Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 1 Timothy 4:12

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Skillet

1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.†(NIV)

I think Paul is saying here that we need to set an example for others by showing how we live, how we love and how big our faith is, and that we shouldn't let others put us down.

Hi [MENTION=96812]Skillet[/MENTION],

I think your right!

When we look at Timothy, we see that he is a great young man of faith! Paul says that this same faith was seen in Timothy's Grandmother Lois, and then his mother Eunice and Paul is convinced that this same faith now resides in Timothy. ( 2 Timothy 1:5 ). In other words, Timothy had Godly examples before him who taught him well, and he received this same faith well. Well enough that Paul believed that Timothy could be an example of what a Godly person is to look like both in speech and in action (life), love, faith and purity.

I often tell my child that he can be an example to his friends who don't know how God wants us to live. He struggles with this at times, but I have great faith in him that he's going to do alright, just like Paul knew Timothy was going to do alright... just like any young man will be when they hold on to the Godly teachings of others with faith.

We should live without condemnation of others, our lives should reflect what we believe, our speech should reflect what we claim to believe, and our conduct should reflect the love that dwells within us through the Holy Spirit. That's my thoughts anyway :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back