Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What would most Calvinists teach on this? What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Iconoclast

The main answer would bethat Jesus would say nothing on this because no such person exists.

Being saved by definition is just that: BEING SAVED FROM SINS IN THE LIFE, AND NOT HAVING TO GO INTO SECOND DEATH.

A PERSON WHO GOES TO HELL FOR ETERNITY CANNOT BE SAID TO BE SAVED.

Those who suggest such an idea, do not properly understand salvation as described in the bible.
Jesus left no doubt on this; jn6:
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Those who resist the teaching of the Grace of God have no peace about this.

I do not speak for all who are known as Calvinists, but I am in the mainstream of the teaching as held by Confessional churches. Some have made personal attacks along that line, but it is clear they are misinformed.

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?​

Well, if a person can lose their salvation then logic dictates a Christian should commit suicide (end his like 10 to 60 years early) in order to eliminate the chance of eternal damnation (infinite years). Those are the odds if the premise is true.

Jesus would say nothing on this because no such person exists.
Jesus speaks of the security of believers which logically points to the impossibility of a believer becoming unsaved.
39And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

Anyone who asks or suggests that Christians , saved by a God given faith makes it clear that they do not understand the biblical salvation as described in the scriptures.

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Ezekiel 36:26-27 “Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to do My judgments.

the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. Jde.1:5 KJV

So let the one who thinks he is standing be careful that he does not fall. 1Cor.10:12 NET

the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. Jde.1:5 KJV

So let the one who thinks he is standing be careful that he does not fall. 1Cor.10:12 NET
The temporary deliverance out of Egypt was not spiritual salvation/

The temporary deliverance out of Egypt was not spiritual salvation/
Paul warned the congregation against going back to slavery,

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. Jde.1:5 KJV

Jesus already stood on Mount Olivet and leveled the "mountains" (prideful) by His teaching of the Torah properly,

And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem Zech.4:8 KJV

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou
wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. Jn.4:10 KJV

Is faithfulness required for salvation?

How can you say you are saved if you have not complied with scripture? Mk 13:13 mt 24:13

Thks

Is faithfulness required for salvation?

How can you say you are saved if you have not complied with scripture? Mk 13:13 mt 24:13

Thks
Yes it is, But its Christs Faithfulness. Ones Salvation, all aspects of it, depends on Christ and what He has done, even enduring to the end. 1 Cor 1:8

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes it is, But its Christs Faithfulness. Ones Salvation, all aspects of it, depends on Christ and what He has done, even enduring to the end. 1 Cor 1:8

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
You have no free will to choose to be faithful?

Nope, Believers are faithful by Gods will Who does the confirming to the end in 1 Cor 1:8 ?
Jn 15:5 we don’t have free will to choose to abide or depart from Christ?

How do some bear fruit? And some are thrown into the fire?

Thks

Jn 15:5 we don’t have free will to choose to abide or depart from Christ?

How do some bear fruit? And some are thrown into the fire?

Thks
Nope, Believers are faithful by Gods will Who does the confirming to the end in 1 Cor 1:8 ?

Expla

rev 17:14 then

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word confirm is the word bebaioō:
  1. to make firm, establish, confirm, make sure, to stabilize, preserve

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word confirm is the word bebaioō:
  1. to make firm, establish, confirm, make sure, to stabilize, preserve
Then you are not faithful and only a loveless robot!

Explain judus

Acts 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

And

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

And

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And

Rev 2:13 …Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you…

How is that possible? It says Antipas was faithful!

(Antipas was ordained priest and consecrated bishop of Petgamo by the apostle John)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back