Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Atheistic friend.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

dustnmyeye

My best friend needs prayer. I need prayer. She turned from God a few years ago, and I just confronted her about it. I was afraid, but God finally pushed me to do it. She said:

"I never understood a very important thing for me about christianity. I never understood why a god so great would after an infinite amount of time decide to make humans to worship him, but even though hes in control of everything still lets the devil do whatever and let humans sin to punish them once they die. Though we could never understand his reasonings, my mind is so designed to understand things and their logical sense. I couldnt find it. And faith just wasnt enough for me i guess... I couldnt continue to believe something i didnt understand. In the process of realizing this i felt so scared. I wanted to believe. But i stopped going to church cause i felt like i wasnt meaning what i was singing & sometimes i didnt sing because i didnt mean it. Then i stopped going. I didnt want to pretend or feel like i should. I had nightmares for months about dying and waking up frantically knowing i would go to hell. I would pray, jesus, i still believe in you! But i knew it was only a selfish attempt to not go to hell"

Rereading this, I'm so scared for her. I love her with all of my heart...picturing her like this kills me. I never knew that she was doubting...I didn't find out until a year ago.

I can't do this by myself. God has to change her heart. Please pray for us.

Hey I know what your feeling. I fell away from God and it was the most terrible thing I ever did. It started out as just not going to church, then I stopped reading and praying, and then I was in the world. It got to the point that I got into a sever fight with my brother, he got a restraining order, and I was on the streets. Make a long story short, I got into the wrong crowd, gangs and violence, and became or tried to become an athiest. My reason was because I was offended in the church, people I was praying for werent getting saved and so forth. anyhow I became so angry at God that I literally cursed him and overdosed. I got onto the highway and creashed going 80. I died twice in the hospital. The first time I was in heaven which is a long story in of itself. the second time I saw demons. I wont go into much detail but when I saw the first demon The lord said to me, "This is the source of your torment," God wasnt punishing me at all. he also showed me that I was the only person interceeding for certain people and that he needed me here. Yes he did hear my prayers and showed me that they will be saved on his timing. He also showed me faces of people that I would meet and it is starting to happen I am actually meeting those people at least a few of them. A few weeks later I went to a prophetic conference and had three prophesies spoken over me and all confirmed what God had showed me before he sent me back. I got a lot of revelation on different matters including my life. I will say that what is going on in your life is purely satanic in nature. Your friend has walked away from god because she was decieved and you have a tender heart that doesnt want to see her perish. You pray and nothing seems to happen. I am seeing a chain holding your friend and it is starting to engulf you. You need to stand up grab the chain and pull against the devil in the name of jesus and declare that your friend belongs to christ in jesus name. fast and pray and declare victory in jesus name. dont give up, God hears your prayers. Jesus said if you ask according to my will it will be done. It is not his will that one should perish so he will do it. believe that he will do it and he will. God showed me that worrying actually gets in the way of his miraculas power. you not only need to pray and fast, but declare that your friend will come back to christ in jesus name. I hope this helps, I dont want anyone to go down the path that I took because being in the world a second time is much worse than the first. I'll be praying for you.

Wow, your story is astounding. It's a wake up call that things like this actually do happen...you truly have witnessed a miracle. Thank you for sharing this with me, and thank you for the advice, and most importantly, thank you for the prayer. I hadn't thought of my friend's situation in this context before. It's disturbing to think that she has given into the demons that used to plague her...

I will continue to pray for my friend. Do you think that I should confront her again?

dustnmyeye said:
Do you think that I should confront her again?

I'm not a Christian, but that's why I'm advising on this- having had similar situations to hers.
If you keep badgering her about, it will most likely just upset her and make her annoyed with you. I don't know her personality, but when I get really annoyed with people, I just ignore them completely. I'm guessing neither you nor she want that (but then again, I don't know her personality).

Also, continually confronting people about difference in religious beliefs and trying to get them to change their beliefs tends to break apart friendships. I'm talking about all religion/lack or religion, for the confront-er and person being confronted.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back