Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study A Fertile Soil for planting Evil

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As the cornerstone of our Salvation and all of it's fruits is Christ Jesus,(Isa. 28:16) (Psalms 118:22) (Acts 4:11-12) (Matt. 21:42) Even as pride is the cornerstone of evil and all of it's desires. All sin is planted in the fertile field of pride. In fact, the first and beginning of sin started with pride (Ezek.. 28:14-19) (Isa. 14:12-17)

Pride bears much poison fruit. It always wants to be the: First; best; smartest; have the most of everything; the best of everything above anyone else. (and he does not care how he achieves it) Pride wants acknowledgment of it's bounty by his peers, and flaunts his material possessions. It grieves him when someone does not agree with his wisdom. He takes his position in life to lord it over others, Brags about his sacrifices to help other, but has no idea what a sacrifice is. He is wiser than God, teaching the doctrines of man. He looks at being a member of KofC or M's L as as being a justified entrance into the Kingdom of God (assurance by pride). yet he can not discern the teaching of a gifted teacher and interrupts the gift of the messenger
And it is in every natural man from birth to do such. And while the natural man can do good things by his mind. The born again believer does good things naturally by the heart. For he has died to self and is alive to Christ. Someone posted that what God does is His business, but I say, we are His business.

Last edited:
We most certainly are His business Douglas.. seems that man hasn't learned much since this was written...

Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Douglas, what a dynamite message to this Forum. I hope everyone takes your instruction to heart, including my self, actually I need it more than anyone. I will study your post and your further comments with seriousness, asking our God to forgive the sin of pride that lurks in my heart. I'm just being honest here.

I so want Jesus to get all the Glory for what He accomplishes thru me and my service to Him. Just like the Apostle Paul...Romans 7:15 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I."....O how I hate pride!! Pride is a thief, it steals what belongs to the Christ of YHWH Jesus the Son of God. Jesus died so He could forgive me and others from the sin of pride.

I have to be very careful in this area of pride. I have learned recently, and its almost constantly on my mind, to "Keep my heart". If I'm faithful to keep my heart, Jesus will be faithful to...Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

So, thank you for this important warning & instruction on pride.

Douglas, what a dynamite message to this Forum. I hope everyone takes your instruction to heart, including my self, actually I need it more than anyone. I will study your post and your further comments with seriousness, asking our God to forgive the sin of pride that lurks in my heart. I'm just being honest here.

I so want Jesus to get all the Glory for what He accomplishes thru me and my service to Him. Just like the Apostle Paul...Romans 7:15 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I."....O how I hate pride!! Pride is a thief, it steals what belongs to the Christ of YHWH Jesus the Son of God. Jesus died so He could forgive me and others from the sin of pride.

I have to be very careful in this area of pride. I have learned recently, and its almost constantly on my mind, to "Keep my heart". If I'm faithful to keep my heart, Jesus will be faithful to...Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

So, thank you for this important warning & instruction on pride.
Hi Chopper, The fact that we recognize pride in our members is because the Holy Spirit in the born again believer gives us bountiful Grace, for we are not under law because we are in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8:1-4). It is not that we have to seek Christ day after day to be saved, but that being eternally in Christ as we are born again is the result of no condemnation, for Christ is our propitiation (mercy seat) and the Holy Spirit is our armor.

We most certainly are His business Douglas.. seems that man hasn't learned much since this was written...

Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Yes, man thinks God has changed His mind (something He does not do) But He is showing His mercy and sanctification to those that had the same humble heart towards God as Noah through Jesus Christ, before He brings His wrath to bear, (as He intended) before His Grace upon Noah's humble heart.

When man chose to have his mind illuminated by the devil rather than listening to the spirit of God he alienated himself from his creator such is the spirit of antichrist.. The selfsame spirit we see the world being saturated with today.. pride arrogance and rebellion..

Hi Chopper, The fact that we recognize pride in our members is because the Holy Spirit in the born again believer gives us bountiful Grace, for we are not under law because we are in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8:1-4). It is not that we have to seek Christ day after day to be saved, but that being eternally in Christ as we are born again is the result of no condemnation, for Christ is our propitiation (mercy seat) and the Holy Spirit is our armor.

Thank you Douglas. Your post really struck home for me. Before I was saved, I was a successful business owner. After I was saved, the Churches that I was the Pastor, the Lord thru me was very successful in saving many sinners. Since I already had a pride issue as a business man, it carried into serving the Lord. Consequently, I've had to fight against pride my whole life.

I am blessed because the Holy Spirit certainly is my Helper in this fight. I'm so dependent on Jesus to help to...Proverbs 4:23 "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back