Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Understanding the GodHead. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

Now I believe to what we find in Gods Word, that there is one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, omnipresent, and worthy of worship and praise by all of creation. So how can we understand the incomprehensible that is God, how can our minds grasp what is beyond human thinking. In our human existence, the concept that God is One God, yet exists as three distinct persons, is foreign to us. However, the doctrine of the Godhead is without questions laid out in God's word.

The biblical term "Godhead" is used three times in Scripture: Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:9.

Acts 17:29
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

The scripture gives us that the Godhead, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, consists of three distinct Persons, yet these three are One. There are many arguments put forward against the GodHead, but the first and foremost is how can God be One God and at the same time be three Persons?

But this question is based in ignorance and lack of understanding of what God has said about Himself. The Bible plainly lays out the plurality of God and that God is One God. We see the Father and Son at Creation:

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And the Spirit:
Genesis 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

We see from the words of Christ that He confirms the GodHead as He gave His disciples the Great Commission, stating that they were to teach and baptize in the names of the Godhead:

Matthew 28:19-20
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And we see from Colossians that in Christ is the fullness of the GodHead bodily:

Colossians 2:6-9
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

And the Holy Spirit is declare as part of the GodHead by scripture showing a clear understanding and by Christ Himself in :

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Matthew 3:16
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

So the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are clearly declared in scripture, the GodHead is taught throughout the Bible, it may not be fully comprehended but it cannot be denied.

We also see the scripture clearly shows us the Father and Christ Himself declares Him:

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 6:1
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 6:9
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Matthew 7:11
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

And many more verses in which Christ declares the Father....

Notice Christ is on earth at this time and Christ states the Father is in heaven, distinct and separate and yet:

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

And I came across a great presentation on this..

Matthew 12:31-32
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

All manner of blasphemy is forgiven if against Jesus, but not the Holy Spirit. You can chose not to believe in Christ but you will have a problem if you do it against the Holy Ghost. Two beings.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me and He has anointed Me... Jesus could not anoint Himself, a priest could not anoint himself. Moses used oil which represents the Holy Spirit to anoint Aaron, here the Spirit anoints Christ. Two beings.

Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Here is says God anointed Jesus with the Holy Ghost. So we have God the Father and is says anointed Jesus by the Holy Ghost.

Hebrews 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

Every High Priest taken from a man is ordained for man, not by himself. No man taketh this manner of himself
but he that is chosen by God, Christ (who came as fully man/fully God) did not make Himself High Priest ordained for men, the Holy Spirit is the anointing power .

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Here we see and declaration where Christ says a servant is not greater(authority) than the master (lord), but then says neither He that is sent(clearly a reference to Himself) greater (authority) than He(God the Father) that sent Him.

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And this is life eternal, to know the only true God(Father) and Jesus Christ(Son) who thou(Father) has sent. Life eternal is knowing God and Jesus Christ, they are equated in what can only be the same standing.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Comforter(Holy Ghost), who the Father(God) will send in My(Jesus) name, it is representing Christ sent by the Father. Now we begin to understand what Christ was saying when He declares one is not greater than the one who sent him.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

But the Spirit of Truth which Jesus sends (He is God)..

1 Corinthians 2:9
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Eye has not seen or ear heard as God has revealed through the Spirit which searches all the deep things of God, (which we see was sent by God), and knows all the deep things of God has to be at the same level. (He who can only search and/or know the deep things of God, is only God)

Matthew 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

All things have been delivered to Jesus (He is saying I know the Father and the Father knows me, so He knows everything.) They have different responsibility in the GodHead. The Holy Ghost does not have the same responsibility as the God the Father or the Son.

Luke 3:22
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Jesus is coming out of being baptized by john in the water, and we see the Holy Ghost as a dove and a voice from heaven, (God the Father) claims Him as 'beloved Son'. Three separate personalities but One substance.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

I (Jesus) will pray to the Father and He will send another Comforter (The Holy Ghost). Three separate personalities and different responsibilities in the GodHead, but yet one.

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepards as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

And I came across a great presentation on this..

Matthew 12:31-32
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

All manner of blasphemy is forgiven if against Jesus, but not the Holy Spirit. You can chose not to believe in Christ but you will have a problem if you do it against the Holy Ghost. Two beings.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me and He has anointed Me... Jesus could not anoint Himself, a priest could not anoint himself. Moses used oil which represents the Holy Spirit to anoint Aaron, here the Spirit anoints Christ. Two beings.

Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Here is says God anointed Jesus with the Holy Ghost. So we have God the Father and is says anointed Jesus by the Holy Ghost.

Hebrews 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

Every High Priest taken from a man is ordained for man, not by himself. No man taketh this manner of himself
but he that is chosen by God, Christ (who came as fully man/fully God) did not make Himself High Priest ordained for men, the Holy Spirit is the anointing power .

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Here we see and declaration where Christ says a servant is not greater(authority) than the master (lord), but then says neither He that is sent(clearly a reference to Himself) greater (authority) than He(God the Father) that sent Him.

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And this is life eternal, to know the only true God(Father) and Jesus Christ(Son) who thou(Father) has sent. Life eternal is knowing God and Jesus Christ, they are equated in what can only be the same standing.

John 14:26

The Comforter(Holy Ghost), who the Father(God) will send in My(Jesus) name, it is representing Christ sent by the Father. Now we begin to understand what Christ was saying when He declares one is not greater than the one who sent him.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

But the Spirit of Truth which Jesus sends (He is God)..

1 Corinthians 2:9
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Eye has not seen or ear heard as God has revealed through the Spirit which searches all the deep things of God, (which we see was sent by God), and knows all the deep things of God has to be at the same level. (He who can only search and/or know the deep things of God, is only God)

Matthew 11:27
All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

All things have been delivered to Jesus (He is saying I know the Father and the Father knows me, so He knows everything.) They have different responsibility in the GodHead. The Holy Ghost does not have the same responsibility as the God the Father or the Son.

Luke 3:22
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Jesus is coming out of being baptized by john in the water, and we see the Holy Ghost as a dove and a voice from heaven, (God the Father) claims Him as 'beloved Son'. Three separate personalities but One substance.

I (Jesus) will pray to the Father and He will send another Comforter (The Holy Ghost). Three separate personalities and different responsibilities in the GodHead, but yet one.
Godhead is simply an old English word that means Godhood.

Greetings reddogs,
So the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are clearly declared in scripture, the GodHead is taught throughout the Bible, it may not be fully comprehended but it cannot be denied.
Many early SDAs did not accept the Trinity, but believed that there is One God, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. There is controversy of whether or not EG White accepted the Trinity. One of my mates who was living in the Cooranbong area, N.S.W., Australia, where E.G. White's cottage is still preserved, claimed that many of the older generation SDAs that he encountered did not accept the Trinity.
The scripture gives us that the Godhead, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, consists of three distinct Persons, yet these three are One. There are many arguments put forward against the GodHead, but the first and foremost is how can God be One God and at the same time be three Persons?
God, the Father and Jesus Christ the Son of God are two distinct Beings.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
The One God, Yahweh, God the Father is addressing the Angels Psalm 8:5-6.
And the Spirit:
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The Spirit is God the Father's power.
We see from the words of Christ that He confirms the GodHead as He gave His disciples the Great Commission, stating that they were to teach and baptize in the names of the Godhead:
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
No it says "Name" and that Name is Yahweh, and is revealed in and through Jesus who is the focal point and recipient of the One Name, God's Name "Hallowed be Thy Name".
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Yes, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father anointed His Beloved Son with the Holy Spirit. Nothing to do with the Trinity.
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
Please refer to all of John 10:30-36 where Jesus answers their false accusation. Many years ago now I was attending a Daniel series at the local SDA Church on Friday nights. After going through the early chapters, the next night when quite a few were away on holidays or some other gathering, the supervisor handed out a Trinity leaflet in the same format as the Daniel series. The prominent verse was John 10:30 and when this was mentioned a murmur of consent was heard. I stated that I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but at that time I did not understand John 10:30-36. That was the last time that I attended the SDA Church, partly because of a physical violent threat after the class by one of the attendees who spent most of his time trying to advocate joining the local Pentecostals and their Holy Spirit phenomena, while I stated that, that would not be a good idea. It took quite a few years for me to understand John 10:30-36, especially concerning how and why the Judges in Israel were called "Elohim" and I consider this is the key to unlock much of the O.T. and N.T. language and ideas. If you would like to discuss Psalm 82:6 I would be willing to share my conclusions on this.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings reddogs,

Many early SDAs did not accept the Trinity, but believed that there is One God, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. There is controversy of whether or not EG White accepted the Trinity. One of my mates who was living in the Cooranbong area, N.S.W., Australia, where E.G. White's cottage is still preserved, claimed that many of the older generation SDAs that he encountered did not accept the Trinity.

No it says "Name" and that Name is Yahweh, and is revealed in and through Jesus who is the focal point and recipient of the One Name, God's Name "Hallowed be Thy Name".

Yes, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father anointed His Beloved Son with the Holy Spirit. Nothing to do with the Trinity.

Please refer to all of John 10:30-36 where Jesus answers their false accusation. Many years ago now I was attending a Daniel series at the local SDA Church on Friday nights. After going through the early chapters, the next night when quite a few were away on holidays or some other gathering, the supervisor handed out a Trinity leaflet in the same format as the Daniel series. The prominent verse was John 10:30 and when this was mentioned a murmur of consent was heard. I stated that I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but at that time I did not understand John 10:30-36. That was the last time that I attended the SDA Church, partly because of a physical violent threat after the class by one of the attendees who spent most of his time trying to advocate joining the local Pentecostals and their Holy Spirit phenomena, while I stated that, that would not be a good idea. It took quite a few years for me to understand John 10:30-36, especially concerning how and why the Judges in Israel were called "Elohim" and I consider this is the key to unlock much of the O.T. and N.T. language and ideas. If you would like to discuss Psalm 82:6 I would be willing to share my conclusions on this.

Kind regards
Trevor
Why just one verse and not the whole of Gods Word..

I believe in a triune God, but I have a friend who doesn't. He is a Christian but he believes that its God the father who died on the cross... and no matter how I show him bible verses that supports the trinity, he doesn't believe... we argue a lot regarding this... please help me to explain it to him... what to do? Please pray for me for wisdom

Rose

I believe in a triune God, but I have a friend who doesn't. He is a Christian but he believes that its God the father who died on the cross... and no matter how I show him bible verses that supports the trinity, he doesn't believe... we argue a lot regarding this... please help me to explain it to him... what to do? Please pray for me for wisdom

Rose
I don’t think people like that will see without much prayer. God has to change their heart and mind. That it was not the Father who died on the cross is without question, for several reasons:

1. Not once in the entire NT is the Father ever said to have died on the cross.
2. Throughout the NT it is clearly stated that the Son died on the cross.
3. Jesus makes it abundantly clear that he is not the Father, but was sent by the Father and was going to return to him.
4. Not once in the entire NT is the Father said to be the Son. Indeed, to say they are one and the same is to make useless the continual distinction of the Father and the Son. Additionally, the human father and son relationship is the analogue to the Father and the Son relationship, at least in some ways. This means that relationship communicates something to us about God and we can understand things about the Father and the Son. If the Father is his own Son, then that makes God unknowable, since in our experience a father is never his son nor is a son his own father. That is to speak nonsense, of us and God.

It is to ignore all rules of language and grammar, to ignore all reason, to say that the Father died on the cross.

Now I believe to what we find in Gods Word, that there is one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, omnipresent, and worthy of worship and praise by all of creation. So how can we understand the incomprehensible that is God, how can our minds grasp what is beyond human thinking. In our human existence, the concept that God is One God, yet exists as three distinct persons, is foreign to us. However, the doctrine of the Godhead is without questions laid out in God's word.

The biblical term "Godhead" is used three times in Scripture: Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:9.

Acts 17:29
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9

But this question is based in ignorance and lack of understanding of what God has said about Himself. The Bible plainly lays out the plurality of God and that God is One God. We see the Father and Son at Creation:

And the Spirit:

And we see from Colossians that in Christ is the fullness of the GodHead bodily:

Colossians 2:6-9
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

And the Holy Spirit is declare as part of the GodHead by scripture showing a clear understanding and by Christ Himself in :

Thank you for staying biblical in your presentation of this subject.

:salute

Greetings reddogs,

Kind regards
Trevor
No one seems to want to face what scripture says.. Unto us a child is born, who, none other than the Messiah, Christ who is the Prince of Peace.. But also Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father...He is Jehovah, the great I AM, the Alpha and Omega....its all there.

There is controversy of whether or not EG White accepted the Trinity.
Some of the people in her church apparently did not like when she exposed the false gospel or the apostasy that was yet to occur and/or did occur around 1904-1905.
It is rare to find anyone who knows about this and even more rare to find anyplace online or in a brick and mortar structure who allows the truth about this. (sometimes other things besides this as well).

Rose
You have to pray that the Holy Spirit opens his eyes to see the truth..

You have to pray that the Holy Spirit opens his eyes to see the truth..
It is okay if Jesus opens his eyes to see,
it is okay if Abba opens his mind to understand also,
both Jesus and Abba Yahweh are set apart (holy), Perfect, Uncreated, Pneuma, Eternal, Healing, Judging

Many early SDAs did not accept the Trinity, but believed that there is One God, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. There is controversy of whether or not EG White accepted the Trinity.
Somewhere online in the last year I saw one of her letters/prophecies. She realized and spoke that the sda group was going to publicly as a group go /be/ apostate around 1904-1905. Not all individuals necessarily, but as a group that's what happened.

In short…False beliefs are like a virus that can corrupt many things. In Christianity they skew understanding and cause otherwise good people to commit sins that could send them to Hell.

The history of the doctrine of the Trinity started with a deception by the ecumenical councils …..Catholic Church to settle arguments about the character of Yahweh and Yeshua being different. So they said they are one and as one cannot be different….enforced under penalty of excommunication or death.

It was a lie to begin with and it still is. I have over a hundred biblical examples of why it is a lie.
One of the reasons that this false belief has staying power is that they depersonalized Yahweh in the Old Testament by erasing His name. At one time His name was in the OT 6,500 times and they took them all out. Replaced with Lord or God or both.

Now the word God function as a name not a Devine position….and some off the wall concept that three are one. Christ explained the one concept but no body believes that.

Do we know understand their connection or their unity?….Probably not.
Could we comprehend it? Probably not.
Great minds think alike….But great minds do not always know the same thing….Like Christ did not know when the end of the world would occur but He said the Father did.

Three Thrones and the Son sits on the right hand of the Father.

A Godhead made up of the God Yahweh and the God Yeshua and the God Holy Spirit. Where one refers to the other as Father and one refers to the other as Son.

God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son

Gave…..begotten…..Son

“This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”

Polytheism (tri-theism) is heresy. The Bible is unequivocal in its revelation that there was, is, and ever will be only one being that is truly God. Yet, it is also clear that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each have the attributes and nature that belong to God. Hence, the triune, tri-personal nature of the one God is the doctrine that best takes into account all that God reveals of himself in the Bible.

Back