Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christmas Traditions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Nikki

Do you have a certain tradition that you do every year? We get a cake that says "Happy Birthday Jesus". I figure it is an easy (and yummy!) way to remind our kids and everyone else the true meaning of Christmas.

I'll admit that my girls believe in santa (I know I'm a heathen mom :roll: :evil: ) but this year we will be doing something different.

I have decided to tell them there is no Santa and we're also doing something a little different with our giftgiving. If you read this:

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

You see Jesus received three gifts...well, if three was enough for a king, then surely it's enough for my girls. :angel: So, my girls will only be getting three gifts this year...from ME ...NO santa. I am going to sit them down and read them the story of Jesus' birth...and then explain the signifigance of getting three gifts...and also how the biggest gift we could ever get is knowing Jesus as our Lord...

I'm hoping for this to be a very good thing for them this year...a lesson and a holiday they will always remember...a turning point so to speak. :angel:

Oh...we also take one night to go around and look at all the Christmas lights...then come home and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and drink hot cocoa! :-D

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my kids believe in Santa. I want to tell them because I know it's the right thing to do, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Kids will have an imagination regardless. And there IS a Santa....it's just that his real name is Nikki..... :lol:

My kids do also. It is fun for them and I hate to disillusion the magic. I also think it is a good life lesson that shows that we can believe in magic when it is not there.

Quath

I'm still not sure where the shame comes in from letting children believe in Santa Claus. I suppose the tooth fairy is an evil and shameful creature also... :sad

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
I'm still not sure where the shame comes in from letting children believe in Santa Claus. I suppose the tooth fairy is an evil and shameful creature also... :sad

BL

I just get tired of people that act like they are perfect. NOBODY is perfect. And I still do not feel that I'm actually lying to my kids. Santa IS real...he just isn't what my kids picture him to be!

As for the tooth fairy, I think I got busted the last tooth my daughter lost. She woke up as I was putting the money under her pillow. :-? :lol:

Back