Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam Was Not Deceived, But Eve Was...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This element of blaming it on the woman occurs again in the Pauline epistles.

The Qur'an only places equal blame on both Adam and Eve. I sort of dislike how people use the narrative of Adam and Eve to lower women at fault. It is sort of like saying "your ancestor is to blame for all of the misery in the world".

This is just my 2 cents :biggrin

If you agree with her above, then you must disagree with your previous premise because both can't be true.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make StoveBolts? Are you trying to prove me wrong on something?

A review of my of first post will reveal:

An interesting conjecture, for sure. Comments?

A rather light hearted thread and conjecture. Nothing heavy here. Nothing to be upset about about. I simply surmised that perhaps Adam loved Eve so much that he ate of the fruit. I am at a loss to see your point or where you want to go with it. :chin

[MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION],

Not trying to prove you wrong, just talkin about stuff just like you are.

If we look back in the story, before the fall, everything was in perfect unity. Adam was in perfect union with God and Adam was in perfect union with Eve. God walked among Adam and Eve freely and Adam refereed to Eve as "Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh". When we look at why Eve was created, it was because God saw that Adam was lonely aka didn't have a suitable helper, and it's the first place God says that something in His creation isn't good.

Earlier (Prior to Eve) God told Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge lest he die. Adam passed this command to Eve and as such, A husband is supposed to lead, guide and protect his wife. Adam's responsibility toward Eve was to keep her from danger. But more so in this situation, he was to protect her from death because death means separation.

When talking about love, Paul writes to the church in Corinth about love in chapter 13 and in that chapter he says that love always protects. In regard to Eve, we know that she was beguiled or simply put, she was tricked. On the other hand, Adam willfully disobeyed. It is at this point it's good to understand the Torah and the sacrificial law because it helps us to understand that God sees sin and responds to sins differently. For example, God treats sin committed in ignorance differently than he does willful disobedience which always carries a harsher sentence. This is also why Paul says that sin entered into the world through the disobedience of one man.

If love protects, then Adam would have protected Eve by leading her her to repentance and he would have guided her toward God. Instead, he disobeyed God and by doing so, he finds difference with her. He no longer calls Eve "bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh" but instead he says to God, This is the woman YOU gave me. They no longer look at each other as one and as a result, they hide that which is different from each other. The bond is broken and the perfect unity shattered not only between Adam and Eve, but also with all of creation. Innocent animals were killed to hide their differences and where lush vegetation grew, thorns and thistles would grown. And no longer are the days that one toils and reaps his harvest, because one could work the ground and it would only produce thistles and thorns. By one act from one man, all of creation was fractured, which is why Paul writes in Romans 8 that the whole creation groans.

If you are saying that Adam disobeyed God because he loved Eve, then that's not a biblical love. Actually, its typically just a selfish ambition misconstrued as love.

God showed us what real love is through is Son Jesus. Jesus was obedient to the cross as he said, "Not my will, but your will be done".

So while I'm not out to "prove" you wrong, I am simply telling the story the way it's been told for thousands of years... and I think it agrees with what Paul writes in much of his letters.

Now that's a very interesting point you make there StoveBolts and given your most excellent explanation of what you meant...I would have to agree with you. That makes a lot of sense brother. Gods love is a perfect love and in this light, Adams love for Eve (even if he had *perhaps* felt he doing it in love)...it was a fractured an imperfect love but then that wouldn't quite fit then would it? Because before Adam ate the fruit with her, he was still non fractured and had Gods perfect love within him. (does that make sense? lol)

Therefore , he didn't do it out of love.

Exactly. In our fractured world we have to be careful what we call love. Love is more than a warm fuzzy feeling or deep personal desire. As Christians we look to the Bible, and Paul tells us what and how love is manifested. We find this in 1 Corinthians 13.

God bless

Exactly. In our fractured world we have to be careful what we call love. Love is more than a warm fuzzy feeling or deep personal desire. As Christians we look to the Bible, and Paul tells us what and how love is manifested. We find this in 1 Corinthians 13.

That's a good point also. We do have to be careful what we call love. This is what get a lot of young girls hurt. They think they're in love, are not, and get used and hurt. After pouring their hearts and bodies into their desire to be loved. Sometimes girls get on facebook saying they're done with love and men and so forth because they're tired of being hurt. They misunderstand what true love really is. I have an inkling of it, and have told them before to keep their defenses up and perhaps try not to fall in love, because when true love really does come along...there is no defense that will stand up to it. (LOL). They will be swept off their feet and not know what hit them. But I digress. Those are good scriptures to read in 1 Cor 13, Being born in a fractured world and learning all the wrong things...now as I read scriptures, I feel as if I know nothing and am only now learning how to live properly. Reading scriptures and getting revelations of truth just makes things click at times. The right revelation from the HS or right combination of words from a person (as in your previous post) does this sometimes. *Click*. Praise the Lord! Poor Eve. She takes a lot of heat that she shouldn't I think.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back