Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who in the world falls for this?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
GKMCCAjaYAAU27p

GKLGG1IXMAAbcRG

I guess the grifters, scam artists, and cons need gullible dupes to target their schemes to, so here's Rosanne Barr telling MAGA world to drop out of college because "they don't teach you nothin" (irony noted) and are apparently havens for blood drinkers?

Yep, don't get edumacated 'cuz we needs y'all to be ignorant, stupid, and gullible!!

Of course things could change and the stock price might rise, but it's just another example of how cult-like some supporters of Don the Con seem....

Small-time investors in Trump’s Truth Social reckon with stock collapse

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”

For shareholders like McLain, investing in Truth Social is less a business calculation than a statement of faith in the former president and the business traded under his initials, DJT.

Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The company has lost $3.5 billion in value since its public debut last month...

...McLain is an amateur trader — he invested only once before and “lost [his] butt” — and said he hasn’t talked to his family about his investment, saying, “You know how that is.” But he believes the Trump Media deal is a sign he is “supposed to invest,” he said.

“This isn’t just another stock to me. … I feel like it was God Almighty that put it in my lap,” he said. “I’ve just got to hold on and let them do their job. If you go on emotion, you’ll get out of this thing the first time it goes down.”

This is why I often think of Don the Con as a latter-day televangelist. Just like the stereotypical televangelist, Donald asks his followers to...

Constantly send him money directly, while he lives an opulent lifestyle;

Buy junk merchandise (sending him money indirectly);

Overlook his sex scandals;

Overlook his history of repeated financial frauds;

Ignore the contradiction between his lifestyle and Christian teachings, especially regarding love of money;

Believe that if things aren't going well for the leader, it must be because of nefarious acts by some outside forces (in the article above, some believe that the reason the stock isn't doing well is because of a conspiracy).

That's why when some of my friends ask me how supposed Christians can so eagerly support Don the Con, my answer is "He's not really asking anything of them that some televangelist hasn't asked of them before".

Oh man! I was really about to laugh my socks off when the two ladies were pulling out $10 to buy this fake book that they were hawking as the Trump bible.

There's a sucker born every minute for sure.

God bless,
Ted

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! I was really about to laugh my socks off when the two ladies were pulling out $10 to buy this fake book that they were hawking as the Trump bible.

There's a sucker born every minute for sure.

God bless,
Ted
It really is something else, isn't it? I guess that's why there will always be con men among us...they'll never run out of gullible people to target.

It really is something else, isn't it? I guess that's why there will always be con men among us...they'll never run out of gullible people to target.
Here is a solid response to what you talk about in your OP:

Can you summarize? I'm not interested in watching a 4 hour video.
You should; I watched it over several days. Basically, Benny Hinn is a grifter, a false teacher, and a false prophet who preys on the poor, the sick, and the desperate. He makes a good point that it isn't the rich who are desparate and giving Hinn their money; it is the poor, hoping either to get rich or at least enough "blessing" back to pay bills. Mike Winger also believes that Hinn should be in prison for assault for how he pushes people down, people who are in pain. The only people Hinn allows on stage to talk about and "show" their healing are those who claim to be healed already, although some of the audio and video clearly shows they are not. But, because of his control over people, people will still believe they are healed right up until they die from whatever it was in the first place (such as cancer), and still send him their last cent because he says they will be blessed with much more money given back.

The point is, just like Kunneman, these types of people exist in Christian circles (mainly, if not exclusively, in the Word of Faith and more charasmatic type denominations), although it does not at all mean they are Christians. They are just con artists who say what people want to hear and keep them in the dark about what the Bible actually says. This enables them to appeal to the materialism and greed in others so that they themselves can get rich. So, on the one hand, their supporters are in part responsible for being guillable and not properly studing the Bible. On the other hand, these men are master manipulators who know how to prey on the most desparate. It is utterly despicable.

This is what Peter states about such people:

2Pe 2:14 They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children!
2Pe 2:15 Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing,
2Pe 2:16 but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.
2Pe 2:17 These are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm. For them the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved.
2Pe 2:18 For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. (ESV)

You should; I watched it over several days. Basically, Benny Hinn is a grifter, a false teacher, and a false prophet who preys on the poor, the sick, and the desperate. He makes a good point that it isn't the rich who are desparate and giving Hinn their money; it is the poor, hoping either to get rich or at least enough "blessing" back to pay bills. Mike Winger also believes that Hinn should be in prison for assault for how he pushes people down, people who are in pain. The only people Hinn allows on stage to talk about and "show" their healing are those who claim to be healed already, although some of the audio and video clearly shows they are not. But, because of his control over people, people will still believe they are healed right up until they die from whatever it was in the first place (such as cancer), and still send him their last cent because he says they will be blessed with much more money given back.

The point is, just like Kunneman, these types of people exist in Christian circles (mainly, if not exclusively, in the Word of Faith and more charasmatic type denominations), although it does not at all mean they are Christians. They are just con artists who say what people want to hear and keep them in the dark about what the Bible actually says. This enables them to appeal to the materialism and greed in others so that they themselves can get rich. So, on the one hand, their supporters are in part responsible for being guillable and not properly studing the Bible. On the other hand, these men are master manipulators who know how to prey on the most desparate. It is utterly despicable.

This is what Peter states about such people:

2Pe 2:14 They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children!
2Pe 2:15 Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing,
2Pe 2:16 but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.
2Pe 2:17 These are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm. For them the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved.
2Pe 2:18 For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. (ESV)
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I've never really looked into Hinn, but I always found his performances to be rather bizarre. That he's also a con man comes as no surprise.

I'll have to watch the video when I get some time.

Back