Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Can one have a sinful desire for a woman INSIDE of Marriage?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God obviously meant for sex to be enjoyed - otherwise there would be no pleasure, our parts are designed for there to be pleasure, and God designed us.

I dont get why anyone would be against contraception (well the ones that prevent conception rather than destroy it if its happened at least).

cybershark5886 said:
Well, you are probably lucky you didn't see the edited parts of the post I replied to, but that type of sexual action he mentioned didn't even involve physical contact between the two of them. And yes God intended us to enjoy sex but I say that is a by-product, because as you've seen the world has completely gotten that one backwards and elevated the pleasure aspect to enormous proportions and completely left out the love part, and now that we have abortion and birth control the "multiply part" is out too. But for the sake of this discussion that last sentance isn't relevant to what that person whose post I commented on was saying.

What they did could have been done from different parts of the world by a live video feed. Almost like phone sex. I really don't think God intended seminal emissions to be apart from physical contact with the mate with whom you are supposed to be making love with. I call that a waste of seed, and making pleasure the prime object, not love.

1: you can't waste semen. you never run out.
2: I think watching you wife strip or whatever isn't rong! You can watch her strip and do it in love. whats so much worse about watching her get naked or touching her when shes naked! i don't get your logic sorry

1: you can't waste semen. you never run out.

Well that's a convenient way to look at potential life. I'm sure that's what God intended it for.

2: I think watching you wife strip or whatever isn't rong! You can watch her strip and do it in love. whats so much worse about watching her get naked or touching her when shes naked! i don't get your logic sorry

I didn't say watching her was wrong, I said having seminal emissions apart from physical contact with your mate is far from God's purpose for giving you sex glands and ordaining sex. And if you didn't notice you can always feel sexual pleasure whether your tubes are tied or not, so don't give me any junk about how the sexual pleasure is the primary thing important. The two are meant to go together to complement one another not to be divorced by extracting some pleasure from not having contact with your mate, by just looking at her while doing your own thing to cause a seminal emission.

if God was on your idea that every bit of sperm was to become a child, only sex if you want a baby etc. and dont waste any, then surely he would have designed sex that way. He could have made it so only one bit of sperm is always used and always makes a baby. It just doest seem to make sense. Im not sure your idea of sex allows a husband and wife to enjoy each others bodies and the pleasure of how God has designed us.

You think of it from the mans point of view, he should only feel sexual pleasure from having sex, but women are designed differently, not everythings internal lets say

cybershark5886 said:
I didn't say watching her was wrong, I said having seminal emissions apart from physical contact with your mate is far from God's purpose for giving you sex glands and ordaining sex. And if you didn't notice you can always feel sexual pleasure whether your tubes are tied or not, so don't give me any junk about how the sexual pleasure is the primary thing important. The two are meant to go together to complement one another not to be divorced by extracting some pleasure from not having contact with your mate, by just looking at her while doing your own thing to cause a seminal emission.

About the wasting of semen you said "thats a good way to look at a potential life" well come on! your taking it the rong way, Like that one person said if God didn't want you to "waste sperm" he wouldn't allow you to errect so much and make it take several times before the girl getting pregnet.

About the wasting of semen you said "thats a good way to look at a potential life" well come on! your taking it the rong way, Like that one person said if God didn't want you to "waste sperm" he wouldn't allow you to errect so much and make it take several times before the girl getting pregnet.

I'm aware of those cases but that is not what I am refering to. That is different because in that case you are actually trying and having physical contact. So try to address my specific point of not having contact while doing your own thing. And keep in mind I'm still working off my original reply to that edited post on the first page. So look back there is you need orientation again to where this whole discussion is coming from.

P.s. Its not a waste if you are actually making physical contact and trying, many sperm not making it is a given. I just think that "doing your own thing", as I have so cyrptically and generously put it, is quite in vain and quite useless (not to mention not God's original intention for it) because you could do it without your wife in the bathroom at work (if you'll forgive the level of explicitness this is diving into). There is no sexual union between the two of you in that case, and I do deem that a waste (useless and vain). So the punch line is this: Plainly and simply just don't do it. It serves no purpose except to gratify yourself, which is vain in the scheme of things since it is not mutual with the partner God gave you for that. And for all I know it is also wrong.

Personally, I think its a fine line of what the bible talks about. You should marry yes, but if its for flesh love only then the marriage will not last.

dancing queen said:
if God was on your idea that every bit of sperm was to become a child, only sex if you want a baby etc. and dont waste any, then surely he would have designed sex that way. He could have made it so only one bit of sperm is always used and always makes a baby. It just doest seem to make sense. Im not sure your idea of sex allows a husband and wife to enjoy each others bodies and the pleasure of how God has designed us.

You think of it from the mans point of view, he should only feel sexual pleasure from having sex, but women are designed differently, not everythings internal lets say
Its called real will. And abusing a gift. Spilling the seed as we've read in the bible can cause one to die by God in the Old Testatement. Now, we have the ability to repent. That doesn't mean we keep on with our solo emissions. God gave you the ability to see too, which doesn't mean you should go around looking at all wrongful things. God gave you hands to, they are used for the good, but someone can use his hands for the wrong reason. Freewill. Learn to control your self, just because you up to the task** doesn't mean to be gun hole to do it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back