Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

bonjourno..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
K

Konnor

Hello to all. I'm Matt from the UK (rule brittania and all that)

I'm 20 years old and a student studying computers (yawn) at the University of East Anglia.

My testimony is slightly more streamlined than some of the others I have read in this forum, but special to me nonetheless.

My christian adventure started about a year ago during the summer of 2004. I was a fairly happy chappy at time, after just obtaining the grades required to continue my degree program. A typical summer of working at Tesco's (large food place) and then spending it all on alchoholic bevvys beckoned, although things were about to take a turn. I had always believed in a God, like so many, but had dismissed christianity because of the apparent 'rules' that came with it.

Realising I had no firepower in my own argument explaining my existance, I decided to go on a christian festival called Soul Survivor. The event was huge, alot bigger than I had anticipated and initially I was very shocked at what I saw. Upon arrival I was directly thrust into a gathering, primarily made up of thousands of teens, like myself, and they were all worshipping quite 'intensly'. To me this was a little weird..... as I had only really experienced one off, church of England type services over christmas and easter.

Filled with an incredibly intense emotional feeling of confusion, I decided to dig deeper into the matter, and detached myself from my other christian mates in search of answers. On site was a drop in 'clinic', which i utilised on 2 occasions, where I spoke to one of the stewards there. I spoke with this person on 2 occasions, and particularly on the second, I could almost sense the power of God within him. After that I almost felt destined to give my life to Jesus, and sure enough, at the end of the week, I did so, on a fairly large scale in front of thousands. Probably the only day that will eclipse the time I was mascot for Tottenham Hotspur football club!

Well I'm here to learn, and am mightily impressed so far. Hope to speak any/all of you soon.

Welcome to the forums Matt, and thank you for sharing your testimony with us. I hope and pray you find encouragement here as you continue to walk with Christ.

Welcome Matt! :angel:

Read the bible often.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Welcome Matt! In all you do be blessed. With God everything is POSSIBLE.

soul survivor made me become a christian too.crazy guy that mike pillowfactory dude!!! gifted like mad!!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back