Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian haters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tina

Any atheists or anti-christ people here who are Christian haters, or perhaps you know someone who hates Christians? I know this is a strong bad word to use but I actually met someone who hates Christians although I didn't get the chance to ask him why he hates Christians.

Why hate Christians ? ..... :confused :verysad :shame

Its actually quite easy for younger people to hate Christnians. Not because of the Biblical hate eitehr, its human nature to hate what you either you don't understand or is keeping you from doing what you want.

Why some Scientists hate religion? --> Because Religion usually surpesses science or misinforms people on what is science.

Why some LGBT hate Christians --> Because it is primarily Christians who want to pri into our lives, surpess our rights and control us.

Why some women hate Christianity --> The Bible constantly claims that women are below men and the OT has multiple laws regarding teh women as property.

Why some Skeptics hate Christianity --> The OT is filled with Rape, genocide, murder, Generational sin, a God that flip frops form hating us to loving us, Killing of chilldren, and women as property.

Why teens hate Christianity --> It rebellion time, what ever the big religion is, they'll hate it because at this time they are trying to find an identity and if Religion is dominering coming from their parents, they'll rebel.

Its actually quite easy for younger people to hate Christnians. Not because of the Biblical hate eitehr, its human nature to hate what you either you don't understand or is keeping you from doing what you want.

Why some Scientists hate religion? --> Because Religion usually surpesses science or misinforms people on what is science.

Why some LGBT hate Christians --> Because it is primarily Christians who want to pri into our lives, surpess our rights and control us.

Why some women hate Christianity --> The Bible constantly claims that women are below men and the OT has multiple laws regarding teh women as property.

Why some Skeptics hate Christianity --> The OT is filled with Rape, genocide, murder, Generational sin, a God that flip frops form hating us to loving us, Killing of chilldren, and women as property.

Why teens hate Christianity --> It rebellion time, what ever the big religion is, they'll hate it because at this time they are trying to find an identity and if Religion is dominering coming from their parents, they'll rebel.
I pretty much agree with this apart from teens hating Christianity.
Personally, I don't hate Christianity, it's just not what works for me.
I'm also slightly bitter that I had to go to Catholic school so I never got to experience normal people until I was about 15.

I figure some people hate Christians because of that goof ball down in Florida who wanted to burn the Quran, or the goof ball in Michigan who is picking on the gay college kid, or maybe it is that group of goof balls in Kansas who picket outside of funerals of dead solders.

Makes the rest of us look bad. Too bad none of those mega church preachers, or high profile Christian leaders, made it on the news to denounce these goof balls.

...Why some LGBT hate Christians --> Because it is primarily Christians who want to pri into our lives, surpess our rights and control us...

Ok, I just mentioned in another thread how bad i am at acronyms so I have to ask... What's an LGBT?

I think the reason they hate Christianity is because, deep down they believe in God, but they don't want to, creating frustration that comes out in the form of hatred. :)

Oh, and as far as why some people hate Christians? Plain and simple. Because some Christians do hateful things. (At least that's one big reason.) We need to start understanding that having access to God's forgiveness does not give us a license to do bad things to other people!

I figure some people hate Christians because of that goof ball down in Florida who wanted to burn the Quran, or the goof ball in Michigan who is picking on the gay college kid, or maybe it is that group of goof balls in Kansas who picket outside of funerals of dead solders.

Makes the rest of us look bad. Too bad none of those mega church preachers, or high profile Christian leaders, made it on the news to denounce these goof balls.

Westborough Baptist doesn't help either. There's no "head of Christianity" to speak on behalf of it, but you're right. Some of the pastors from the mega-churches would have a loud voice, along with the presidents of some of the major denominations.

I have a Jesus Fish on the back bumper of my car. Some people probably want to back-end me because of it, even if it means wrecking their car. :gah

:confused:
You're a goofball, and so am I...and everyone in the world for that matter

It is only God who isn't we all mess up....hate Christians all you want ...It's God who you'll have to answer to if you hate anyone

It often has. But not always. And that comes from fear or the desire to control/rule within that religion, not from pure motives.

I'm not sure what LGBT's are, but God is only against sin. That means any 'rights' that impinge upon someone elses.

Actually the bible doesn't say any such thing. It has been translated, interpreted and taken out of context to say that, but it actually doesn't. Do a bit more research before making those kinds of statements.

Grow up.

Actually because their parents have taught them who God really is or else they have a twisted view of God from whatever source.

Any atheists or anti-christ people here who are Christian haters, or perhaps you know someone who hates Christians? I know this is a strong bad word to use but I actually met someone who hates Christians although I didn't get the chance to ask him why he hates Christians.

Why hate Christians ? .....

I've been a christian all my life, and bible bashing or pushy christians used to annoy me as much as anyone.

You can see how they turn people off.

It often has. But not always. And that comes from fear or the desire to control/rule within that religion, not from pure motives.
No, the reason why so many Christians are against Big bang, Evolution, psychology, and geology is because it goes against a literal Bible translation.

I'm not sure what LGBT's are, but God is only against sin. That means any 'rights' that impinge upon someone elses.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Depending on the State, these people have less rights and are not equal to the rest of the population. Our constitution isn't the Bible.

Actually the bible doesn't say any such thing. It has been translated, interpreted and taken out of context to say that, but it actually doesn't. Do a bit more research before making those kinds of statements.
You mean reread the rules in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Numbers, plus the instances where Paul tells women directly that they are to remain silence to be below the man for their place is to be serving to them? According to the Old Testament, women are property, its laid out pretty fine in both the marriage and rape laws.

Did that, read the old testament and found out that God ordered his tribes to do allot of things that Many modern Churches tend to gloss over. Destroying entire cities killing all young and old, taking the women for yourself to defile. Blessed is he who throws their children against the wall, Stone all those that disobey thy law, etc.

How about you grow up and accept that sometimes God did things just because he could . The Jews where a xionistic nomadic people who fought amongst each other for thousands of years before Rome and Egypt took them over. They where constantly invading each other's tribes and killing each other, and the death penalty was the punishment for almost all of their laws and women where property. My sources are the OT.

Actually because their parents have taught them who God really is or else they have a twisted view of God from whatever source.
Read Genesis and Exodus to a teenager and chase that with Kings 1. When you show people more then just the story of Moses, Noah, and Jesus, they tend to realize that Christianity/ Judaism is a violent religion. It had to be, They where competing with the Hindus, Pagans, and Zoroaster.

Society has brought up people in a post modern society that has allowed a "if it fit wear it." aspect to all our lives. As Christians we believe in an absolute truth, God. We believe that we are accountable to our Creator. The two don't mix. And never Will. The deception of new age thinking that is trying to blend the two, by making ourselves the creator and making all one in god is damaging to the true gospel and I believe even making more Christian Haters out there. As true Christians are now being seen as hypocrites and two faced.

Westborough Baptist doesn't help either. There's no "head of Christianity" to speak on behalf of it, but you're right. Some of the pastors from the mega-churches would have a loud voice, along with the presidents of some of the major denominations.

I have a Jesus Fish on the back bumper of my car. Some people probably want to back-end me because of it, even if it means wrecking their car. :gah

:thumb

Especially this. This "church" is constantly in the media and the media tends only to focus on other churches like it, or so I've noticed. This leads to so many misconceptions. Even the Christians in my school think some of them to be true. :ohwell

Instead of caring about being liked maybe we should be more concerned if these verses aren't our reality:

John 15:18-176

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me (Jesus) before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Instead of caring about being liked maybe we should be more concerned if these verses aren't our reality:

John 15:18-176

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me (Jesus) before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
And so many people use this verse to hid behind so they can be complete jerks or hurt people and when they get called out on it, they cry out that its because everyone hates Jesus.

Its a nice little loop hole. No one can point out the real jerks without hating Jesus I guess.

No, the reason why so many Christians are against Big bang, Evolution, psychology, and geology is because it goes against a literal Bible translation.

Christians are not against science, geology, or psychology. Christians are against God being taken out of these areas. Christianity and science go hand in hand, when we recognize and invite God into it. Did you forget that some of the greatest minds of our time were Christians and Scientists?

Of course Christians are against the theory of Evolution! It's sole purpose is to remove God from the picture and then tell man he comes from a monkey. Well, monkey see monkey do. If you tell a man he is an animal he beings to act like one.

Roger Bacon
Johannes Kepler
Johannes Baptista van Helmont
Blaise Pascal
Robert Boyle
Anton van Leeuwenhoek
Carolus Linnaeus
Leonhard Euler
John Dalton
Michael Faraday
John Frederick William Herschel
Matthew Fontaine Maury
James Prescott Joule
Gregor Mendel
William Thomson, Lord Kelvin
James Clerk Maxwell
George Washington Carver
Arthur Stanley Eddington

Source: 100 Scientists Who Shaped World History

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Depending on the State, these people have less rights and are not equal to the rest of the population. Our constitution isn't the Bible.

LGBT's have had zero rights since the beginning of time. No pagan civilization has ever given rights to them. Gays were around during the glory days of Greece, why don't you get angry at the Greeks for denying them rights?

You mean reread the rules in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Numbers, plus the instances where Paul tells women directly that they are to remain silence to be below the man for their place is to be serving to them? According to the Old Testament, women are property, its laid out pretty fine in both the marriage and rape laws.

You were a former Christian, right? Because the fact that you don't seem to grasp the understanding that Jesus Christ freed us from the Law makes me wonder if you truly believed in what you walked away from. Jesus Christ's death freed us from the burden of those Laws. They were a witness and constant reminder before the eyes of Israel not to forget Him and His commandments. The purpose of those Laws was to pave the way for the Messiah who would remove the sin of the world. After, this was fulfilled we were set free. The OT is historic, poetic, parables, prophecies etc. The people of the OT were hard hearted and Jesus reveals this to us when He explains the reason Moses allowed divorce. The Lord allowed it for a certain period of time because of His mercy, but it was never His intention that it should stay that way. This is a great insight into the hearts of the people of the OT. The Lord brought the Israelites out of captivity with miracles and huge signs and wonders... 7 days later they've forgotten all about it and complain against God for bringing them into the desert to die! Talk about a hard heart! How can you judge the ways of God in the OT with NT eyes? You have no idea what the people were like and what the time was like. Women were property because mankind made them property. God only stepped in to bring fairness and regulations into their cold ways, knowing one day He would change their hearts through His Son.

As far as Paul making women less than. You have taken that verse out of context. A little research will tell you the true answer.

Some 150,000 people die a day around the world. Infants, babies, kids, teens, adults and the elderly. God is the author of life and death.

Did that, read the old testament and found out that God ordered his tribes to do allot of things that Many modern Churches tend to gloss over. Destroying entire cities killing all young and old, taking the women for yourself to defile. Blessed is he who throws their children against the wall, Stone all those that disobey thy law, etc.

No one glosses over anything. We understand the reasons why God commanded those things. He had to bring forth a Savior. He makes no apologies and gives no explanations in this matter.

It seems silly to defend a perfect God to Mankind and it is. Man responsible for war, famine, murder, rape etc. The disease in mankind is horrendous.

How about you grow up and accept that sometimes God did things just because he could . The Jews where a xionistic nomadic people who fought amongst each other for thousands of years before Rome and Egypt took them over. They where constantly invading each other's tribes and killing each other, and the death penalty was the punishment for almost all of their laws and women where property. My sources are the OT.

God never did things just because He could. The problem is your view on the world, the Church, Christians, and God. Where the pagans any different than the Jews? Are the Muslims free of that curse? Christians?

Believers and Un-Believers alike suffer from that same disease. If a godless world were so perfect than Communism should be ruling it.

Read Genesis and Exodus to a teenager and chase that with Kings 1. When you show people more then just the story of Moses, Noah, and Jesus, they tend to realize that Christianity/ Judaism is a violent religion. It had to be, They where competing with the Hindus, Pagans, and Zoroaster.

Unlike people of other faiths we're not ashamed of our God and the God of our Bible. Using your worldly and intellectual eyes you see nothing but God's cruelty. Using my spiritual eyes I see nothing but God's love and mercy. His mercy overflows to you and that's all I have for you. You have been hurt by the Church. You feel like God has rejected and abandoned you and that He hates you. (All of which are LIES) Whether you become a Christian again or not, I hope you find and make your peace with God. The Church is not Christ. We are simply His imperfect Bride trying our best to love and support our perfect Bridegroom.

I would like to apologize to you for every hurtful, angry word I've spoken against the LGBT community. For every time I mocked them and used derogatory words against someone like you, who walks in your shoes. Please forgive me. I am grieved by the pain you are in. All I can do is repent and plead for the Lord's mercy over how many LGBT people I turned away from the Love and Forgiveness of God. I bless you and your LGBT friends. I hope one day you can be healed from that pain that you're in.

I am not different than you or anyone else. How can I boast? I'm nothing but a sinner who was caught red handed and shown the hurt and pain my sins caused God and humanity. I can say I'm righteous and holy, but only because the Lord gives me His righteousness and holiness. There's nothing I can do within myself to set me higher above any man. The only difference between us is by the grace of God I've been forgiven.

Why the hate on Christians?

Because Christians tell the world that they are sinners and that the things they love (excess drinking, drugs, sex, lust, ect.) is bad and will only lead them to eternal hell fire.

Shoot, I'd be a little angry with the Christians if I was not one...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back