Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipses, and the Warnings of Coronavirus, War, Earthquakes and Famine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

hawkman

Staff member
Total Solar Eclipses, and the Warnings of Coronavirus, War, Earthquakes and Famine

This page compiles multiple commentaries together. The first commentary originally appeared in the August 18, 2017, edition of Koenig's Eye View from the White House. Some additional comments from the 2020-2022 time frame have been added below after the end of the first commentary. Another commentary from April 15, 2022 is also included further below as well as some newer comments.

In direct opposition to God's Word, in contrast to John21:25 .... ".... things which Jesus did ..."
is
all the multitudes of things , all deceptive, from the enemy, uncountable continual deceptions , every year ...

Luke 21:
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Acts 2
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
Well, we can certainly see that the sun did not turn into total darkness and stay that way as described in Matthew 24:29, but only to those who were in the path of seeing the full eclipse, unlike us in the south which did not get to see this. The moon passed in front of the sun only blocking it's light in certain areas and certainly did not turn blood red. We really need to be careful of all these doom day theories that come down the pike given by man and truly read what the word of God says.

Read the word for what it says:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

No stars falling or the powers of the heavens being shaken. The important thing, as all these things must come first before the return of Christ, is to be prepared as being the Bride of Christ He returns for.

We really need to be careful of all these doom day theories that come down the pike given by man and truly read what the word of God says.
Yes , we do need to be careful . I thought it was interesting the two links I put up to see what others are thinking about the times we live in :) . Food for thought you could say .

I thought it was interesting the two links I put up to see what others are thinking about the times we live in :) .

I think it's interesting too, interesting times we are alive in. I still think that we are close, that the April 8 eclipse is a sign, in a long line of signs. I think it means we're so close we don't even have to talk about it.

Be silent before the Lord, all flesh.

Silence in Heaven for about the space of half an hour. Half a "hora". Half a Heptad. While the Two Witnesses lay dead in the streets of the "Great City". Go to the "Great City" and tell Nineveh they have 40 days to repent.

I still think we are much closer to the actual second coming than is being widely recognized. I'm on pins and needles.

I think we're right up against the 7th seal, the 7th trumpet, and the 7th vial. The frog like demons have already been sent out to gather the kings of the earth for that great battle.

I think we're at this verse:

(“Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!”)​

It's happening virtually undetected. Right before our eyes. A thief comes silently, invisible, not observed, not noticed, or detected.. Like in the days of Noah, the people are not going to realize it until the flood comes and takes them all away.

I could even make a case that the 7th seal is already opened half way through 2021.

"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."​

There reads a mystery in the chronology of Revelation at times, but when the 7th seal is opened, "there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. That half an hour is probably not a literal 30 minutes as we know it. It could be, but it might not be. I can make a case for it to be 3.5 days, 3 and a half years, or half of a heptad, half of the "seven" that we are in right now.

The word "hour" comes from the Greek word "hora." The "Horae" were the three mythological goddesses of the seasons— spring, summer and winter. This was before autumn was recognized as a season. Their names were Eunomia, Dike and Eirene, mean- ing Good Order, Justice and Peace, guardians of the orderly suc- cession of the processes of nature.​
"Hora" therefore meant "season" in a very general sense, almost synonymous with "a time." It was simply a measurable lapse of time with a beginning and an end, but with no uniform length of duration. That ancient Greek meaning of the word persisted into New Testament times even after "hora" came to be used also to mean a division of the day. Consequently, when the translators came across the word "hora," they found it very difficult to deter- mine what English word to use.​
Several times they translated "hora" as "day" ; several other times they rendered it "season," and they were correct in so doing. But in some verses where "hora" should have been translated "moment" or "instant," they rendered it "hour."​
Even in the many places in the New Testament where the word "hora" is used to indicate a period of time somewhat corresponding to our modern hour, it should be understood by the Bible reader that the New Testament hour varied greatly in length.​
There were astronomers then, to be sure, who had carefully worked out the exact length of the day from their observation of the stars and the equinoxes, and had divided the day into 24 equal parts or hours, like the ones we use today. These they measured by a clever mechanical device which they called the clepsydra, literally the water-stealer, a primitive forerunner of the clock.​
But the common people of New Testament times, in their homes and in business, knew nothing of the day of 24 equal hours. To them the day was the period between sunrise and sunset, and that was divided into 12 equal parts called hours. Of course, the hours were therefore much longer in summer than in winter. In mid- winter their hour was equal to only three-fourths of one of our hours and in midsummer was as long as our hour and a quarter. But in their leisurely method of living, they did not worry about such small matters. - Time in Bible Times, Potter, C. F.​

Interesting little link. You can probably be better to start at page 163.

So the half an hour might be half a season, half of a "seven", or half of a designated period of time based on the context.

But what ever the: "about the space of half an hour" is, it does sort of sound like the prophetic voice goes silent, a type of freeze frame pause where the Two Witnesses slumber in a deep sleep, dead in the streets of the Great City, only to be awakened by a loud voice from heaven calling "Come up here".

Peaceful Sabbath.

I still think we are much closer to the actual second coming than is being widely recognized. I'm on pins and needles.
We are not there yet; but I agree we are close. The "literal" scroll of Revelation has not been presented yet; and when the actual "seal's" are broken, it will be clear for everyone to understand. The Heaven and earth will tremble at the power that is released upon the breaking of each seal. Those who endure until the end, will know a better life when this is done; for Sin, and the Sinners who are beyond redemption will be taken from the earth.

Hi hawkman

• The maximum level of eclipse coverage will be over Washington, DC at 2:42 PM (about 81 percent). UN Resolution 242 calls for Israel to give up land for an Arab state that is Judea, Samaria and East Jerusalem. The resolution is the foundation for the peace talks.

That's not the maximum level of eclipse coverage, unless he's meaning to say the 'maximum level of eclipse coverage over Washington DC was 81%. I live in South Carolina and the maximum level of eclipse coverage is always 100% somewhere within the path of the shadow, as it was over my home. While everyone is free to consider this as they will, I don't put a lot of stock in talk about an eclipse as being one of the 'signs in the heavens'. That sign in the heavens happens pretty regularly and has since the earth was created. But it only happens over certain parts of the earth.

An ‘X’ over something is often used as a symbol of rejection. What does it mean for America when these two eclipses that are about seven years apart have paths of totality that form an ‘X’ over America with an area of overlap that is close in size to Israel?

Yeah, that's pretty sketch. I guess we'll see. And why would 'close' to the size of Israel be an indicator? I think if God wanted that to be an indicator, it would be the size of Israel... not close.

But I've never been one to think that in God's sight, the U.S. is any particularly godly nation. We're a nation of sinners pretty much like every other nation on the face of the earth. There are no godly nations, only godly people living within them. However, I have long considered that the U.S. is the beast that rises up out of the sea that we are told about in the Revelation. We are a fairly godless nation and we were created from people from all over the earth, which I think is how most theologians consider the 'coming up out of the sea' metaphor. There is also that fact that the whole earth follows after the U.S.

Now the matter of that some are expecting the poles of the sun to reverse, that would be a wonder and marvel in the heavens. We'll see. I'm fully approving that we are very, very, very close to the end of the last days and the return of Jesus. But it could yet be several years away. Jesus said that when we see these things to lift up our eyes and watch for his return. But yes, the earthquakes in diverse places certainly seems to be coming to fruition, but that is only the beginning of the birth pains. The hate and anger that we see growing in cultures and peoples is also a clear sign that certainly the love of most is growing cold.

Keep watch.

God bless,
Ted

Yeah, that's pretty sketch. I guess we'll see. And why would 'close' to the size of Israel be an indicator? I think if God wanted that to be an indicator, it would be the size of Israel... not close.
I agree with you .
Now the matter of that some are expecting the poles of the sun to reverse, that would be a wonder and marvel in the heavens. We'll see.
Oh my , have not heard that one , I will check into that . Thanks for mentioning that .
I'm fully approving that we are very, very, very close to the end of the last days and the return of Jesus. But it could yet be several years away. Jesus said that when we see these things to lift up our eyes and watch for his return. But yes, the earthquakes in diverse places certainly seems to be coming to fruition, but that is only the beginning of the birth pains. The hate and anger that we see growing in cultures and peoples is also a clear sign that certainly the love of most is growing cold.
Yes , I agree with your thoughts .
Keep watch.
Right there with you brother 🔭 .

Hey hawkman

Of course, it apparently happens about every 11 years. So the teaser that the article claims of our compasses flipping out is apparently just a teaser bait claim. So, it doesn't really portend some great marvel in the heavens.

God bless,
Ted

“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Somehow, I don't see that we're quite to the point described herein.

And his disciples asked him,
"And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’

So, we must be careful in any proclamation that 'the time has drawn near."

But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.

“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.

That has obviously already happened.

And this is sometimes 'how' God reveals these things to us. They can seem confusing. As in this case when Jesus is answering several questions put to him and we have to be able to sift out of his answer what applies to each of the questions.

Jesus begins this piece of Scripture speaking about the temple that his disciples are marveling at.

Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said, “These things which you see—the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down.”

Then the disciples follow up and ask him two questions. "when will these things be?" This, as we read through Jesus' response, seems to be asking about the temple's destruction that he just spoke of. And he doesn't seem to get to that question until we read:

“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The second question is : AND what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them. But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.

We know that this answer is not about the destruction of the temple where every stone is thrown down. We know this because between the time that he speaks these words and the destruction of the temple in 70 AD that there wasn't a lot of talk about wars. There were no signs in the sun and moon and stars. As far as we know the only odd thing that happened as regards any of the heavens was merely the darkening of the sky as he was being crucified. That doesn't seem to be equivalent to what he is describing to his disciples on this matter. The seas didn't roar and as far as we know there wasn't a period up to the destruction of the temple that we might see as men's hearts failing them or living in fear of expectation of things coming upon the earth. The world was actually pretty quiet when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed, except for in Jerusalem proper. But Jesus seems to be clearly speaking of these fears and events being of a global nature.

So, it can be a difficult passage to wade through, but I believe that Jesus does expect those who love him to figure it out. But he also does clearly warn that we not be deceived by false Christs or those who decry that the 'end is near'. So we must be careful in our discernment here, but there is discernment to be had.

Now, this is Luke's account of this teaching that Jesus gave to his disciples. Matthew also contains an account, but some passages are worded differently. In fact, Matthew records that the disciples asked three questions. His account seems to be more complete. This may be because Luke's account, as explained in the introduction to the book, is made from his efforts, after the fact, to cobble together an account 'of the things that have happened among us'. But I believe it's worth studying and when I make such proclamations that the time may be approaching, I do try to make it known that, while it could be next week... it could just as well be 100 years from now, at this point. The signs will begin to be seen clearly by those with God's Holy Spirit of discernment.

All I'm teaching is that, "Hey, these things are happening and they could portend the end is near, but no definitive claim of that can yet be made.

God bless,
Ted

In the vision while awake I seen this event. I seen the Dragon fall to earth. The sixes have began. Because you see not the upper realms you know not the this has happen, but look at the results here on earth.

Revelations 12
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

When he awakes he will see he is cast down and in chains and darkness as we are without Christ.

Revelations 12
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

But not all comes in the order you think.

Revelation 6
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

The war has to increase, before Armageddon.

Revelation 16
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

When earth is pulled from current orbit a large earthquake.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back