Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessings!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lovekr07

Good morning!

Please forgive me for just posting my devotions on here without introducing myself. I post my devotions on here to encourage others, but I have not introduced myself. I do need the fellowship, as well.

I am a single mother of 4 children whom i love greatly. I have been divorced for a couple of years after being married for 17 due to tragic circumstances involving my children and their father. Not to put it all on him because I made my share of mistakes in parenting and in my marriage as well. It has been a very difficult journey, but has served to lead me closer to the Lord and deliver me from idols as well as develop my character and faith. I am 41 and have been a Christian for about 20 years. This all began because of a tragedy where my step uncle committed suicide and my family started going to church when i was in college. I was not raised in church. I met my ex husbands' parents at that church and began attending the Bible study that they held in their home for college-aged people. I became close to his mother as she was mentoring and discipling me. It is no surprise that i ended up marrying her son, though i did not inquire of God and he was not walking with the Lord. Actually, he is the reason his parents began that ministry because they were concerned about his salvation. He claimed to be a believer and maybe he even thought that he was, but a few years into our marriage and after a deployment (US army), he confessed that he was an atheist. He delved too much into apologetics before he was secure in his faith. The lesson here for the unmarried is to seek God about a person before making the decision to marry him/her. While God hates divorce, He also does not like it when we step outside of HIs will and marry someone He did not approve us to marry.

Anyhow, I am mostly a quiet person and an introvert, but I love to encourage, help, and serve others. I do not do that nearly enough as I am still adjusting to being a single mom for these few years. I also have a very difficult time trusting people and the Lord has to help me with that. I am actually in a season where i have good reason for that.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on here!! Blessings!!

Hi Lovekr07 and welcome to CF :wave2

Been through similar, but no children, and without God I would have never made it through. Looking forward to your postings and God bless.

Good morning!

Please forgive me for just posting my devotions on here without introducing myself. I post my devotions on here to encourage others, but I have not introduced myself. I do need the fellowship, as well.

I am a single mother of 4 children whom i love greatly. I have been divorced for a couple of years after being married for 17 due to tragic circumstances involving my children and their father. Not to put it all on him because I made my share of mistakes in parenting and in my marriage as well. It has been a very difficult journey, but has served to lead me closer to the Lord and deliver me from idols as well as develop my character and faith. I am 41 and have been a Christian for about 20 years. This all began because of a tragedy where my step uncle committed suicide and my family started going to church when i was in college. I was not raised in church. I met my ex husbands' parents at that church and began attending the Bible study that they held in their home for college-aged people. I became close to his mother as she was mentoring and discipling me. It is no surprise that i ended up marrying her son, though i did not inquire of God and he was not walking with the Lord. Actually, he is the reason his parents began that ministry because they were concerned about his salvation. He claimed to be a believer and maybe he even thought that he was, but a few years into our marriage and after a deployment (US army), he confessed that he was an atheist. He delved too much into apologetics before he was secure in his faith. The lesson here for the unmarried is to seek God about a person before making the decision to marry him/her. While God hates divorce, He also does not like it when we step outside of HIs will and marry someone He did not approve us to marry.

Anyhow, I am mostly a quiet person and an introvert, but I love to encourage, help, and serve others. I do not do that nearly enough as I am still adjusting to being a single mom for these few years. I also have a very difficult time trusting people and the Lord has to help me with that. I am actually in a season where i have good reason for that.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on here!! Blessings!!
Hey All,
Lovekr07, welcome to the forum. Don't feel bad about posting before you introduced yourself. Sometimes you just gotta say what's on your heart first. I feel your difficulty coming through your post. It sounds like you have has s rough couple of years. But look at yourself. You are still standing. You are overcoming, and you still have a heart for serving others. Plus let's not forget that you survived while doing the hardest job of all, being a mom. So don't be so hard on yourself.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Lovekr07, welcome to the forum. Don't feel bad about posting before you introduced yourself. Sometimes you just gotta say what's on your heart first. I feel your difficulty coming through your post. It sounds like you have has s rough couple of years. But look at yourself. You are still standing. You are overcoming, and you still have a heart for serving others. Plus let's not forget that you survived while doing the hardest job of all, being a mom. So don't be so hard on yourself.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Thank you so much for that encouragement!

Back