6 (AMP) 6 You have condemned and have murdered the righteous (innocent man), [while] he offers no resistance to you.

James 5:6 (KJ21) 6 Ye have condemned and killed the just, and he doth not resist you.

The verse before 39 says this: "“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’" The context here is retaliation and revenge, not self defense.

We are required as Christians to go the second mile. This also includes forgiving all people as commanded by our savior Lord Jesus Christ. Even though your flesh will rebel, say it anyway that you have forgiven them and then you have obeyed.

If this is not done you will not experience John 14:21 AMP - The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.] There is a difference from knowing God will never leave you nor forsake you vs. John 14:21 AMP. We should want to experience John 14:21 AMP also.

Say this prayer:
Father I am obeying your instructions and I choose by faith to forgive [say the person name(s)] the same way you forgave me. You do not hold anything against me and I do not hold anything against them. Thank you for your perfected work in me. In Jesus name Amen.

from his page
"Jesus said. If they will not believe Moses, they will not believe me. So if you do not believe Moses ,or Jesus, you will reject my writings too. However feel free to write. I answer all emails. "

Wasn't talking about war, was talking about self defense. That said, while war is ugly and undesirable, I do believe even that is justified sometimes. Hitler would have gained control over the world if not for the Allies in WII. We would live in a very different world.
And let us not forget that wars were fought against other nations by God's command in the Old Testament. Ones that are quite hard to defend against when questioned by nonbelievers, actually. Even children were killed in these wars by God's direct command. I believe that God had to have had justifiable reasons for this back then (and I've discussed some of these reasons several times in debates), but still.

Last edited:
"When Yeshua came along he affirmed the teachings of Moses on war. He said the way to live is through hard obedience. You must not retaliate. Only Yah is allowed to retaliate. You but turn the other cheek. You must bless those who attack you and do good to them that hate you. You must even love them. "
l

Ya, it's very hard...

I was in a discussion forum once when an atheist was being very insulting, not only to me, but toward the concept of God and His word...very hurtful. (go figure, right?) During the argument he told me to just make like a good little christian and turn the other cheek. I told him that the only cheek I'll be turning is my other butt cheek for him to kiss...

Now the scary thing is that this is as good as it gets. It's easy to just let an internet conversation go, but I didn't...how much harder in real life?

Luke 21
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

this is happening daily, since wwII or earlier until the present.
look up online corrie ten booms letter "the world is deathly ill. It is dying." to see a very small fraction of the atrocities going on already that she warned the churches in america about 3 or 4 decades ago or so.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back