Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Idk what Jesus says

If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life
So I guess He stated this as well about those same people.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
This is eternal life

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’[c]”
48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

You should know Jesus always does His Fathers will.
All
those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

They will not continue to sin for God's Spirit is in them. They are no longer slaves to sin.

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Jesus was from above. He is the mark of perfection. I consider myself working toward that perfection.
I consider myself KEEPING my perfection.
I was reborn of God, so how could that be imperfect to start with ?
I have the Spirit of Christ in me and live as one believing in Him.
Good.
The only thing you can see is that you don't know me not that I'm a sinner. God gives His Holy Spirit to those who love and obey Him. If one could lose that gift, it wouldn't be forever, would it?
It would depend on whether or not a true repentance from sin ever followed the sin.
Yet warnings are given throughout the NT to all. OSAS was not preached even if I believe I have already been appointed to eternal life. I am convinced in that.
If you hold fast to what you have, you will one day realize your eternal life started some time back.

Good.

It would depend on whether or not a true repentance from sin ever followed the sin.

If you hold fast to what you have, you will one day realize your eternal life started some time back.
Doesn't matter it's what God states. In Christ I am Holy and blameless.
I consider myself still working towards perfection.
Love does no harm to one's neighbor and fulfills all the law.
I keep the commandments and live like one who believes in Christ. I know Him and He knows me.

Good.

:topic

I keep the commandments and live like one who believes in Christ. I know Him and He knows me.
:topic

Do you have a version of perfection that goes beyond sinlessness ?
Sounds perfect to me.
Those that keep their perfection will not become 'unsaved'.

Do you have a version of perfection that goes beyond sinlessness ?
In the "Loving others" as "Jesus loved" is always a continuous goal of growth in my mind. Seasoning does come with age.
Sounds perfect to me.
Those that keep their perfection will not become 'unsaved'.
The gift is "forever" as in appointed to eternal life by Gods will. Born from above by the Spirit. If not forever than Jesus was mistaken. He uses truth as we know.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back