Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi CL
This happens to be a very important topic, in my opinion.
Why?
Because God is holy and only the holy will enter into heaven.
Revelation 21:27
Nothing unclean will enter into heaven.

By us being holy I mean, of course, being set aside for service to God.
If we stop serving God at some point, refuse to obey Him, and renounce Jesus as our Lord,
then at that time we have forfeited our salvation.

Romans 11:19-22
19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?
I am unaware of anything in this regard,
This is not Biblical. I have heard many people say they were Christians and left the faith or denounced Christ. It is impossible.

The fact is, these people were not truly regenerated in the first place.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

The verse also places emphasis on the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints. Those genuinely born again endure in faith and fellowship and the truth (1 Corinthians11:19; 2 Timothy 2:12). The ultimate test of true Christianity is endurance (Mark13:13; Hebrews 3:14). The departure of people from the truth and the church is their unmasking.

Many will be along soon to tell you that this is wrong.

This is not Biblical. I have heard many people say they were Christians and left the faith or denounced Christ. It is impossible.

The fact is, these people were not truly regenerated in the first place.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

Many will be along soon to tell you that this is wrong.
Let me be the first.

In 1 John 2:19 John is talking about the gnostics.
They had already infiltrated the church by the time the gospels were written and even revelation.

1 John 2:26-27
26These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.
27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

John was telling the disciples that they were not to be taught by those that had abandoned the faith...
this is apostacy. He implored them to keep to the teachings of Jesus.

It is certainly possible for a born again believer, due to whatever circumstance, to fall away from the faith.

Matthew 24:10
And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

Let me be the first.

They had already infiltrated the church by the time the gospels were written and even revelation.

26These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.
27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

Consecrated Life

It is certainly possible for a born again believer, due to whatever circumstance, to fall away from the faith.

And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
So your saying this only applies to the Gnostics and false teachers, not those who claim to be Christians and walk -away.

I'm surprised you did not mention Hebrews 6:4-6, it will pop up soon enough from someone.

Obviously I do not believe that.

Thank you for your reply.

@Consecrated Life
To be clear, are you talking about one losing their salvation, denouncing Christianity, walking away from the faith?
Or whatever label it is given today
Let me be the first.

John was telling the disciples that they were not to be taught by those that had abandoned the faith...

How did I know (Smile).

So your saying this only applies to the Gnostics and false teachers, not those who claim to be Christians and walk -away.
John was telling the disciples that they were not to be taught by those that had abandoned the faith

So you are suggesting they were truly saved?

I'm surprised you did not mention Hebrews 6:4-6, it will pop up soon enough from someone.

Obviously I do not believe that a regenerate person can walk away or deny the faith.

I could not even imagine living that way in my mind.

One day I wake up and say, I'm done with Jesus, let me go live in sin.

@Consecrated Life
To be clear, are you talking about one losing their salvation, denouncing Christianity, walking away from the faith?

Obviously I do not believe that.

@Consecrated Life

How did I know (Smile).

So you are suggesting they were truly saved?

Obviously I do not believe that a regenerate person can walk away or deny the faith.

I could not even imagine living that way in my mind.

One day I wake up and say, I'm done with Jesus, let me go live in sin.

@Consecrated Life
I don't think gnostics were saved, but only God knows for sure. Who can know the heart of man.

Hebrews 6:4-6 is speaking about Jews that wanted to return to the Law. I believe this is different than walking away from faith in God.

I agree with you. I can't imagine living without God. But this happens to some...not that they wake up one morning and change. It takes time, too much doubt, or a terrible experience, it happens.

Example, Bart Ehrmann

What do you make of his experience?

Hey All,
I am unaware as well Consecrated Life? In fact, what I found says the opposite.

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Or perhaps this:

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

No one will ever take you from Jesus. Jesus will never kick you out. You are never not good enough to come to Jesus. (Yes, I am aware of the double negative. It is on purpose.)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I don't think gnostics were saved, but only God knows for sure. Who can know the heart of man.

Hebrews 6:4-6 is speaking about Jews that wanted to return to the Law. I believe this is different than walking away from faith in God.

I agree with you. I can't imagine living without God. But this happens to some...not that they wake up one morning and change. It takes time, too much doubt, or a terrible experience, it happens.

Example, Bart Ehrmann

What do you make of his experience?
I am not aware of him.

I did skim through this (I'm cooking dinner, so I did not read the whole article)
https://ehrmanblog.org/why-i-am-not-a-christian/

I am not certain why he is not a Christian. I was looking for his point.

Obviously, I believe he was never saved if he thought he was a Christian.

Hi CL
This happens to be a very important topic, in my opinion.
Why?
Because God is holy and only the holy will enter into heaven.
Revelation 21:27
Nothing unclean will enter into heaven.

By us being holy I mean, of course, being set aside for service to God.
If we stop serving God at some point, refuse to obey Him, and renounce Jesus as our Lord,
then at that time we have forfeited our salvation.

Romans 11:19-22
19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
My question is what did Jesus say about this most important issue of a saved, sanctified person snatching eternal death from the jaws of eternal life?
Jesus Christ after all being the only name under heaven by which we are saved, I want to hear His example/parable of this tragedy happening ?
I have not heard it before .

My question is how did Jesus say the once "fit" saved & sanctified can become unfit and hell doomed ?
If this is so.
It is not so.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

My question is how did Jesus say the once "fit" saved & sanctified can become unfit and hell doomed ?
If this is so.
This what Jesus said . Does Jesus answer your question ?

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

This what Jesus said . Does Jesus answer your question ?

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
No, this passage does not address the issue as I have stated it
Jesus is speaking here of man who says he would like to join Him , but he has other things he considers more important at the moment
So he was never committed to Christ in the first place.

Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 9:57
And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 9:58
And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 9:59
And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 9:60
Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 9:61
And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

Let me be the first.

It is certainly possible for a born again believer, due to whatever circumstance, to fall away from the faith

With your knowledge of this so easily, & frequently happening you should easily be able to describe a "circumstance" where a "Born again" person who by definition both came to know the Love of Jesus for them & Loved Jesus in return, decided to hate Jesus ?
I've never seen anything happen to cause such a dramatic change in anyone I personally knew to Love Jesus .
What have you personally seen to cause this to happen in someone who once Loved Jesus ?

What would Jesus say about a rescued person who needs to be rescued again?
Hey All,
Jesus would rescue them again and again if it was necessary.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

We are cleansed from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) All is an absolute term. It encompasses past, present, and future. So what truly can separate us from the love of God? I believe nothing can. This is why?

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

We are the unpluckables. (Sounds like a superhero group)

Try this in your best announcer's voice.

They walk the walk!
They talk the talk.
Ready to pray at a moments notice.
Who disguised with flesh, are actually the new creations of Christ, they are:
The Unpluckables!

Would you read that comic book?
(Just me having fun)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Jesus would rescue them again and again if it was necessary.

Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

We are cleansed from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) All is an absolute term. It encompasses past, present, and future. So what truly can separate us from the love of God? I believe nothing can. This is why?

John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

We are the unpluckables. (Sounds like a superhero group)

Try this in your best announcer's voice.

They walk the walk!
They talk the talk.
Ready to pray at a moments notice.
Who disguised with flesh, are actually the new creations of Christ, they are:
The Unpluckables!

Would you read that comic book?
(Just me having fun)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
A positive way of saying perseverance of the saints and once saved always saved is false. Still it says nothing about Jesus ever having been saved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back