Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Besides praying what else can I do for this young man?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello there.I love this forum!

Let me tell of what has brought me here in the first place and why I need your help and prayers. I met this young man (i am young myself) through various internet networking sites before we ended up emailing each other in facebook.

The first time I saw his picture I felt a tremendous pull towards him, a surge of energy , like I was supposed to talk to him. However this seldom happens to me , I am of a very neutral temperament and haven't been attracted to anyone IN YEARS actually but with him was another story.

With the time I discovered a had A LOT in common with him. I also felt what people call "deja-vu" sensation in my head whenever we were making contact . And then I started to have very vivid and lucid dreams about him , which some amazingly matched what he said or did in the next days or weeks,it has always been this way with me, I have always had premonitory , prophetic dreams ever since I was a child and now a connection from beyond has been established with this particular person and I cannot back out.

He says he feel a connection with me too. I noticed that when I first contact him in facebook , his behavior changed as if something was making him uncomfortable. He posted a blasphemous video with obscenities about how god or jesus wasnt the only way and more lyrics of that sort . He doesnt know im a christian , but he knows I believe in god .

By the way, he believes in god too but the New Age community version . He says he's being contacted by aliens or beings from other dimensions. That there are balls of lights that hover over his house and appear on his dreams, after I contacted him he says the "lights" have started talking to him , however after I asked and asked he told me he contacts what many people call "demons" JackPot! I knew he was into something ! I emailed him back about what exactly these lights are and what they teach ? he hasnt replied to me yet.

I should admit I was into New Age myself until the holy spirit drove me away from so many lies. Its a ground where nothing is bad, and nothing is really good, full of confusing teaching and hes buying into them all.

One day he told of a dream in which he saw me completely naked , and I also saw him naked many nights ago in another dream but i didnt told him of this dream and we do NOT talk about sex, or lustful topics so I dont know, I think there are playful spirits inducing him to believe im just a piece of meat and not to listen to me about anything. I know demons can do this.

He's not an idiot , but very smart ,sincere and sensitive but is being seduced by these spirits and I am already praying for him but still have many questions . What else can I do besides praying ,without sending him away from me by being too pushy or extreme (im trying my best not to scare him away and lose him ) can you guys pray with me please? I will not reveal his name here but please send me a private message and I will reveal it to you there.

I feel like god has sent me to him , to help him out of this mess .The spirit activity got stronger when I came by , it is a sign, it is my job.

I stand in agreement with Jason on this...the devil wants you back.

Realize that God doesn't need your help in saving him. God can bring plenty of Christians, mature Christians who haven't been pulled into New Age theology, who are well grounded in the Spirit and truth and who do not have an attraction to him, to stand as witnesses for him.

This is the prayer you should pray for him: That God will send a someone to him in his life, not cyber-life, but his day to day life that can be a witness of the Lord's to him.

I think that Jason and others here would agree with me that it's highly unlikely that God would send you, a young person yourself, not long out of New Ageism to try to help him out of his mess. This "connection from beyond" might be from beyond, but that doesn't mean it is from God. God desires us to "test the spirits" and a the first test this particular "spirit" fails as far as I'm concerned is the just plain common sense one that God would hardly send a young, inexperienced Christian to pull a man s/he is attracted to out of demonic oppression/possession.

For you, although you are not asking for help yourself, I exhort you to seek out a Bible based church and spend time growing in the Lord. I don't doubt your sincerety or your new life in Christ at all, but you seem to still be relying on "New agey feelings and emotions" rather than being grounded in God's word. I think that you can one day be a fine spiritual warrior, but you need time to grow in the Lord and learn to separate what is truth and what isn't. I speak as one who was once deeply involved in a cult myself, so I know what I'm talking about here.

I will pray for the young man...God knows who he is, and I'll pray for you as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way!!!!!

Mango, I want to throw my hat in with Jasoncran and Handy too. I couldn't agree with them more! It sounds to me like you are a relatively new Christian, otherwise you would have already known how to pray for this man. But you show a lot of maturity and wisdom in recognizing the confusing situation you are in, and in asking for prayer and advice. I have said a prayer for both you and he tonight.

While I am not one to go around seeing demons in everything, I do, nevertheless, have some experience in this area. Based on that, I'm pretty sure that what this guy is experiencing is either the result of a mental illness or is demonic. I’m leaning toward the demonic side because of the way you are feeling a pull toward him, especially since this is not a normal feeling for you. I think Satan is after you as well. He (Satan) is the “master of disguise†you know. He can make this guy look like your twin brother if he wants too! Either way, I think the best thing you can do at this point is pray for him. That may very well be the reason God has sent you to him. Ask God to send someone into his life with the capacity and experience to help him.

If this is demonic, this is very serious and Satan will use him to attack you in ways that you can not imagine. I’ve seen this first hand before and I’m not exaggerating. If you have never been in a fist fight, you would not attempt to fight a professional prize fighter and expect to win. Likewise, don’t attempt to fight his demons. Leave that to God!

Pray for him, and pray that God sends someone into his life that actually has proven experience in this area. Not only someone that has experience in the area of demons, but also in the area of evangelism because, based on what you have told us, this man does not sound like a Christian. That may sound judgmental, but we need to be able to discern spirits. No Christian would post a blasphemous video on the internet unless it was somehow for the purpose of condemning it. He probably does believe in God, or at least the demons speaking through him believe in God. The Bible tells us that even Satan believes in God (so strongly that it makes him shudder!) Just believing in God does not make him a Christian. You know that. The Bible also tells us that if we resist the devil, he will flee from us. Right now, you need to resist the devil, who is using this man to call you back to him. You said that a “connection from beyond†has been established between you and he, and you can not back out. You are wrong. Yes you can back out, and yes you should back out, at least until God does some serious work in this man’s life. We don’t want you to become a casualty!

Thanks for sharing your interesting situation with us. Let us know how things progress, ok?

Thank you guys for replaying and praying looks like it did have some effect, I just canceled my facebook account for good. I must tell you all that after you pray for me I had a dream of Jesus on the cross with golden ocean waves at his feet,I also saw Armageddon and dreams of world changes in general. I throw away a big pentagram that I had forgotten I had. I heard a voice inside my head telling me to read a part of the bible that answered many of my questions, but I still have to dig deeper .

He wasn't replaying to me anyways, he has been ignoring me even though I know he was clearly online because of the things he was posting on his wall and in the other new age site , he said that nothing would stand in his way between his goal and him but didn't specify what he was talking about, looks like he still holding unto something. What did you guys exactly pray for?

Maybe I made him think about something , or he was touched by the holy spirit but the new age indoctrination seems to continue.

I also noticed my feelings of attachment towards him decreased and noticed that he just didn't care about me like I cared about him. It was time to put a stop to this.

However I do believe god works in mysterious way and his gifts and visions are just not reserved for "experienced" If that was really the case then I would have never had all these dreams and prophecies that come truth shortly after I have them. Because thats the way I got closer to god, by seeking meaning and seeing proof of his dominion .

Well this have been quite a experience . I will continue to pray for him and seek forgiveness. Thank you all for being here:)

I frankly think that the reason he didn't reply to you was because you probably offended him by insinuating that your friend needed help, because he was into the New Age Christianity. Personally, for future relationships, I at least don't profess or discuss any of my or my friend's religious or political beliefs, until I actually get to know the person personally at first. It keeps the relationship mutually mysterious.

Sounds like things are working out. Connections like that arn't always from God from my experience, but that doesn't mean write them off.
I don't think there's really a lot you can do from what you've described, other then pray, but it's good that you were guarding your heart in the matter.
I've gotten some 'instant connections' with people at times too. God can definatly use or send them but you have to be wise. Sometimes he justs puts someone on your heart - and that can mean an attractive guy. They might not be 'the one' but that connection can get and keep you praying for them in a way others might not.

Just be wise, be led and be careful.

If you 'click' with someone, it might be because you can 'read their mail' so to speak in a way that many people can't because of the way you're both wired. That can really be a blessing if they blow you off or just act in a way that turns other caring or otherwise christians away from them. Because of that connection you'll keep caring and praying.

Not every deeper then normal link with a person has to end in marriage. Just guard your heart and see what happens.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back