Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why Jesus wasn't taller when raised from dead ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

iwll42

I think many denominations hold the view, that we will be raised in new body, glorified body, and Jesus resurrection meant He got that new body.
But how then, He wasn't taller like some churches say we will be ? Brang to old glory of Adam, who supposedly was bigger and taller (SDA church says this, and before the flood people had longer lifespans, and were bigger and stronger, basically giants by our standards.. , that's what Adam was) and due to sin, we got smaller in our bodies.

And also, Jesus showed His marks of nail in hands. Maybe that was purposeful from God, but, otherwise, it looks like Jesus just got that same body ? Or not ?

Or maybe not ?

Because when He showed to disciples once, and instantly dissapeared when they for a moment weren't looking. So, He got powers with body so to speak.

Hey All,ay
And, oh by the way Jesus, thanks for saving us and all. But why aren't you taller?

Just when you think you have heard them all?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I think many denominations hold the view, that we will be raised in new body, glorified body, and Jesus resurrection meant He got that new body.
But how then, He wasn't taller like some churches say we will be ? Brang to old glory of Adam, who supposedly was bigger and taller (SDA church says this, and before the flood people had longer lifespans, and were bigger and stronger, basically giants by our standards.. , that's what Adam was) and due to sin, we got smaller in our bodies.

And also, Jesus showed His marks of nail in hands. Maybe that was purposeful from God, but, otherwise, it looks like Jesus just got that same body ? Or not ?

Or maybe not ?

Because when He showed to disciples once, and instantly dissapeared when they for a moment weren't looking. So, He got powers with body so to speak.
I believe the big changes in Jesus' vessel occurred after His final ascension into heaven.
Besides, the Word made flesh has the power to show Himself in any manner He wishes.

We are not received unto Christ in these physical mortal bodyies, but given Spiritual bodies that no one knows what we will look like other than we will be as Christ in His Spiritual body.

1Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Cor 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Cor 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Cor 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cor 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Or maybe not ?

NO one know how tall Jesus was is the 1st thing to know.

Jesus was ordinary. There was nothing spectacular about His appearance. It could be said that Jesus was average-looking.

With that in mind, the best speculation as to how tall Jesus was would be the average height of a first-century male Jew living in the land of Israel. Even arriving at that average leads to divergent opinions. Based on skeletal remains and other evidence, most anthropologists believe the average height of a Jewish male living in Israel in the first century AD was 5′1ʺ.

2nd.....there is NO Bible Scriptures to suggest that Adam was anything other than normal height comparabel to humans today.

The "powers" Jesus had was due to the fact He had a glorified body when He appeared to the disciples.

Or maybe not ?

Forget this question. A much more important one is: How lustrous and full was Jesus's hair? Nothing says "sinful" like baldness, right? Everybody knows the devil is bald and he's the most sinful creature out there! So, did Jesus have a flowing, shiny, beautiful head of hair? The Bible doesn't say! After his resurrection, Jesus's hair should have been at least to his waist and a rich, glowing, chestnut brown (maybe with blonde highlights 'cause that's the holiest hair going, right?). But there's nothing, nada, not a word about Jesus's resurrection hair! What's going on, eh? Inquiring minds want to know.

Forget this question. A much more important one is: How lustrous and full was Jesus's hair? Nothing says "sinful" like baldness, right? Everybody knows the devil is bald and he's the most sinful creature out there! So, did Jesus have a flowing, shiny, beautiful head of hair? The Bible doesn't say! After his resurrection, Jesus's hair should have been at least to his waist and a rich, glowing, chestnut brown (maybe with blonde highlights 'cause that's the holiest hair going, right?). But there's nothing, nada, not a word about Jesus's resurrection hair! What's going on, eh? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, I mostly was referring to SDA teachings by their prophet Ellen White, which claimed that Adam and pre-flood people were much bigger , taller and stronger than today's. Which I mean, have Biblical support right ? Didn't in Bible said "There were giants in the earth in those days" Gen. 6:4

Well, I mostly was referring to SDA teachings by their prophet Ellen White, which claimed that Adam and pre-flood people were much bigger , taller and stronger than today's. Which I mean, have Biblical support right ? Didn't in Bible said "There were giants in the earth in those days" Gen. 6:4
Yes but that did not apply to Adam and Eve.

Ellen White was a cult leader.

The Bible says nothing about Adam and Eve's physical attributes (hair color, height, strength level, etc.).

The SDA cult denies Christ's equality with God, making Christ, instead, a created being and thus necessarily inferior to God.

Ellen White was a cult leader.

The Bible says nothing about Adam and Eve's physical attributes (hair color, height, strength level, etc.).

The SDA cult denies Christ's equality with God, making Christ, instead, a created being and thus necessarily inferior to God.
That is correct.

7th Day Advantist are good people but are just a little mixed up on their theology wanting to mix law and grace.

That is correct.

7th Day Advantist are good people but are just a little mixed up on their theology wanting to mix law and grace.
Well I was born into one. But I don't agree with them anymore.
They have as many said strongly legalistic view of things. How they can say it's all due to grace, but in same time judge you (and even want to dismember you), if you don't keep Sabbath on Saturday.
They ascended their Saturday day more than any love to each other.
And even E.W. blatantly lies to people saying she received light to see God's 10 commandments and Sabbath one was more lighter than others, because that represent covenant with God for us to spent time with God.

But still, they really forgot the love.
And no matter how perfect their doctrine sound on paper, when you go in church and get accustomed and know people deeper, you will feel that judgment, like you have to meet some requirements or you will be looked down upon.

Specifically, as I said, they consider you unbeliever solely on not keeping Sabbath. They are ruthless and heartless why is it actually that you can't. And would advice you to starve and be a beggar on street than to work on Sabbath.
Like, they wants you to make you miserable and take all your power. And when you get that miserable, they even put blame on you for being miserable and poor and beggar, just like Job's "friends".
They don't give helping hand, because apparently they have it hard.. haha, yea..

It's just a social circle, not a worship place, where people can come and receive help in times of need, for believers to help each other.
When they don't even help each other long members. But it's all about who is richest, and who knows who..

That's part of what made me miserable. But happily I was able to get out of their cult thinking.

In fact, E.W. herself never wanted to be used as weapon like today, they literally cite her with Bible. And it's required for you to accept that she's prophet or you can't be part of church or baptized.
So that speaks volumes why it's cult.

I agree they have purest Bible doctrine, but still, they hold Sabbath too strongly and legalistic. They would rather die for keeping Sabbath, then help other in need. Truly..

And after all, in my view, I think even some Muslim who is trying to keep himself holy according to what he knows, I see him as brother in Christ as well. Because he have that same spirit of grace. I don't feel the need to berate him, I just want him to continue being good human, forgiving etc.
Do you know Muslim who is quick to listen, and forgive and slow to anger, is doing more than most right doctrinally Christian person.

They have as many said strongly legalistic view of things. How they can say it's all due to grace, but in same time judge you (and even want to dismember you), if you don't keep Sabbath on Saturday.
And even E.W. blatantly lies to people saying she received light to see God's 10 commandments and Sabbath one was more lighter than others, because that represent covenant with God for us to spent time with God.

And no matter how perfect their doctrine sound on paper, when you go in church and get accustomed and know people deeper, you will feel that judgment, like you have to meet some requirements or you will be looked down upon.

Specifically, as I said, they consider you unbeliever solely on not keeping Sabbath. They are ruthless and heartless why is it actually that you can't. And would advice you to starve and be a beggar on street than to work on Sabbath.
Like, they wants you to make you miserable and take all your power. And when you get that miserable, they even put blame on you for being miserable and poor and beggar, just like Job's "friends".
They don't give helping hand, because apparently they have it hard.. haha, yea..

It's just a social circle, not a worship place, where people can come and receive help in times of need, for believers to help each other.
When they don't even help each other long members. But it's all about who is richest, and who knows who..

That's part of what made me miserable. But happily I was able to get out of their cult thinking.

In fact, E.W. herself never wanted to be used as weapon like today, they literally cite her with Bible. And it's required for you to accept that she's prophet or you can't be part of church or baptized.
So that speaks volumes why it's cult.

I agree they have purest Bible doctrine, but still, they hold Sabbath too strongly and legalistic. They would rather die for keeping Sabbath, then help other in need. Truly..

And after all, in my view, I think even some Muslim who is trying to keep himself holy according to what he knows, I see him as brother in Christ as well. Because he have that same spirit of grace. I don't feel the need to berate him, I just want him to continue being good human, forgiving etc.
Do you know Muslim who is quick to listen, and forgive and slow to anger, is doing more than most right doctrinally Christian person.
I understand. I have spoken on cults for years and 7th Day Advantist is not a cult but is a "sect" of Christianity, because it has a number of distinctive doctrines not in accord with the mainstream of historic Christian faith.

In other words, it/they try to be Biblically true but can not get pass the Law thing of what day to attend worship service and dietary laws.

Now you said...........
"And after all, in my view, I think even some Muslim who is trying to keep himself holy according to what he knows, I see him as brother in Christ as well. Because he have that same spirit of grace."

That is in no way acceptable my friend. Muslims as NOT your brother in Christ as they do not accept Christ as the Christ. To them He was a prophet, no more and no less and they honor Muhammed more than Jesus as the Christ.

Now you said...........
"And after all, in my view, I think even some Muslim who is trying to keep himself holy according to what he knows, I see him as brother in Christ as well. Because he have that same spirit of grace."

That is in no way acceptable my friend. Muslims as NOT your brother in Christ as they do not accept Christ as the Christ. To them He was a prophet, no more and no less and they honor Muhammed more than Jesus as the Christ.
Okay, I take back.. BUT you know how muslims have that toxic religion which oppresses woman ? And is strongly patriarchal.
That's the same way most if not all Christian churches as well.
Man can reach holiness not by being in Church that claims it have doctrine based on grace, he can only by really acting out of faith in action. Words, and what preacher talks on pulpit weighs nothing. Because even preachers among themselves say "just tell them stories, to understand..", like they're mocking meanings behind stories. And everyone is there just for social gathering, to receive their weekly TED talk, motivational speech.

Wife and child are commanded to submit. And if something goes wrong, it's wife and child because they didn't submitted, and not man who was responsible for them. They transfer blame same way Muslim do. I don't actually see any difference between Christians, Muslims, or some monotheistic religion. They all act in same ways.

Man can reach holiness not by being in Church that claims it have doctrine based on grace, he can only by really acting out of faith in action
I've never heard this.
The bible teaches that we all become holy by being Christ like in character, words and deeds, not through church or not church attendance.
And if something goes wrong, it's wife and child because they didn't submitted, and not man who was responsible for them. They transfer blame same way Muslim do. I don't actually see any difference between Christians, Muslims, or some monotheistic religion
Here we go again with selective bible reading.
Yes the bible teaches that Christian women should submit to their husbands.
But
The bible teaches not only should Christian men love their wife but shows how.
The example to every Christian man is to love in the same way, to the same height, depth and width as Jesus loves us.

Now there is a blatant difference between Christian marriage and Islamic marriage.
Yes there are abuses in many Christian marriages, but those abuses are contrary to Christianity, however the abuse in an Islamic marriage is inaccordance with Islamic teaching.

When you diminish Christ, as the SDA does in a cultic degree, these sorts of thing always result. Instead of Jesus being the Main Thing, Man becomes the main thing, the righteous law-keeper earning his way into God's good graces.

And no matter how perfect their doctrine sound on paper,

Any doctrine that removes the deity of Christ from him - as the SDA does - is not perfect. Far from it.

This is, more or less, how legalism plays out in any church.

But no one is accepted by God who thinks how they live, their "goodness," is the basis for His acceptance. No one is ever good enough to meet God's standard for acceptance by Him, which is His own holy perfection. Compared to God, the best of us is a vile, wretched sinner, deserving of eternal hell. It is not enough, then, for someone to be "good" in our eyes and doing their best according to what they believe; they will die in their sin if they don't come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, the one-and-only Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5) who alone possesses the perfect righteousness God requires.

Hey All,
This is what I mean by believing in modern day prophets
There was one group of people, the Nephelim, who were considered tall people.
This Ellen White lady, changes what the Bible says, to include all of the pre-flood population: Which is completely not true.

What does the Bible say about a prophet being wrong?

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

New prophecies that do not agree with the old prophecies have no light. They are not from, or of God. As such

Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Based upon this, Ellen White has spoken presumptuously, so I do not take what she said seriously.

If SDAs were consistently Scriptural, why do they continue to call her a prophet?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Okay, I take back.. BUT you know how muslims have that toxic religion which oppresses woman ? And is strongly patriarchal.
That's the same way most if not all Christian churches as well.
Man can reach holiness not by being in Church that claims it have doctrine based on grace, he can only by really acting out of faith in action. Words, and what preacher talks on pulpit weighs nothing. Because even preachers among themselves say "just tell them stories, to understand..", like they're mocking meanings behind stories. And everyone is there just for social gathering, to receive their weekly TED talk, motivational speech.

Wife and child are commanded to submit. And if something goes wrong, it's wife and child because they didn't submitted, and not man who was responsible for them. They transfer blame same way Muslim do. I don't actually see any difference between Christians, Muslims, or some monotheistic religion. They all act in same ways.
I understand what you are saying and yes, the Muslim religion is toxic!

I do not believe however that "most" Christian churches are they way. Are there "some"....of course as there is in any situation.

The Bible commands the wife to submitt to the husband only for the purpose of responsibility.

Submission does not imply an inherent inferiority. Christ is equal in status to the Father but willingly submits himself to his Father’s will.

I've never heard this.
The bible teaches that we all become holy by being Christ like in character, words and deeds, not through church or not church attendance.

Here we go again with selective bible reading.
Yes the bible teaches that Christian women should submit to their husbands.
But
The bible teaches not only should Christian men love their wife but shows how.
The example to every Christian man is to love in the same way, to the same height, depth and width as Jesus loves us.

Now there is a blatant difference between Christian marriage and Islamic marriage.
Yes there are abuses in many Christian marriages, but those abuses are contrary to Christianity, however the abuse in an Islamic marriage is inaccordance with Islamic teaching.
Well said.

A wife in a Islamic marriage is nothing more that a slave.

Back