Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

BEWARE OF LEAVEN, EAT UNLEAVENED BREAD AND LIVE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think that if during the Passover the Holy Spirit were compell a believer to abstain from leaven then that believer should abstain.

Being perfected by our Father is a lifelong journey and we'll never reach that goal. Not everyone grows at the same pace and we are not all in the same place in our walk with God so I wouldn't judge them. I might even have a plank in my own eye that needs addressing.

In Brotherhood.
If God is your Father, you were perfected from the moment of that occurrence.
We do, however, grow in grace and knowledge.

If you want to emulate the OT Jews and their feasts, though pointless, it isn't a sin.

Also Paul says in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin!
(1Cor. 14:37) If any man thinks himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Paul didn’t come preaching and teaching his own thing, but he abided in the doctrine of Christ. (Rom. 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sights for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
The deeds of the law is referring to the animal sacrificial laws, all those sacrifices can never remove sins, so they could never be justified. This is true because the blood of Jesus can only justify us. The animal sacrificial laws was added because people continue to sin, and the wages of sin bring for death. So instead of God killing people every time they sin, he gave Moses a law to use, animals. So by the other law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement) is the knowledge of sin.
Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.

So the Unleavened Bread we want to eat is that spiritual bread that is from Christ. Jesus says in John 6: 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I know many people believe on the name of Jesus, but you have to come to Jesus in faith and do his will as Jesus did the will of the father.
One of the first things Jesus said was to repent.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Eating off this bread which is Jesus is a spiritual meal brothers and sisters. This is a daily meal we must eat consistently. Because learning about the living God is a life long journey.

Hi Bro.Tan

But it is fine for any believer to eat leavened bread with his meal.

God bless,
Ted
Of Course, except for the days of Unleavened Bread....And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. (Lev 23:1-8)
Since Jesus is our High Priest and sin offering theres no need for offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Let’s take a look at what else Jesus says in verse 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus says the words he speak to us, is spirit and they are life. This is why it’s important to become a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. So we understand that drinking the blood of Jesus is the Passover and after the Passover is the Feast of Unleavened Bread, 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaimin their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. ( Leviticus 23: 4-8)

Let’s take a look at this time is Jesus days. Let’s go into Matthew 27: 17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? 18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

So Jesus died on the Passover because he is the Passover. Now, after the Passover come a High Sabbath Day, which is the feast of unleavened Bread. Let’s go to John 19: 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

So we can see how all this ties together and how important it is to eat Unleavened Bread, that spiritual Bread that came from heaven. Now it’s good to eat physical clean Bread in general, but let’s take a look a something Jesus says in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Of Course, except for the days of Unleavened Bread....And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. (Lev 23:1-8)
Since Jesus is our High Priest and sin offering theres no need for offering made by fire unto the LORD.
Hi Bro.Tan

Oh, so we still have to slaughter the lamb and eat bitter herbs and all that is a part of the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread. I'm guessing that we also have to keep the Feast of Booths?

Well, respectfully I disagree that that's what God asks of His children who have returned to Him through the blood of His Son. It I were of some Jewish descent, maybe I'd feel inclined, but I think the new covenant was for the whole world. Both Jew and Gentile. It's why Paul got into disagreement with Peter when he was trying to keep the old covenant law when he was with his own. But you are free to understand the great work of God however it suits you. It's why Peter spoke when God offered him a blanket of all kinds of 'illegal' foods to him that he cried out that unclean food has never crossed his lips.

God rebuked him for that attitude and told him to take and eat. Friend, the old covenant was a covenant that God gave unto a special group of people that He was working through to attain His will and goal. Once the Jew completed the task for which God raised them up, that old covenant was also put to death. We now, those who have trusted in the final perfect sacrifice of God's Son, Jesus, for our sin penalty, live under the new covenant. The one that Jesus spoke of and introduced just prior to his death.

I strongly contend, that while yes, the 10 commandments stand forever, all the lesser commands are of no value to God. And even the keeping of the 10 are no value to God. Their value is in our enjoying a peaceful life now. Do not steal from your neighbor doesn't really glorify God in our keeping it, but it helps us to be better in living with others in a society. Do not murder. Do not covet something that someone else has, etc. That's why, as I understand them, that they were written in stone and kept in the Ark of the Covenant. All those other laws and restrictions were merely on parchment and had no particularly special place to be kept. They would pass away. The stone commandments would not.

But the mixing of clothing materials and the days that a woman had to atone for her uncleanness after her period, the eating of certain meats or other foods does not apply to the believer who comes to God through the blood of His Son. And as far as I can tell, it really isn't of any value to the Jew any longer either.

BTW do you willfully ignore that this command opens up with God telling us 'who' these commands were for. He says to Moses "say to the children of Israel". I'm not a child of Israel.

God bless,
Ted

So we can see how all this ties together and how important it is to eat Unleavened Bread, that spiritual Bread that came from heaven.
This is key. Unless YHVH takes the veil away, as He Must Do for the Apostles and the disciples in Scripture directly and specifically, as He must do for any/all who call on Him for Salvation or they/we/ current forum members
do not / will not/ get it. They don't understand
and no abount of words can help them understand
as long as they are not looking for truth in Jesus , not abiding in Jesus' Word.
Jesus Himself is , a mystery?, not understood, a secret ,
only a few get,
the bread "give us this day our daily bread" IS NOT physical,
but Jesus Spiritual to nourish us, give us HIS LIFE, the FATHER'S LIFE.... as written throughout Scripture
in Complete Harmony With All Scripture Perfect Bread.

Ted,
It's why Paul got into disagreement with Peter when he was trying to keep the old covenant law when he was with his own.
Untrue.
It was about the commandments of MEN, not the Mosaic law.

It's why Peter spoke when God offered him a blanket of all kinds of 'illegal' foods to him that he cried out that unclean food has never crossed his lips.

God rebuked him for that attitude and told him to take and eat.
Ted,
Acts 10 isn't about food.
It's about men. You're adding to the scripture if you want to make it about food.

BTW do you willfully ignore that this command opens up with God telling us 'who' these commands were for. He says to Moses "say to the children of Israel". I'm not a child of Israel.
Ted,
If you interpret it that way than you must interpret Matt 15:24 the same way, Jesus didn't come to save you, just Israel.

Remember what Paul says in

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Matt 15:24
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Good luck Ted Since you're not an israelite.

Back