Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who Are the Multitude of Revelation Ch 7?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

A Biblical study on the Multitude of Revelation 7.

http://beginningandend.com/who-are-the-multitude-of-revelation-chapter-7/

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Hi dear brother NJBeliever; I’ve got a question. If the Great Multitude is the Raptured church are you saying they are the whole church, or even the first of the church to get to heaven? The reason I ask is because of the twenty-four elders of Revelation 4:4 and four beasts or living ones of Revelation 4:6 that are already present in heaven before them also redeemed to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation according to Revelation 5:9. To get there, wouldn’t they have had to be raptured too? I personally see the great Multitude as Christians that were not ready when Jesus came in the air to meet them. Thanks.

Revelation 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"

This is after John's second vision has taken place. Only here, and in John 12:13 were palms used to glorify our Lord. The Jews used these palm branches, "and cried Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord". That is a fact, Jesus did come in the name of the Lord God Almighty.

Revelation 7:10 "And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."

In other words, these great numbers of people, came from all races and nations and languages on the face of the earth, and each and every one of them have been saved.
This is not part of the "rapture" as many teachers teach. No; but it is the people who have died in the Lord's work, and have gone to be with Him. It is my father who died twelve years age, and my uncle Ron who has passed on; It's my grandmother Knecht, who passed on when I was a child, and every other saint of God, who lived a life on this earth, and died and went to be with the Lord; from any century in this earth age. Those are the ones John sees standing before the Lord in their white robes, washed in the blood of the Lamb, and their sins made white as snow.

Though we laid their fleshly bodies in the ground, Praise God their souls went immediately to be with the Father. [Ecclesiastes 12:7] From Adam and Eve to this present time, all these saints of God are now angelic soul beings; though they sinned in the flesh, each has repented of their sins, and God is faithful and just to forgive all those sins, and make them white and pure as snow.

Revelation 7:11 "And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts [living creatures], and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God."

John is seeing in this vision this beautiful scene through the heavenly door.

Revelation 7:12 "Saying, A'-men: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. A'-men."

There are seven-fold blessings the saints are ascribing back from themselves to the Lamb of God [Jesus Christ]. These are given to Jesus Christ because of what Jesus has done. They again are; Blessing, Glory, Wisdom, Honor, Thanksgiving, Power, and Might. Remember back in Revelation 5:12 it named the seven spirits of life given Jesus Christ by the Father? Here the saints recognize them and praise the Lamb. However rather than "riches", in verses 5:12, we have "Thanksgiving".
The saints have already received their riches, at this time; and they are part of those riches through all eternity. So now they stand before our Lord in their white robes and bow and praise God in Thanksgiving. What a glorious Wonder to watch.

Revelation 7:13 "And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?"

Revelation 7:14 "And I said unto him, Sir [My Lord], thou knowest. and he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Notice where they came from, the great tribulation. They came out of the tribulation and "washed their own robes" in the blood of the Lamb. Nobody washed the robes for them. They were made white by the blood of the Lamb by their repentance and confession in Jesus Christ. These "witnesses", we will read of in Revelation 19, and our robes are the product of our righteous acts done in our flesh body, while living on this earth.

Those acts are the things you do, and in helping others in the name of the Lord. Our Salvation comes only by grace [unmerited favor] of God, through the blood of the Lamb [Jesus Christ on the cross]; yet our righteous acts are what we are clothed in throughout all eternity. True righteousness is only in Christ, but when you try, God accepts it as perfect. So these saints are standing there in their righteous works.
The term "great tribulation" is better translated "great afflictions" in the flesh, or body. For these saints went through afflictions in the flesh, or body; However they may not have lived in the period of the "Great Tribulation". That is the time when Satan will rule the earth, in person, as Antichrist. Many millions have suffered greatly in the name of God, and even given their lives in His service.

Revelation 7:15 "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he hat sitteth on the throne shall dwell among [spread His tabernacle over] them."

Many of these saints will return with Christ at the seventh trumpet. However, when the Godhead, and His throne move to earth eternally, it will be following the Great White Throne Judgment. Then all souls will be on earth and in God's eternal kingdom, or they will simply not exist. Not even the memory of them will exist. We will discuss this in Revelation 22

http://www.theseason.org/revelation/revelation7.htm

PLEASE NOTE: These studies may be stored on your private computer as a library, printed out in single copy (or you may print enough for a study group) for private study purposes provided the Author and Source are included with each and every excerpt or copy.
These studies
may not be reproduced collectively ONLINE , or in successive part, on any WEBSITE, EMAIL LIST or PUBLIC ELECTRONIC LIBRARY without expressed written consent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put these are gentiles that also believed in Christ that were sealed as those of the Twelve tribes of Israel that also believed in Christ and sealed by His Holy Spirit.

Simply put these are gentiles that also believed in Christ that were sealed as those of the Twelve tribes of Israel that also believed in Christ and sealed by His Holy Spirit.

Please explain why you believe they are all gentiles. What scriptures tell you that?

It's not just a matter of believing in Christ,as the seal is the opposite of the mark...Believing in Christ,and yet not studying His Word,can led one to be deceived.......The seal is knowledge of the Word,which shall prevent,said deception....Remember Christ will say to some,I never knew you........

Please explain why you believe they are all gentiles. What scriptures tell you that?

Exo 12:35 And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment:
Exo 12:36 And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.
Exo 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.
Exo 12:38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

When the children of Israel left Egypt many of those from Egypt that were not Hebrews, but that of a mixed multitude (Gentile being not under the law), also chose to follow Moses as they too came to believe in the God of Moses after seeing the wrath of God upon their people.

The 144,000 were from the twelve tribes mentioned in Rev 7 were that of the sons of Jacob (Israel) Jews that were sealed with the Holy Spirit just as now with all nations, kindred, people and tongues (Gentile nations). Just as those who came out of Egypt being Gentile so as the same throughout all generations, even today, of Gentile nations who make up the multitude spoken of in verse 9 of Rev chapter 7.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

It's not just a matter of believing in Christ,as the seal is the opposite of the mark...Believing in Christ,and yet not studying His Word,can led one to be deceived.......The seal is knowledge of the Word,which shall prevent,said deception....Remember Christ will say to some,I never knew you........

Those who believe in Christ also confess that of his life, death and resurrection and are sealed y the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption when Christ returns in the air and calls his Bride home to be with him forever. The seal is the knowledge of the word as we know the seal is that of the Holy Spirit whom dwells in us teaching us all things of Gods word, John 14:26.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

2Co 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Gentiles are heathens .... from Strongs

H1471
גּי גּוי
gôy gôy
go'ee, go'-ee
Apparently from the same root as H1465 (in the sense of massing); a foreign nation; hence a Gentile; also (figuratively) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts: - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
G1484
ἔθνος
ethnos
eth'-nos
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom_10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Gentiles are heathens .... from Strongs

H1471
גּי גּוי
gôy gôy
go'ee, go'-ee
Apparently from the same root as H1465 (in the sense of massing); a foreign nation; hence a Gentile; also (figuratively) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts: - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
G1484
ἔθνος
ethnos
eth'-nos
Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom_10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

If that is true that the word goy and goyim means heathen, then God called His holy nation (goy) heathens. And there are other times the word goy is used when the scripture is referring to Israel.

Exo 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation (goy). These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Historically, the word goy began being used as a derogatory term by the Yiddish Jews after the first or second world war, but God did not. I actually read that on a Jewish site, maybe Jewish 101 or Chadbad.

Strongs is as far as i get into word meanings.. beyond that is way beyond my brain power....

You/we are not a heathen nor pagan, you/we are part of a Holy Nation

Exo_19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1Pe_2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

We are one in HIM

Strongs is as far as i get into word meanings.. beyond that is way beyond my brain power....

You/we are not a heathen nor pagan, you/we are part of a Holy Nation

Exo_19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1Pe_2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

We are one in HIM

We most certainly are! :amen

Back