Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Yes, Christmas is approaching...:)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It is a beautiful state. That is why they call it the "Land of Enchantment." I remember the days when I was a no stripper. The pay was nothing. And you came in after Regan gave raises to the military.
Yes! Even as hard as it was starting out, I still realized that it was waaaaay better than what it had been before Reagan.

I went in the 1978 when Carter was in office. He didn't care about the military and we were not making much at all. Regan raised everybody's salaries by 20% or something like that in 1981. By that time I was a Senior Airman so I was making a pretty good salary.
Sr. Airman, E-4, right? (It's been a long time, lol).

Sr. Airmen and Sgt. were both E-4, if I remember correctly. But they made it so you prolly had to reenlist to snag Sgt., if memory serves me correctly.

Why not Minot? Even in Grand Forks Minot was the brunt of jokes.

Wow! You're kidding, right? Lol.

Well, Buffalo, NY is kind of good for shopping trips...

Like between Christmas and New Year...
How do you get there at that time of year...snowmobile? Lol.

Oops, sorry...snow machine. (My sister lives in Alaska, I know about some of this stuff.)

No, it was Grand Forks. I hated to cold there so when I got out I moved to Arizona for 23 years. When I married my husband we decided to move to New Mexico. We both love to live in the country and Phoenix was getting a little crowded. Greg also couldn't handle the heat. He would get heat rashes all over his body. Where we live now is higher than Phoenix so it is 10 to 15 degrees cooler. It snows here every winter but rarely stays on very long.

I don't know where Farouk lives, but Upper Michigan doesn't seem like a summer destiny to me. New Mexico is a beautiful state as far as I am concerned.

Ms Sandy:

Go east from Upper Michigan...over the other side of Lake Huron...

(Did you know that Upper Michigan was given to Michigan as an exchange for giving up claims to Toledo, Ohio? :) )

BTW: I guess that Minot ND has it real Christmassy for a long while...:)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back