Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

herald

The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" 1 Cor 1-3.

"For where envying and strife is, there is confusion (as at Babel), and every EVIL work." Ja 3:16.

The denominational system was never God's plan, but, man's carnal attempt to control the Gospel, with his various traditions. The Scripture refers to this Catholic/Protestant religious system, as the "Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world, is ENMITY with God? Whosoever will be the friend of the world, is the ENEMY of God." Ja 4:4.

The prophets, Jesus, His disciples, and God-fearing Christians, have been tortured and martyred for the Gospel, down through the centuries. It is said, that, there were more Christian martyrs in the 20th century, than, in all other centuries combined. Even as we speak, our brethren are suffering for their faith.

So, why aren't we suffering persecution in the USA? Perhaps, because we are no longer, a serious threat to the powers of darkness. Have we forgotten, that, we are in a spiritual warfare with Satan, having eternal consequences?

Christian comedy, entertaining sermons, politically-correct sermons, fund-raising from the pulpit? Milk, rather, than strong meat? When did Jesus and His disciples, participate in such things? They were martyred for preaching the Gospel.

Do you love Him enough, to be martyred for Him?

The signs of the end are upon us. It is time to surrender our various church traditions, and cleave to God's Word, alone. I have found, that, most error in doctrine, comes from incomplete study of Scripture. The entire reference for every doctrine, is Genesis-Revelation.

Let us imitate the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures, daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

The Greek word for church is, "ekklesia," which, is defined as, "called-out ones." The Lord has, always, had a remnant church.

"And I heard another Voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." Rev 18:4,5.

Do you hear His Voice?

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my Voice and I know them and they follow me." John 10:27.

The Greek word for church is, "ekklesia," which, is defined as, "called-out ones." The Lord has, always, had a remnant church.

Actually, sorry to disapoint you but ekklesia technically does not mean the "called out ones". Even though the root Greek word which was used before the NT was written, meant "to call", it eventually morphed to mean "to call together/a gathering" and in the Septuagint the Hebrew word for "assembly/congregation" was consitantly and indiscriminately translated as ekklesia. The context must determine the meaning. However there is a rich idea behind the word, when ekklesia is applied to believers (but it may also be translated of unbelievers - any crowd in general - and is done so indiscriminately in the Septuagint from the OT) to emphasise the unity of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-19).

If you need more proof than just taking my word for it, I have a "Greek Word Studies in the New Testament" book which gives a discussion on ekklesia which I could gladly reproduce for you here if you wish.

-------------------------------

As for your topic, absolutely! We should come out of the world and be seperate "says the Lord" (2 Corinthians 6:17-18) and thus cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh an spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1). :)

The Lord has, always, had a remnant church.

That much is true, and very doctrinally explicit, that God will always preserve for himself a remnant, even in difficult times. Good topic.

God Bless,

~Josh

Oh, and welcome to the boards! I'm not sure if I've seen you here before. :biggrin

Enjoy your stay. I don't bite....too much. ;)

God Bless,

~Josh

The denominational system was never God's plan, but, man's carnal attempt to control the Gospel, with his various traditions. The Scripture refers to this Catholic/Protestant religious system, as the "Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

A private interpretation shared by a few deceivers that doesn't amount to much. Much of the rest of the post is pseudo-theology.

Be cautious, sometimes the easiest time to fall into a pit is when we're on a sincere search for the truth.

"Ekklesia," is defined as "a calling out," so, it does mean, "called-out ones."

The Apostle Paul was sent by God to the church and he rebuked the Corinthians for their sectarianism, so, it is not my opinion, but Scripture.

When Peter, "lovingly," told Jesus, that, He didn't need to go to the cross, Jesus looked at him and said, "Get thee, behind me, Satan!"

When James and John wanted to follow (denominational?) precedent and call fire down from heaven upon the Samaritans as Elijah had done, Jesus said to them, "You know not what spirit you are of!"

When Jesus said, that, one of the disciples would betray Him, none of them knew who it was. But, Satan filled the heart of Judas and he betrayed the Lord.

The greatest deception is that which is the closest to the Truth.

When these disciples trusted in their own understanding, rather, than in the "God-breathed" Scripture (2 Tim 3:16), they became tools of Satan, who was trying to thwart God's plan.

They were with Jesus 24/7. So, who do we think, that, we are with our own traditions, opinions...?

God charges the "Mother of harlots" with, "sin," which is, "the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4), and with, "iniquity," which is lawlessness.

But the Bride of Christ keeps His commandments:

"And the dragon (Satan) was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev 12:17

"Here is the patience of the SAINTS: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12

And the Apostle John makes a connection between keeping His commandments and entering Heaven:

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

And that includes the fourth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back