Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on Earth?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In reading these last few post; I gotta ask a question. If the OT was the original covenant God made; and the NT is the new covenant God made; how can both set precedent? Wouldn't the new covenant (NT) set the standard of God's Will?
Paul provides a great exposition and, in the process, answers your question in the epistle to the Galatians. Please read that when you have the time.

Paul provides a great exposition and, in the process, answers your question in the epistle to the Galatians. Please read that when you have the time.
Galatians 1:20

20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. NKJV

So Paul says he does not lie; and everyone should simply accept that as being true? Christ had 12 Disciples who travelled the land; but sometime (4-7 years i read) after Christ death this man Paul suddenly jumps up and claims to be an apostle. Why didn't Christ take Paul before his death?

Galatians 1:20

20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. NKJV

So Paul says he does not lie; and everyone should simply accept that as being true? Christ had 12 Disciples who travelled the land; but sometime (4-7 years i read) after Christ death this man Paul suddenly jumps up and claims to be an apostle. Why didn't Christ take Paul before his death?
If you are not convinced about Paul's life and letters being genuine, consider the following statement from Peter, one of the twelve apostles. From 2 Peter 3:15-16 "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things, in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."

If you are not convinced about Paul's life and letters being genuine, consider the following statement from Peter, one of the twelve apostles. From 2 Peter 3:15-16 "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things, in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."
Thank you, while I have read the Bible; I have not memorized it. It was nice of Peter to give Paul the authority to speak for God.

Christ said the Scriptures cannot be broken, John 10:35-38. But the entire Torah is not kept as the OT of the Christian Bible, only the parts that fit the narrative that was given in the NT. And if the OT gave Prophecy of what is to come; why would the NT give the same (or similar) Prophecy over and over again? My understanding is one of the problems the Jews have with the Gentiles; is that Gentiles tend to repeat themselves over and over again. A "perfect God" would not need to repeat Himself; and I know my Father (God) would never try to mislead any of us.

Thank you, while I have read the Bible; I have not memorized it. It was nice of Peter to give Paul the authority to speak for God.

Christ said the Scriptures cannot be broken, John 10:35-38. But the entire Torah is not kept as the OT of the Christian Bible, only the parts that fit the narrative that was given in the NT. And if the OT gave Prophecy of what is to come; why would the NT give the same (or similar) Prophecy over and over again? My understanding is one of the problems the Jews have with the Gentiles; is that Gentiles tend to repeat themselves over and over again. A "perfect God" would not need to repeat Himself; and I know my Father (God) would never try to mislead any of us.
A Gentile once asked a rabbi "Teach me the whole law while I am standing on one foot." The rabbi responded, "What is hateful to you, to your neighbor don't do." Paul said the same thing in Galatians 5:14 "For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: You shall love your neighbor as yourself" echoing Leviticus 19:18 "...but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord." At its essence the law is simple, and from 2 Corinthians 11:3 "But I fear lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

Now as regards prophecy from OT, some is fulfilled, and some still awaits its fulfillment. In Daniel 9, Daniel's 70th week is still for the future. What complicates things is that Daniel's 70th week is decreed for all Israelites, not just Jews (members of the house of Judah). Where the rest of the tribes are scattered and whether they are nations you can find the answer on this website.

According to Peter very little, as he likened it to the days of Noah.
Interesting signs of the return of JESUS to his people

The Bible verses below are among the most cited in recent times. What lesson can we learn from them?

Luke 17: v. 26-27

26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man.

27 They ate, drank, married, gave in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, the flood came and destroyed them all.

As we can see, the society of that time had a "modus vivendi", let's say common, natural, or a normal way of life, "They ate, drank, married, gave in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark".

If we analyzed it well, we would say that the 'modus vivendi' of society in recent times, say around 1,950 to 1,985, was similar to society in the days of Noah. It was common to eat and drink due to the development of large malls at that time, it was common the celebration and weddings, and the existence of strong family ties, as in the days of Noah or days before the flood.

But both society, be at the time of Noah - Genesis 6:v.1-8, be the recent society of 1,950 to 1,985, as time went by, began to deteriorate morally, especially among let's say "the believers", called children of God, who were mixing their seed with the seed of the evil ones, giving rise to a corrupt and evil society, most likely due to the proliferation of adulterers, and adulteresses. And the punishment came, yes, the flood came and only 8 people were saved by the Ark.

Comparing the society of the days of Noah or days before the flood, with a posterior society existent in Sodom and Gomorrah, and neighboring cities, at the time of Lot, Abraham's nephew, let's see the differences, according Scriptures below:

JESUS said: Luke 17: v.28-30

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day (in the current time) when the Son of man is revealed.

society of Noah's day society of Sodom/Gomorrah

they ate and drank they ate and drank

they married and gave in marriage they bought and sold

-x-x-x- they planted and built

As we can see the differences are great between the society of Noah's day, and days of Sodom and Gomorrah, and neighboring cities. See, the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly-Genesis 13:v.13. They were wicked, and corrupt, and immoral exceedingly, There was no marriage between them, the society was polluted of prostitutes, and sodomites or effeminate(gays), the society was infested of prostitution and great sinners. The just Lot was vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds-2 Peter 2:v.7-8 combined with Jude 1:v.6-7.

That said:

We can conclude that the recent society similar to the Noah's day lived around 1,950 to l,985, since then and until today have developed itself a society similar to the society of Sodom and Gomorrah, a wicked, and corrupt, and violent society, large proliferation of prostitution, same-sex marriage, use of resources for transgender mutation, at last a countless satanic forms of transformation for a exceedingly sinful life.
JESUS left very clear, saying: And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Matt.19:v.9

The God's view of societies and His providence- 2 Peter 2:v.4-6

4 .. God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto Judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

God's providence in the current time and it is already running

It will not be different now and God will destroy the world of Devil as a whole, by entire, and the works that are therein will be burned with everlasting fire, for the fire never shall be quenched, their worm will never die, and the fire will never be quenched.

JESUS said: Luke 20:v.35-36

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world(next world, the Kingdom of God-, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection
Amen

Hello Oseas.
Peter likens destruction by water and fire as by the Spirit of God, therefore by the word of God,

For this they willingly are ignorant 2Pet.3:2

But this time it must be the end of all evil.

Hello Oseas.
Peter likens destruction by water and fire as by the Spirit of God, therefore by the word of God,

For this they willingly are ignorant 2Pet.3:2

But this time it must be the end of all evil.
Isaiah 26:20-21
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Romans 2:6-11
6 GOD will render to every MAN according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

Revelation 11:15 and 18

15 ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged(Daniel 12:2. Take a look), and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready

JESUS said: Luke 20:v.35-36

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world(next world, the Kingdom of God-, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection
Amen
Those who keep their tongue from lying,
who stay out of the company of the wicked (as if to get along with sin),
who seek truth always, true in judgment being in agreement with God's Judgment , caring for the poor daily, praying blessing even their enemies ...
who forsake the false , the devious, the deceitful and deceptive gospels and false teachings all around them /us/ all our lives...
who have a generous eye, not stingy,
who are declared blameless by YHVH in this life,
who defend and protect the orphans and the widows...
who live in line with, in harmony with , Scripture as God Reveals...

who seek truth always, true in judgment being in agreement with God's Judgment , caring for the poor daily, praying blessing even their enemies ...
who forsake the false , the devious, the deceitful and deceptive gospels and false teachings all around them /us/ all our lives...
What matters and prevails is the Holy Scriptures, the everlasting Word of GOD, opinion is good for nothing. JESUS made it very clear(not the devilish esoteric and kabbalistic and spiritist YHVH of those who killed JESUS), saying: John 5:39-40:
39 Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

The Word is GOD, is Life, self-executing, understand?

Our Lord JESUS said: Mat.13:30-> In the time of harvest I will say to the reapers,Gather ye together first the tares,and bind them in bundles to burn them:but gather the wheat into my barn.

Do ye not know that the saints shall Judge the world?and if the world shall be Judged by you,are ye unworthy to Judge the smallest matters?Know ye not that we shall Judge angels?(angels of the Churches)1Corinthians 6:2-3.

By the way,JESUS said more:John 4:36-37:-> 36 He that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. 37 And herein is that saying true,One soweth(JESUS sowed),and another reapeth.

And Daniel prophesied Dan.7:22&27: -> 22Judgment was (will be)given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom(Revelation 11:15-18.Take a look.).27 And the Kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom,and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Daniel 2:44-47
44And in the days of these kings shall the GOD of heaven set up a Kingdom(Revelation 11:15-18), which shall never be destroyed: and the Kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver,and the gold;the great GOD hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter:and the dream is certain,and the interpretation thereof sure.

46Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face...Of a truth it is, that your GOD is a GOD of gods(Psalms 82:1-2&6-8 and John 10:34-36 combined with Isaiah 41:23),and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets,seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

The Word is GOD, self-executing, understand?

Isaiah 26:20-21
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
Isaiah 26 is a continuation of ch.25, which shows how the Messiahs' victory over death is proof of His power over all mankind.

Eph.5:14 shows Isa.26:19 clearly referring to coming to life now by the Holy Spirit.

For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. Isa.26:19

Isaiah 26 is a continuation of ch.25, which shows how the Messiahs' victory over death is proof of His power over all mankind.

For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. Isa.26:19
Isaiah 25:7-9 may be literally fulfilled from now on according Revelation 11:15-18 & ch. 19:17-21
Eph.5:14 shows Isa.26:19 clearly referring to coming to life now by the Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 26:19 may literally be fulfilled from now on according 1Thessalonians 4:15-17combined with Daniel 12:1-3, among other biblical references.

Isaiah 25:7-9 may be literally fulfilled from now on according Revelation 11:15-18 & ch. 19:17-21
The mountain in Isaiah is the Stone in Dan.2:35 which becomes a mountain. It represents Christ and His church.
Isaiah 26:19 may literally be fulfilled from now on according 1Thessalonians 4:15-17combined with Daniel 12:1-3, among other biblical references.
It's all fulfilled In Jesus. As the OT and NT believers walked by faith it is fulfilled in us.

Isa.26:19 is cited by Paul in Eph.5:14. He's telling the Epheian congregation to wake up, come to life, because Christ is risen from the dead. He's relating Isaiahs' prophecy to being alive in Christ now.

In 1Thes.4:17 Paul says,
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We're already with the Lord by faith in Him from which Oaul says we cannot be seoarated and even moreso Jesus said He is now with us until the end of this world as we know it.

For this very reason, 1Thes.4 speaks of Christ coming to us in Spirit. "Clouded" doesn't mean clouds in the sky, but obscured to unbelievers in this world.

Christians today are oblivious to the awesome power of the gospel, because the Light of it Who is our King and Gods' own glory is only going to be seen by this world through us.

He told us,
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Mt.18::18KJV

And He qualified the importance of truthfulness (as touching the testimony of two),

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing vs.19

So it carries into the next life and if anyones sins are retained when our Lord returns in Person that person will be damned.

Of course unbelievers are under condemnation now, but we must show all the light of our Savior the best we can for as long as we can tolerate.

The mountain in Isaiah is the Stone in Dan.2:35 which becomes a mountain. It represents Christ and His church.
It is linked to Dan. 2:44 and Dan. 7:14 and Revelation 11:15-18.
It's all fulfilled In Jesus. As the OT and NT believers walked by faith it is fulfilled in us.
It will be fulfilled from now on with the LITERALL fulfillment of prophecy of Daniel 12:1-3 (OT), and with the voice(message) of the archangel Michael-1Thessalonians 4:15-17(NT), among other biblical references.

Isa.26:19 is cited by Paul in Eph.5:14. He's telling the Epheian congregation to wake up, come to life, because Christ is risen from the dead. He's relating Isaiahs' prophecy to being alive in Christ now.

In 1Thes.4:17 Paul says,
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We're already with the Lord by faith in Him from which Oaul says we cannot be seoarated and even moreso Jesus said He is now with us until the end of this world as we know it.

For this very reason, 1Thes.4 speaks of Christ coming to us in Spirit. "Clouded" doesn't mean clouds in the sky, but obscured to unbelievers in this world.

Christians today are oblivious to the awesome power of the gospel, because the Light of it Who is our King and Gods' own glory is only going to be seen by this world through us.

He told us,
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Mt.18::18KJV

And He qualified the importance of truthfulness (as touching the testimony of two),

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing vs.19

So it carries into the next life and if anyones sins are retained when our Lord returns in Person that person will be damned.

Of course unbelievers are under condemnation now, but we must show all the light of our Savior the best we can for as long as we can tolerate.
Paul prophesied:1Tessalonians 4:15

15We say unto you by the Word of the Lord,that we which are alive and remain unto the COMING of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep.

(Comment Daniel prophesied Dan.12:1

- At that time(END of Time) shall Michael stand up to fight against the red Dragon,whose satanic religious body has 7 heads,10 horns and a TAIL-Revelation 12:9-12;

- then there shall be a time of trouble (great tribulation), such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time(Matthew 24:21);

- and at that time(current time)thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book (Revelation 7:1-14).

Furthermore,in this current time or now,even now,from now on,the Devil shall be cast down into the bottomless pit(Re.20:1-3).

Daniel 12:2-THERE WILL BE RESURRECTION SIMULTANEOUSLY

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake(according to the prophecy of Isaiah 26:19-21.Take a look), some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Comment: So, there also shall be resurrection in fulfillment of prophecy of Isaiah combined with 1Thessalonians 4:16, as follow:

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout (shall descend from the 3rd heaven,we believers are still in the 2nd heaven-Ephesians1:3-8 combined with Philippians 3:20-21),with the voice of the archangel-MICHAEL- , and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Thes. 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds( Isaiah 60:8, and 1Corinthians 15:51 combined with Philippians 3:20-21 and Revelation 5:8-14), to meet the Lord in the air(in the 3rd heavenly environment-3rd heaven-far above of the current second heaven-Luke 20:35-36 combined with Matthew 25:6): and so shall we ever be with the Lord.(Where?-Revelation 11:15-18 and Re. 5:10, and Matthew 5:5, and John 17:24. Take a look).

Do you think there is anyone like that ?
I assure you, there are.

Back