Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why are some believers not healed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Alfred Persson

Free Will Reformed Baptist
2024 Supporter
While many blame lack of faith for not being healed, its possible there are other reasons:

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:7-9 NKJ)

From my limited human perspective, many who claim to have been healed seem further removed from obedience to Scripture, choosing to determine truth via experiences.

Whereas, those physically weak seem more dependent on the truth they see in scripture.

Perhaps God is choosing the better path for the sick person, one of obedience to scripture rather than going down the rabbit hole of contradictory and confusing experience "gut feelings".

From God's reply to Paul it does appear God is stronger in us when we are weak (My strength is made perfect in weakness"), the reverse is then true "strength makes imperfect" God's manifestation in us.

I am relatively healthy (but we all are dying of something), and drove cab for many years. One Christian lady in particular comes to mind, she was so arthritic she couldn't move without pain. We carried her literally (she only weighed 100 lbs, maybe less) to the car. But the grace she showed, her joy at being alive...blew me away. I couldn't fathom the joy she experienced in God, even though her body was wracked in pain.

In Christ's Sermon on the Mount there is a "principle of reversal" I think relevant here:

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. (Matt. 5:3-6 NKJ)

If we apply it to a sickness that doesn't get healed in this life, it requires in the next God reverses the situation 180 degrees.

If having cancer were like losing $1000, then in the Kingdom of God one would be given $1000 to spend, and likely more. So God will "compensate" for permitting a person suffer in this life. Reverse it completely.

Someone not healed in this life might rejoice because His treasure in heaven has now increased exponentially:

19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matt. 6:19-21 NKJ)

The question of healing can be understood best through the lens of God's priorities rather than ours. God heals as it serves His purposes to do so, not ours. And God's purposes are centered around Himself, not us; around eternity, not our here-and-now; around His glory, not our temporal comfort; around His truth, not our wishful thinking; around our spiritual growth, our fellowship with Him, not our physical well-being.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back