Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Black Friday, what are you pressing into?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
“And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon Him to hear the world of God, He stood by the lake of Gennesart.” Luke 5:1 NKJ

People always pressed upon Jesus. It was a common problem. They wanted what He had and He was eager to give it to them. I often wonder when we begin the Holiday Season what do we press into in America?

Today is the beginning of the Holiday Season and what we call Black Friday. This day marks the day that retailer’s hope will be the beginning of much “black ink” (profitability) during the holidays. People wait in line to enter stores in cities and towns all over America. They press into the doors of the stores and then they press into the stores to get the great deals. According the news reports, 11,000 people wait outside the door of Macy’s in New York City to be the first to get the great deals. On the other side of the doors there is also a press – the press of merchants wanting to sell their wares to people outside.

Where is the hunger and thirst for righteousness? People in the Bible were pressing into hear the words of Jesus but where are we pressing, upon the doors of the shopping mall?

Ask yourself a few questions. First, do you have the same desire to hear the words of Jesus as the people of the Bible did this Holiday Season? Second, do you desire to share Jesus’ words with others? Merchants are very anxious to sell their products to the people who press in on their doors. Are you that eager to share Jesus with those around you?

My God give us a desire first to hear and then to share – and not just on Black Friday.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

You're right about the frenzy on Black Friday. I liked how you challenged me to think about what I desire most and how my actions reflect that passion. I must admit that I can sit for three hours and watch a football game but get antsy when the preacher takes more than a half hour on Sunday morning. I'll jump up and run to answer a phone call but procrastinate reading the Bible at an appointed time. You are totally on target when you asked "Where is the hunger and thirst for righteousness?" I visited your website and I've signed up for your webinar on Monday nights... football can take a back seat to fellowship with God's people.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back