Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Bill Nye The Science Guy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gender is a God mandated plan.

Humans walking is a God-mandated plan. Almost all of us can walk. Some people are born not being able to walk. We don't argue that they made a decision to be unable to walk.

I don't understand the whole reason or reasons for the increase, or supposed increase in the confusion that humans have about their gender.

It's not an increase. It's been going on since there have been humans. People are now willing to talk about it.

I know that there are those that, for reasons beyond my comprehension, are mentally certain that they are a gender opposite to their physical state.

I do know that Satan is always out to counter whatever God has laid down as right.

Could it be that this is, in some way, due to Satan's influence on the world in a physiological and psychological way?

Can Satan make someone unable to walk? If he could, do we blame the person so born?

If we blame gender confusion, violence, government separating kids from their families, etc. on medications or food additives, it's probably no more effective than blaming it on evil spirits.

We'll need more specific information, if we want to do something about those things.

It's not an increase. It's been going on since there have been humans. People are now willing to talk about it.
I have no data on this that would permit me to argue. Maybe you do?
I just cannot imagine that this many people were living normal enough lives, in the past, as to function in society and hide their feelings.
The percentage, in our town, is so great that the teachers at a high school of over 1000 students, had to give up half of their unisex two piece washrooms in order to facilitate the number of students who were suffering from gender confusion, transgender, or whatever else is a polite and politically correct way to label those who are not just boy parts with a boy mindset and girl parts with a girl mindset.

I mean really? You don't think that there has been a huge increase, per capita of LGBT people?

Can Satan make someone unable to walk? If he could, do we blame the person so born?
Satan cannot "make" you do anything. However, even so, look what he has done to this world. He is the great deciever and a liar. Those that listen to him will be held accountable for what they did... as will he for his hand in it.

If we blame gender confusion, violence, government separating kids from their families, etc. on medications or food additives, it's probably no more effective than blaming it on evil spirits.
I don't think it's a good idea to underestemate the power of the evil one and his minions, as far as their influence on the actions of men and women of all walks of life... even those who make our laws, take the bible out of schools, the ten commandments no longer allowed to be posted, discipline of children not allowed, abortion allowed, make prayer a crime.... and who knows what else will come in the years ahead.

For goodness sake.. in Canada, I am embarrassed to say, they changed the lyrics in our National Anthem from " In all our son's command" to "in all of us command".... UGH seriously.... it sounds ignorant and uneducated...

Now they want to remove the part that says "God keep our land, glorious and free".... I'll tell ya right now... start doing this and our land will no longer be "glorious and free".
Just like the USA... they are telling God to back off and, guess what... He is... in spades... You do not want to be a Nation in this period of history, without God on yours side... Heaven help us all..

We'll need more specific information, if we want to do something about those things.

This problem is as old as this earth and the time man has walked on it... there is no "fixing" it.... It is all laid out in the scripture... it has taken this long for the fall of Adam and Eve to totally destroy the world God had planned. God knew anyway and sent His son... Now... we have no worries.... we are in this world but not of this world. We still have to stand up against all things that are not of God.... until the end.

Oy vey. I come here to watch a light hearted, goofy video, and I have to deal with this?

Almost all of us can walk. Some people are born not being able to walk. We don't argue that they made a decision to be unable to walk.

I know you're just responding in kind, and I haven't checked to see "who started it." I know where you're going with this and would expect you to not turn a thread about light hearted goofy videos into the most divisive and controversial topic imaginable.

EVERYONE

3) Discussion of homosexuality is limited. (ToS 2.2)
Discussion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) will be allowed only in Hot Topics, Christian Talk & Advice, and/or the Bible Study forum

Oy vey. I come here to watch a light hearted, goofy video, and I have to deal with this?

I know you're just responding in kind, and I haven't checked to see "who started it." I know where you're going with this and would expect you to not turn a thread about light hearted goofy videos into the most divisive and controversial topic imaginable.

EVERYONE

3) Discussion of homosexuality is limited. (ToS 2.2)
Discussion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) will be allowed only in Hot Topics, Christian Talk & Advice, and/or the Bible Study forum

Thanks Ray, I was just getting ready to point that out that that discussion has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now,.. :topic shall we? Oh and by the way, you like him too? Do you also believe that religion and science can mix?

Last edited:
Absolutely science and Faith have no conflict! Sometimes science is wrong and self-corrects. Actual scientists are usually pretty humble about this, unlike science teachers, Principals, school systems, Judges etc.
We are not yet perfect in our Faith, either; but it's a completely different realm from what science addreses.

A simple way of addressing this is our Faith tells us WHY God does some things (usually that we can't see) while science addresses WHAT God did (good science is limited to what is observable, and repeatable, and controllable)

Absolutely science and Faith have no conflict! Sometimes science is wrong and self-corrects. Actual scientists are usually pretty humble about this, unlike science teachers, Principals, school systems, Judges etc.
We are not yet perfect in our Faith, either; but it's a completely different realm from what science addreses.

A simple way of addressing this is our Faith tells us WHY God does some things (usually that we can't see) while science addresses WHAT God did (good science is limited to what is observable, and repeatable, and controllable)

I'm not sure what you're saying but if you read my previous posts on here, you would know that I definitely believe that they can coexist. :) I think science is awesome!! :thumbsup(it was my second favorite subject in school, English was my first :biggrin2) Here is a few more episodes!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back