Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What must I do to be saved?

Do you believe a person must hear and believe the Gospel to be saved?

• No. Christians are saved before they hear about Jesus Christ.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
To be saved not to get saved. Big difference

If one believes the word, the true Gospel, they are in a saved condition already, hence they shall be saved.

Please post the scripture that says if a person believes they were already saved.

Sorry but that is just your unbiblical opinion.

The actual scripture, the truth, plainly teaches us that these jailers were unsaved, unregenerate and were asking how to become saved.

And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30

Paul answered their question —

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Only people who believe on the Lord Jesus Jesus will become saved.

JLB
If one gets saved by their action, its works. See the definition of a work by the greek word used by the Spirit is ergon 2041:

1. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
  2. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

If one gets saved by their action, its works. See the definition of a work by the greek word used by the Spirit is ergon 2041:

1. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
  2. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Please post the scripture that says a person is saved before they hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Please post the scripture that says a person is saved before they hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Read this please:

Believe is the action the person does.

Believe is a verb: an action word. See G4100

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Faith comes from God when He speaks to us.

Faith is a noun.

JLB
Faith is given by God, so that a human can believe.

Read this please:

Please use scripture not commentary of other men’s opinions.

The actual scripture, the truth, plainly teaches us that these jailers were unsaved, unregenerate and were asking how to become saved.

And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Believe is the action the person does.

Believe is a verb: an action word. See G4100

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31

Faith comes from God when He speaks to us.

Faith is a noun.

JLB
What comes first, faith or belief?

Faith is given by God, so that a human can believe.
Yes, it shows they were already given eternal life, ordained to it Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Please use scripture not commentary of other men’s opinions.

Thats my proof. You asking me to prove it, Im a man also. You dont believe the proof made by the word of God, "to be saved" not to get saved

What comes first, faith or belief?

Faith comes from God when they hear His word.

Faith comes first.

Then it’s up to the person to believe or not.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

As we see these by the wayside did hear the message of salvation.

However, they didn’t believe and therefore they were not saved.

• lest they should believe and be saved.

Why weren’t these by the wayside saved, according to Jesus Christ?

JLB

Thats my proof. You asking me to prove it, Im a man also. You dont believe the proof made by the word of God, "to be saved" not to get saved

Where did I ask you to “prove” anything?

I asked for scripture.

@JLB

Do you read Thology or Doctrine?

Or just the bible and that is it?

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

As we see these by the wayside did hear the message of salvation.

However, they didn’t believe and therefore they were not saved.

• lest they should believe and be saved.

Why weren’t these by the wayside saved, according to Jesus Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back