Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Are cladograms representative of truth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A trilobite was fosilized, but not by being stepped on by a boot. Read the link. Its not a tear down of science, because the person who was claiming it was a a trilobite crushed by a human boot wasn't even a scientist, but a pastor with an agenda who lied about what the actual scientists told him. The gate is extremely awkward if it was human and the print dimensions are not the same as human feet. Same as the last vide:ermh my, you are actually using Carl Baugh, Carl doesn't understand the differnce between fossilization and calcification.

In this specific video Carl is showing us a fosil that has not been confirmed to be human prints, but just asserted as human prints. The creation museum does not let outside scientists examine their specimens. They also never correct information when its shown to be false.

Hense the trilobyte boot print which was disproven in the 80s.
So funny, if you could think you would see that the anti-Christ agenda stands to lose too much if they aren't constantly creating fake news to perpetuate their lies .. One of us is sawing the branch off the tree from sitting on the wrong side .. You still claiming Mary Schwitzer and others didn't find extremely young dinosaur soft tissue ? Wake up my friend and shake off that hex you've fallen under ..

So funny, if you could think you would see that the anti-Christ agenda stands to lose too much if they aren't constantly creating fake news to perpetuate their lies ..
Just as I thought. Dont know enough about this stuff do you invoke the qnti Christ. Do you do the same to mathmaticians?

One of us is sawing the branch off the tree from sitting on the wrong side .. You still claiming Mary Schwitzer and others didn't find extremely young dinosaur soft tissue ?
Yep I dont believe it bavause i read the actual reports by thr researchers.
Wake up my friend and shake off that hex you've fallen under ..
How about you stop getting your science from people with a financial stake in undermining the actual research?

Just as I thought. Dont know enough about this stuff do you invoke the qnti Christ. Do you do the same to mathmaticians?

Yep I dont believe it bavause i read the actual reports by thr researchers.
How about you stop getting your science from people with a financial stake in undermining the actual research?
What came first, the chicken or the egg ?

But sadly many atheists on these forums see these cladograms as evidential support or even demonstration of established fact.

Any thoughts?
Yeah
(1) You are assuming that they are atheists unless you can offer some proof that all users of cladograms are atheists.
(2) A cladogram is not "evidential support"; it is an illustration of an hypothesis.
(3) Neither is it a demonstration of an established fact. It is a visual aid used to describe what someone believes to be accurate based on his/her understanding of available. physical, information.
many generations are already brainwashed.
Please. Basing conclusions on available evidence is not brainwashing.
Identifying people as "brainwashed" is an indication of a lack of convincing data by the one calling them brainwashed. (You, in this case.)

All that your name calling (atheist, brainwashed) accomplishes is to distract from everything you have to say and render your argument less believable.

If you don't want to come across as a crackpot then loose the name calling and stick to DATA.

iakov the fool

Yeah
(1) You are assuming that they are atheists unless you can offer some proof that all users of cladograms are atheists.
(2) A cladogram is not "evidential support"; it is an illustration of an hypothesis.
(3) Neither is it a demonstration of an established fact. It is a visual aid used to describe what someone believes to be accurate based on his/her understanding of available. physical, information.

Please. Basing conclusions on available evidence is not brainwashing.
Identifying people as "brainwashed" is an indication of a lack of convincing data by the one calling them brainwashed. (You, in this case.)

All that your name calling (atheist, brainwashed) accomplishes is to distract from everything you have to say and render your argument less believable.

If you don't want to come across as a crackpot then loose the name calling and stick to DATA.

iakov the fool

Iakov my brother...I agree with 2 and 3, but I did not say 1 (I only referred to “all atheists on THIS forum) and I stand by my statement that many in previous generations so trained, would agree that Cladograms are reliable expressions of truth (when as you said they are representations of hypothesis).

Brainwashed here just means being convinced. Their opinion has been shaped without having been presented the arguments for alternate perspectives, but you are right...even though I have endured many names and many misrepresentations of my views, character, and intelligence, I should not have used such terms. Thanks...

I only referred to “all atheists on THIS forum
So, in your opinion, who are the atheists in THIS forum? Please name them.
many in previous generations so trained, would agree that Cladograms are reliable expressions of truth
Scientists do not base their work of "truth" but, rather, on the best information they have at this point.
Your representing them as calling that truth is misrepresenting them.
Brainwashed here just means being convinced.
NO. It does not. The word brainwashed has a very specific meaning. Unless you are willing to also say that those who are "convinced" that Jesus is the Christ are also "brainwashed then you should use the word "convinced."
And please don't pretend that you did not realize that the word "brainwashed" carries a negative connotation.
Being disingenuous further damages your apologetic.
I should not have used such terms. Thanks...
You are welcome.
That was my purpose in responding; that you would realize that use of such terms damages your argument.

iakov the fool

Nothing wrong with a little mental hygiene, I've had my brainwashed .. I know what lays chicken eggs too .. Chickens :lol Not some sci-fi chart ..

I would think a cladogram shows whats common between species. It seem to me a common creator designer would share features with similiar species.

So, in your opinion, who are the atheists in THIS forum? Please name them.

Scientists do not base their work of "truth" but, rather, on the best information they have at this point.

NO. It does not. The word brainwashed has a very specific meaning. Unless you are willing to also say that those who are "convinced" that Jesus is the Christ are also "brainwashed then you should use the word "convinced."
And please don't pretend that you did not realize that the word "brainwashed" carries a negative connotation.
Being disingenuous further damages your apologetic.

You are welcome.
That was my purpose in responding; that you would realize that use of such terms damages your argument.

iakov the fool

Iakov...sorry for the delay with the Holidays, five grandchildren, and busy with my job at GotQuestions.org, it has been busy...

So, in your opinion, who are the atheists in THIS forum? Please name them

No thanks, they identify themselves. Or have you not been reading the thread.

Scientists do not base their work on "truth" but, rather, on the best information they have at this point.

Hold on Iak...

a) First off I did not say “ALL” scientists

b) As you say their work is not BASED on truth (the function of the scientific method is to explore and discover FACTS about physical reality)...it is to find truths. The problem in the case being discussed is that before there was anything that could be interpreted as “evidence”, the conclusion was already accepted as obviously true. That only occurs as a “belief” or as the result of one’s programming.

c) In this case, I am referring to those individuals who interpret the evidence though the lens of the pre-conceived conclusion, using the “belief” to shape the interpretation of the data as opposed to letting the data determine the conclusion (this is backward science according to the correct application of the method). Another prime example is seen clearly in the facts of “speciation” as opposed to the man-made story they believe to be correct.

d) And YES some of them call this INTERPRETATION of this cladogram “truth”! Now please note that I did not say “all”. As you can see in some of the scientists I presented some are opened minded enough to question. SOME (not all) believe it is real, though not demonstrated to be true while the rest merely use these techniques as tools and ways of representing or organizing the data (which is what they actually are).

So in the case of THIS OP, this cladogram is using the data to REPRESENT (with the intent of indicating a truth value) the 150 year old pre-conceived, generationally indoctrinated, thus accepted “belief” that this alleged ancestor of the gaps actually exists.

The data (though it can be interpreted in this way through the pre-held belief) does not at all indicate this, and can be interpreted to only imply similarity of some of the form and functions of these various creatures (not at all a lineal relationship of one coming from or becoming the other). And as I pointed out before, yes SOME YECs make the same logic error interpreting the evidence through THEIR pre-conceived lens (they likewise being brainwashed in the sense I used the term)

Brainwashing: a method for systematically changing attitudes or altering beliefs, any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion. Synonymous with: to be persuaded; conditioned; reeducated; propagandized, and so on.

Once upon a time there was a belief most doubted. It was that single celled creatures of old became multicelled creatures that became the earliest creatures we have discovered (such as Nautilus and Triops Cancriformis and so on. And that these later became fish which became amphibians which became reptiles which became birds and mammals and so on up to man. In this totally confabulated lineage assumption naturally they already assumed that some form of early monkeys became apes and some form of early ape-kind became humans.

At this time it was claimed that their interpretation of the fossil record demonstrated this and as time passed and more questions were posed other lines of evidence (mostly homological in nature) arose which were INTERPRETED under the assumption the preconceived "belief" was true. This has been reinforced over generations by the punishment reward system of education (spit back this or fail), which is "Outcome Based" (what to think taking precedence over how to think), the shaping of public opinion (using all the standard means of rhetoricians and propagandists including drill and repetition, associated positive and negative adjectives, euphemisms, contrived image imprinting, and selective coverage and selective exclusion and more) and hours every week of one's life being devoted to teaching the preconceived as established truth all the way through college to the legislative and judicial exclusion of teaching the controversy regarding those precopnceived conclusions.

I mentioned "speciation" as one example where the preconception dictates that this causes the transmutation mentioned (fish to amphibs, to reps to mammals from monkeys to apes to man and so on) when all that nature demonstrates to us (the actual evidence) and ALL that we have found in laboratory experiments is that it produces variety of the same kind. However, when one CLAIMS to base their conclusion on the observable evidence and that all and only evidence says their conclusion is in error yet they cannot cognize the need to change their thinking (letting the data SHAPE the hypothesis) and at least consider the alternative may ion fact be true, this IS indicative of being brainwashed.

As Goebbels said If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it...It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Now he was using his knowledge of this reliable fact to convince of a political/sociological purpose but this is not different then if we merely change the word "State" into "ruling pedegoguery" or legislatively approved "curriculum developers", The assumption rules the interpretation among most of all who were subject to the process. Once convinced they cannot see the forest from the trees.

Iakov...sorry for the delay with the Holidays, five grandchildren, and busy with my job at GotQuestions.org, it has been busy...

So, in your opinion, who are the atheists in THIS forum? Please name them

No thanks, they identify themselves. Or have you not been reading the thread.

Scientists do not base their work on "truth" but, rather, on the best information they have at this point.

Hold on Iak...

a) First off I did not say “ALL” scientists

b) As you say their work is not BASED on truth (the function of the scientific method is to explore and discover FACTS about physical reality)...it is to find truths. The problem in the case being discussed is that before there was anything that could be interpreted as “evidence”, the conclusion was already accepted as obviously true. That only occurs as a “belief” or as the result of one’s programming.

c) In this case, I am referring to those individuals who interpret the evidence though the lens of the pre-conceived conclusion, using the “belief” to shape the interpretation of the data as opposed to letting the data determine the conclusion (this is backward science according to the correct application of the method). Another prime example is seen clearly in the facts of “speciation” as opposed to the man-made story they believe to be correct.

d) And YES some of them call this INTERPRETATION of this cladogram “truth”! Now please note that I did not say “all”. As you can see in some of the scientists I presented some are opened minded enough to question (even though they believe in the end this will be borne out). SOME (not all) believe it is real, though not demonstrated to be true (hence the brainwashed), while the rest merely use these techniques as tools and ways of representing or organizing the data (which is what they actually are).

So in the case of THIS OP, this cladogram is using the data to REPRESENT (with the intent of indicating a truth value) the 150 year old pre-conceived, generationally indoctrinated, thus accepted “belief” that this alleged ancestor of the gaps actually exists.

The data (though it can be interpreted in this way through the pre-held belief) does not at all indicate this, and can be interpreted to only imply similarity of some of the form and functions of these various creatures (not at all a lineal relationship of one coming from or becoming the other). And as I pointed out before, yes SOME YECs make the same logic error interpreting the evidence through THEIR pre-conceived lens (they likewise being brainwashed in the sense I used the term)

Brainwashing: a method for systematically changing attitudes or altering beliefs, any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion. Synonymous with: to be persuaded; conditioned; reeducated; propagandized, and so on.

Once upon a time there was a belief most doubted. It was that single celled creatures of old became multicelled creatures that became the earliest creatures we have discovered (such as Nautilus and Triops Cancriformis and so on. And that these later became fish which became amphibians which became reptiles which became birds and mammals and so on up to man. In this totally confabulated lineage assumption naturally they already assumed that some form of early monkeys became apes and some form of early ape-kind became humans.

At this time it was claimed that their interpretation of the fossil record demonstrated this and as time passed and more questions were posed other lines of evidence (mostly homological in nature) arose which were INTERPRETED under the assumption the preconceived "belief" was true. This has been reinforced over generations by the punishment reward system of education (spit back this or fail), which is "Outcome Based" (what to think taking precedence over how to think), the shaping of public opinion (using all the standard means of rhetoricians and propagandists including drill and repetition, associated positive and negative adjectives, euphemisms, contrived image imprinting, and selective coverage and selective exclusion and more) and hours every week of one's life being devoted to teaching the preconceived as established truth all the way through college to the legislative and judicial exclusion of teaching the controversy regarding those precopnceived conclusions.

I mentioned "speciation" as one example where the preconception dictates that this causes the transmutation mentioned (fish to amphibs, to reps to mammals from monkeys to apes to man and so on) when all that nature demonstrates to us (the actual evidence) and ALL that we have found in laboratory experiments is that it produces variety of the same kind. However, when one CLAIMS to base their conclusion on the observable evidence and that all and only evidence says their conclusion is in error yet they cannot cognize the need to change their thinking (letting the data SHAPE the hypothesis) and at least consider the alternative may ion fact be true, this IS indicative of being brainwashed.

As Goebbels said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it...It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Now he was using his knowledge of this reliable fact to convince of a political/sociological purpose but this is not different then if we merely change the word "State" into "ruling pedegoguery" or legislatively approved "curriculum developers", The assumption rules the interpretation among most of all who were subject to the process. Once convinced they cannot see the forest from the trees.

NOT synonymous with "persuaded." (One may be persuaded by the demonstration of the accuracy of a proposition.)
NOT synonymous with "conditioned." Conditioned can also mean "trained." (Ex: "The Ranger has been conditioned to go for several days without sleep in order to accomplish an assigned task.")
VERY CLOSE to the same meaning as "re-educated."
NOT synonymous with "propagandized." Every time I turn on the TV I am being propagandized.

brain·wash
ˈbrānˌwôSH,ˈbrānˌwäSH/
verb
verb: brainwash; 3rd person present: brainwashes; past tense: brainwashed; past participle: brainwashed; gerund or present participle: brainwashing
To make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

1. Proper use of language is very important in the communication of ideas.
2. Misuse of language makes the communication of ideas difficult.
3. Abuse of language (often identifiable by the use of logical fallacies) is an offense against the receiver of the communication and commonly an attempt to deceive. (Politicians only do it when their mouths are moving.)

Language is my shtick.

iakov the fool

NOT synonymous with "persuaded." (One may be persuaded by the demonstration of the accuracy of a proposition.)
NOT synonymous with "conditioned." Conditioned can also mean "trained." (Ex: "The Ranger has been conditioned to go for several days without sleep in order to accomplish an assigned task.")
VERY CLOSE to the same meaning as "re-educated."
NOT synonymous with "propagandized." Every time I turn on the TV I am being propagandized.

brain·wash
ˈbrānˌwôSH,ˈbrānˌwäSH/
verb
verb: brainwash; 3rd person present: brainwashes; past tense: brainwashed; past participle: brainwashed; gerund or present participle: brainwashing
To make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

1. Proper use of language is very important in the communication of ideas.
2. Misuse of language makes the communication of ideas difficult.
3. Abuse of language (often identifiable by the use of logical fallacies) is an offense against the receiver of the communication and commonly an attempt to deceive. (Politicians only do it when their mouths are moving.)

Language is my shtick.

iakov the fool

Fair enough...love you brother, and let's pray for a better year for all....love one another as He has loved us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back