Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Love is more important then Faith?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1 Corinthians 13:2 says;

if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Why Love is more important than Faith. By faith you can mouve mountain and do impossible, but with love you gain nothing, but only give, because you love when you give, like God so love the world, that he gave his Begotten Son. John 3:16

Why Love is more important than Faith. By faith you can move mountain and do impossible, but with love you gain nothing, but only give, because you love when you give, like God so love the world, that he gave his Begotten Son. John 3:16
Interesting concept, but love always gives back something.
Our faith may manifest the life and death of our Lord, but our love for others always manifests the life and death of our Lord.

For example what does Love give back?
Love breeds love.
If I give a needy person some money, that person just might be an angel of God. (Heb 13:2)
My love will end up with Jesus saying..."Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matt 25:34-40)
My love may cause others to love later in their lives.
BTW, welcome to the site !

Why Love is more important than Faith. By faith you can mouve mountain and do impossible, but with love you gain nothing, but only give, because you love when you give, like God so love the world, that he gave his Begotten Son. John 3:16
Hey All,
John, your faith is what God gives to you. Your love, that you give to others, through the faith God has given you, is then sharing God's love with them.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
John, your faith is what God gives to you. Your love, that you give to others, through the faith God has given you, is then sharing God's love with them.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Yes, if you think about it, Gods love is given us through faith...

Though love is greater than faith (1 Corinthians 13:13), this doesn't mean faith isn't important. Love and faith are both essential to walking with God.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please God...

Romans 1:17
17 ...The just shall live by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight...

Love, at its core, is desire. When we desire God, and desire Him more than anything else, we have both the right focus - God - and the most powerful motive for our obedience to Him. This is what Paul is getting at in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6 NIV

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

JLB

Welcome aboard

Faith applied to mountains falls short of Agape love applied to people. Gods love is both rod and staff.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The Bible says that love is greater than both faith and hope, for without love we would have no faith or hope in the Lord, 1Corinthians 13:13. Love is the greatest of all God's commandments, Matthew 22:34-40.

Hey All,
Because love, specifically the love of God, from God to us, is everlasting Prophet John Julfayan.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Now abideth faith, hope, and charity. But when we enter the Kingdom of Heaven, faith and hope will no longer be necessary. We will know. (What a cool that will be.)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Amen,

This Might take Wisdom (Literally and in Spirit)
John. One can not exist without the other as a tree can not be anything without the farmer and the seed.
The Seed that was, The unBegotten who was the Light in the Beginning from His Word.
The Farmer that is and yet to come, The First Begotten who has come to Seed through the Spirit and Harvest.
John, Through Faith we acquire Love. But we can not acquire Faith through Love.
Faith: It is the assurity and conviction and reproofing of the what is not seen; only then can you have faith that produces Love.
Love: He is Love. Love is a product of the Spirit whom was sent by Him.

Amen, Take this Knowledge. Literal and figurative.

John. One is impossible to attain without both through the one. How do open a door without a key? How do you have a key without a door?, Do you see that having one is having nothing. How may you suckle from the nectar within the fruit without the tree that produced 're fruit planted by the farmer from the seed? Void, Nothing.
Victor, Love is the production from Faith. To attain Love one needs to know what defines Faith by He. Acquiring Faith; is to learn of the Spirit which He will give you. You'll know the Love through Faithfulness.
Amen, free to ask for more and I will tell you.
Tip: Faithfulness requires action of the Spirit to become a product of Love.

Its about getting to the goal

Reminder: This is the Q&A forum. The rules of this forum require that we address the OPs questions only. Please keep this in mind going forward.

agree
Yet the bible hammers away
**My people PERISH fora lack of knowledge***
I mean agape is the highest,,, but........how R U going to know how/when/where to agape, w/o knowledge????

Try "experiential knowledge". I.e. Living in union with Yeshua Messiah Daily, Learning From Him and from ABBA Yahweh in harmony completely with the Bible.

Jesus: "If you love Me, you will obey Me".
Jesus: "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed....." mountains are no problem.
Jesus: "If you ask anything in My Name, you will have it" ...... (Jesus' Way though, not man's way)

[Why Love is more important than Faith?
If I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
Why Love is more important than Faith. By faith you can move mountain and do impossible, but with love you gain nothing, but only give, because you love when you give, like God so loved the world, that he gave his Begotten Son. John 3:16]

If the term importance suggests purpose, a Q then is, important for what? Do we mean that God’s love is more core, more central, to God’s nature, and to ours? If so, I ask whether a bulb is more important than its flower and leaves. That three things remain—though Paul wasn’t too literal here (knowledge remains; fellowship remains, etc)—the fact that hope and faith are less mega than love, does not mean that they are unimportant (else why would they remain into eternity?): all are part of a network, a complex (1 Cor.13:13). In my laptop the CPU is perhaps more important than my keyboard, but both are kinda good together: there is a complex idea of importance together. Likewise my brain is more important than my heart.

Which is more important for a young child, a mother or a father? Perhaps we may generalise and answer that, but husband and wife together are more important than either alone. With love & faith, I don’t think it’s a case of analysing a most important and ditching the rest. And faith has layers of meaning. I have faith in my chair. But in its sense of welcome-faith (Jhn.1:12), without such faith I cannot please God whom I have come to love through such faith.

It is true that some boast in their faith to move mountains, yet don’t have God’s love. They would be better off having God’s love without the faith to move mountains. I might be better off if of the two they only have faith to move mountains so as to cure my illness. Ideally they would have both, as Paul did: good for me; better for them. And some lack the love they claim (1 Jhn.3:17), for with such love goes gifting of attitude, so if one lacks that attitude, one is lacking in God’s love. Our of a nature—a noun of love—flows the actions—the verb of love: love loves.

PS: on Jhn.3:16, begotten is mistranslation: μονογενης has the idea not of begottenness, but of uniqueness, some one-of-a-kind-ness. This is merely a comment on NT Greek; the Creedal stance on eternal unbegottenness/begottenness/spiration is helpful. Jerome tried to move the NT towards the Creeds, and the KJV suffers from his alteration of the Latin translation. The same word is in Heb.11:17, which Calvin explained away by saying that Ishmael was ‘dead’ to Abraham, a misleading claim based on outdated Greek, avoiding Gen.25:1-2, and trusting to Jeromian translations. Isaac was not his only begotten, but his special son by a miracle to Sarah.

Back