Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Biden campaigns for Trump

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You claimed European countries allowed immigration "with no limits". I didn't see where the paper supported that assertion.
There was no hard cap in place. I looked over many sources and I couldn't find a single one that said as such. It really does seem like the EU had a hard enough time getting these countries to open their borders at all. Which is why Germany ended up taking in so many.

But not impossible, and it's obviously preferable than staying in the conditions they fled in the first place.
I see your an optimist.

Obviously it doesn't matter to the extent that it's a deal breaker for migrants. I mean, are you actually arguing that people fleeing war are like "Gosh we'd prefer to get out of this war zone, but if the place we go to doesn't have a Halal grocery I guess we'll have to stay here and dodge bombs"?
Not a deal breaker, no. But the migrants often complained about the food being terrible in the countries they ended up in. Food may not seem like a big deal to you, bid imagine if you were forced to eat Halal food everyday instead of what you nornally eat. You'd probably be pretty miserable.

So in your view, every Muslim male will rape a woman who isn't sufficiently covered?
No. Only the ones that were raised in that culture.

And all the right-wingers at the "Unite the Right" rally? Should we go around subjecting every US citizen to a antisemitism test and those who fail are automatically deported?
No. Despite how funny that would be.

Again, you seem to have this view that every Muslim is a violent criminal.
No, I don't.

Again, Japan is notorious for strict limits on who can live there, and being very focused on keeping their culture "pure".

Yes, they want Japan to remain Japanese. It certainly wouldn't if they adopted western immigration policies.

That's a non-answer. Again, either the younger generations are going to have to pay a ton more to support the older generations, or the older generations are going to be left to fend for themselves.
If I had to guess, I'd say the latter.

With Muslims constituting the majority of victims by a wide margin. And terrorist attacks in the US from Muslim immigrants pales in comparison to terrorist attacks from right-wing white nationalist groups.
It's not through lack of trying. They would attack us more if they could.

There was no hard cap in place. I looked over many sources and I couldn't find a single one that said as such. It really does seem like the EU had a hard enough time getting these countries to open their borders at all. Which is why Germany ended up taking in so many.
So no support for your claim that Europe allows migration "with no limits".

Meanwhile, it was trivially easy for me to find this: https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...-in-reform-of-eu-asylum-and-migration-system/

I see your an optimist.
It's just reality. Like I said, I know for a fact that not speaking a country's language does not automatically prevent an immigrant from succeeding. I've seen it myself.

Not a deal breaker, no. But the migrants often complained about the food being terrible in the countries they ended up in. Food may not seem like a big deal to you, bid imagine if you were forced to eat Halal food everyday instead of what you nornally eat. You'd probably be pretty miserable.
LOL, and you're accusing me of not being familiar with Islam? Sheesh.

First of all, fruits and vegetables are always Halal (unless they contain alcohol). The only difference between Halal and regular meat is that Halal meat is slaughtered according to Islamic law (all blood is drained, the butcher has to recite a dedication).

So to suggest that I would be miserable eating Halal food is ridiculously ignorant.

And to suggest that Muslims can't eat, or would be miserable eating European food is even more so.

If one is a good capitalist, they'd see the lack of Halal markets as a business opportunity.

No. Only the ones that were raised in that culture.
What culture?

Yes, they want Japan to remain Japanese. It certainly wouldn't if they adopted western immigration policies.
So we now agree.

It's not through lack of trying. They would attack us more if they could.
So now you think all Muslims secretly want to carry out terrorist attacks and it's just lack of opportunity that prevents them from doing so?

You really do seem to have a dim view of "others", be they Latino immigrants, poor blacks, or Muslims. I think I'm starting to understand your loyalty to Donald.

So no support for your claim that Europe allows migration "with no limits".

Meanwhile, it was trivially easy for me to find this: https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...-in-reform-of-eu-asylum-and-migration-system/
That's dated 2023. What we're discussing happened in 2015.
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...-in-reform-of-eu-asylum-and-migration-system/
It's just reality. Like I said, I know for a fact that not speaking a country's language does not automatically prevent an immigrant from succeeding. I've seen it myself.
I never said it automatically prevents an immigrant from succeeding. But it does make it much harder.

LOL, and you're accusing me of not being familiar with Islam? Sheesh.

First of all, fruits and vegetables are always Halal (unless they contain alcohol). The only difference between Halal and regular meat is that Halal meat is slaughtered according to Islamic law (all blood is drained, the butcher has to recite a dedication).

So to suggest that I would be miserable eating Halal food is ridiculously ignorant.
I was using it as an example. The idea being that if you immigrate to a country that has foreign food that you don't like out don't approve of the way it's prepared, you're probably not going to have a good time.

What culture?
The kind that exists in Islamic theocracies.

So now you think all Muslims secretly want to carry out terrorist attacks and it's just lack of opportunity that prevents them from doing so?
Again, where am I saying "all Muslims are this or that"?

You really do seem to have a dim view of "others", be they Latino immigrants, poor blacks, or Muslims. I think I'm starting to understand your loyalty to Donald.
Straw man.

Have you been to London or Paris lately?
Do you even remember what they USED to be like?
Hi GodsGrace

I don't think there's anywhere in the world that used to be like it was 100 years ago, except for maybe N. Korea. Times and generations change as time marches forward. 100 year old New York City isn't like 2,000 year old Rome either. Times change! That's just a fact of life.

Yes, there were things that were better about our society, globally, 100 years ago. But there are also things that were worse off, globally, than they were 100 years ago. Time changes things. Technological advancements drive the majority of our change, but there are also changes in our morals and methods. I take a bath/shower two three times a week. In many parts of the country 100 years ago, people bathed much less frequently. Is that a good or bad thing? I'm able to put together a dinner with my nice electric cooking tool in about 30 minutes most evenings. 100 years ago it took that long to start the fire in the pot bellied stove. Is that a good or bad thing?

God bless,
Ted

That's dated 2023. What we're discussing happened in 2015.
If you ever find anything supporting your assertion about "immigration without limits", let me know.

I was using it as an example. The idea being that if you immigrate to a country that has foreign food that you don't like out don't approve of the way it's prepared, you're probably not going to have a good time.
Which means there's a market opportunity for enterprising people.

The kind that exists in Islamic theocracies.

Again, where am I saying "all Muslims are this or that"?

Straw man.
So now we're back to you making comments about some "culture" other than your own, but completely balking at attempts to get you to specify and/or substantiate.

Pattern noted.

Times and generations change as time marches forward. 100 year old New York City isn't like 2,000 year old Rome either. Times change! That's just a fact of life.
I've often felt that a lot of today's conservatism boils down to "things are changing and I don't like it!"

Hi GodsGrace

I don't think there's anywhere in the world that used to be like it was 100 years ago, except for maybe N. Korea. Times and generations change as time marches forward. 100 year old New York City isn't like 2,000 year old Rome either. Times change! That's just a fact of life.

Yes, there were things that were better about our society, globally, 100 years ago. But there are also things that were worse off, globally, than they were 100 years ago. Time changes things. Technological advancements drive the majority of our change, but there are also changes in our morals and methods. I take a bath/shower two three times a week. In many parts of the country 100 years ago, people bathed much less frequently. Is that a good or bad thing? I'm able to put together a dinner with my nice electric cooking tool in about 30 minutes most evenings. 100 years ago it took that long to start the fire in the pot bellied stove. Is that a good or bad thing?

God bless,
Ted
I'm not talking about 100 years ago.
I'm talking about time I could remember.

I'm not talking about NATURAL changes.
I'm talking about changes that did not HAVE TO happen except for dumb governments.

I'm rather shocked that you could post such statements to me.
The reason being that they don't sound very intelligent at all.

Perhaps you should have, instead, asked what the changes are?

But, as usual, I've lost interest in the matter since nothing we say will change anything at this point.

If you ever find anything supporting your assertion about "immigration without limits", let me know.

Which means there's a market opportunity for enterprising people.

So now we're back to you making comments about some "culture" other than your own, but completely balking at attempts to get you to specify and/or substantiate.

Pattern noted.
You know Uncle, it's pretty incredible to me the statements you come out with.

You need proof about immigration without limits?

How about the millions of immigrants that have entered the EU in the past 10 years.
Some are fleeing war-torn countries and some are looking for better economic opportunities.

I hope they find them, because they've made it worse for the rest of the indigenous population that is having a difficult time just trying to get along - let alone do anything extra that could improve their life.

Like I've said many times, I find it difficult to speak to you because think you're from a different dimension where everything is just dandy.

I've often felt that a lot of today's conservatism boils down to "things are changing and I don't like it!"
How ignorant of you.

Things are always changing.
Guess it's OK with you and miamited even when they're changing for THE WORSE.

Just chalk everything up TO CHANGE....
and accept everything that comes along.

You should take a trip to London and see what's going on there due to unlimited immigration and then come back and tell us all that everything is OK - it's just NORMAL CHANGE that is taking place.

HE WHO ACCEPTS EVERYTHING....
BELIEVES IN NOTHING.

You need proof about immigration without limits?
Something besides "because I say so", yes.

How about the millions of immigrants that have entered the EU in the past 10 years.
Some are fleeing war-torn countries and some are looking for better economic opportunities.

I hope they find them, because they've made it worse for the rest of the indigenous population that is having a difficult time just trying to get along - let alone do anything extra that could improve their life.

Like I've said many times, I find it difficult to speak to you because think you're from a different dimension where everything is just dandy.
Again it seems like you're just expecting me to take your say-so as unquestioned gospel. FYI, I don't work that way. If you expect me to accept or believe something, provide checkable sources.

Things are always changing.
Guess it's OK with you and miamited even when they're changing for THE WORSE.
If you see it that way, that's your prerogative.

You should take a trip to London and see what's going on there due to unlimited immigration and then come back and tell us all that everything is OK - it's just NORMAL CHANGE that is taking place.

HE WHO ACCEPTS EVERYTHING....
BELIEVES IN NOTHING.
Your say-so is noted.

Something besides "because I say so", yes.

Again it seems like you're just expecting me to take your say-so as unquestioned gospel. FYI, I don't work that way. If you expect me to accept or believe something, provide checkable sources.

If you see it that way, that's your prerogative.

Your say-so is noted.
And PLEASE show us YOUR proof that unlimited immigration has not changed people's lives in London .

Where do YOU live Uncle?
Maybe we could send some of those immigrants by your house and town?
Your liberal....you should be very willing to help them out by being accepting of all they wish to change in YOUR life.

And PLEASE show us YOUR proof that unlimited immigration has not changed people's lives in London .
Huh? Did I say "nothing has changed"? I mean.....at the very least, the demographics change when there is migration.

Where do YOU live Uncle?
Maybe we could send some of those immigrants by your house and town?
Your liberal....you should be very willing to help them out by being accepting of all they wish to change in YOUR life.
So what exactly do you think would happen if "some of those immigrants" were sent to my area?

Huh? Did I say "nothing has changed"? I mean.....at the very least, the demographics change when there is migration.

So what exactly do you think would happen if "some of those immigrants" were sent to my area?
I'm sure you wouldn't be happy.

Here's what has happened in some areas of Milan:

PERSONS PEE IN THE STREET - IN FRONT OF PERSONS HOMES
THEY SLEEP WHERE THEY CAN BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO HOME
SOME ARE DEMANDING A HOME BE SUPPLIED TO THEM BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY DESERVE ONE
DRUGS
CRIME - PEOPLE WENT OUT FOR EVENING WALKS BEFORE - NOW THEY TEND NOT TO EXCEPT WHEN NECESSARY
STREETS ARE BLOCKED WITH CARPETS AND PRAYING PERSON A FEW TIMES DURING THE DAY
APTS CANNOT BE RENTED BECAUSE NO ONE WOUJLD CHOOSE TO LIVE IN THESE COMMUNITIES
NOISE
GARBAGE
PEOPLE FEEL THREATENED BY GANGS OF YOUNG
GIRLS GET RAPED WHEN THIS WAS PRACTICALLY UNHEARD OF

And we know WHY these things happen with immigration.
But I'm sure you wouldn't accept those reasons either.
On my UNKNOWLEDGEABLE say so.
So I won't bother.

Also for miamted, if he's intersted:

NEED MORE?
Can you summarize? I'm not interested in watching over an hour of videos, especially ones from a notorious far-right Islamophobe who promotes the "great replacement theory" nonsense.

Neither is it always bad. But some folks fear and resent change, regardless.
Are you just going to continue making insulting and dumb statements?

If you take my Nissan and give me a Ferrari,
I'd LOVE the change.

Stop saying stupidity.

Can you summarize? I'm not interested in watching over an hour of videos, especially ones from a notorious far-right Islamophobe who promotes the "great replacement theory" nonsense.
Well my dear....
this DOES prove that not only are you ignorant of world facts....

But you DESIRE to remain so.

So, geeze, I guess you'll just have to take my word for what I state.

Or you could read some books by those who actually KNOW what's going on.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy.

Here's what has happened in some areas of Milan:

PERSONS PEE IN THE STREET - IN FRONT OF PERSONS HOMES
THEY SLEEP WHERE THEY CAN BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO HOME
SOME ARE DEMANDING A HOME BE SUPPLIED TO THEM BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY DESERVE ONE
DRUGS
CRIME - PEOPLE WENT OUT FOR EVENING WALKS BEFORE - NOW THEY TEND NOT TO EXCEPT WHEN NECESSARY
STREETS ARE BLOCKED WITH CARPETS AND PRAYING PERSON A FEW TIMES DURING THE DAY
APTS CANNOT BE RENTED BECAUSE NO ONE WOUJLD CHOOSE TO LIVE IN THESE COMMUNITIES
NOISE
GARBAGE
PEOPLE FEEL THREATENED BY GANGS OF YOUNG
GIRLS GET RAPED WHEN THIS WAS PRACTICALLY UNHEARD OF

And we know WHY these things happen with immigration.
But I'm sure you wouldn't accept those reasons either.
On my UNKNOWLEDGEABLE say so.
So I won't bother.
Again, your mere say-so is not persuasive.

I've seen all of those things, and much worse, from white American citizens. Should we get rid of them too?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back