Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Controversial 'Jesus Camp' video

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi
I have been following this movie closley as I am an avid movie goer. I love movies. From what I have heard and read, this movie was altered greatly from the original script. Now I am not a Penticostal but from what I hear this movie does Penticostals a great injustice. It portrays them in a very bad light. Fake tongues, fake miracles, fighting among each other.. There was a big push to try and stop the movie by the Church and Pastor whom they used..
I heard most of this on the Frank Pastore radio show..

Now in my opinion, I have many dear Penticostal friends that are very much alive for the Lord doing wonderful things.. Infact Penticostals have a very unique ministry in that they do not avoid Spiritual warfare and are very Charismatic and take full adavantage of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit. I know many people tend to look down on them because of some FAKE PENTICOSTALS, many who we see on TBN..

So in support of my brothers and sisters in Christ, I will not pay to see this movie..

For the record, I am a carismatic conservative if there is such a thing..
Blessings, Jg

Personally ....I wasn't shocked either, my background is in the charasmatic movement. I too believe in the gifts of the Spirit.

We left in 02 because some things began to creep in that were too hard to overlook, but I never threw the baby out with the bathwater.
I took away a good foundation and was taught some things that have been crucial for my walk with Jesus.

But, theres some things I had to discard also.

I watched some of the footage on Good Morning America today.
I see nothing wrong with children crying over the sins of this nation, it might be the only reason we still exist at all.
In fact, i've not seen that kind of passion for the Lord in a long time.
What I have noticed in the past few years is that our political leverage is getting us nowhere spiritually in this nation because until the spiritual is 'fixed', nothing we do in the natural, even in the name of Jesus.. is going to work.

If we as Gods people as a whole don't repent, humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways as 2 Chron. 7:14 states, anything 'good' that we do (political or otherwise) is like putting water in a bucket with holes in it.
The Kingdom is advanced through salt and light ...not 'moral' politics.
If you don't believe that just look at the "republican" whitehouse and then look at the depravity of America.

The church has to repent before we can influence the government in a way that will make a difference.
I don't forsee that happeneing without some tribulations, not in a nation where there is 'fullness of bread'.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on saying all that, but it's what I see as the truth.

Destiny
Yea. I pretty much agree with you.
As far as the Republican white house goes, I must admit I am dissapointed in much of it as well. Oh, I am happy with President Bush, and Condi. I believe they are true Christians and trully have this countries best interest at heart. The problem lies with most of the rest of His staff. I believe that His staff has really let him down. Well, I don't want to turn this discussion into a political debate.

By the way, As I was reading your post the verse in 2 Chron came to mind right away and then I saw you posted it and thought it was very cool..and very right!!

Blessings,
Javier

I think it's great for kids ot praise God and feel so strongly about their faith. But honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this movie. I wonder if these thoughts and actions have been taught to them and they are just repeating what they see and hear or if they really feel that strongly about their faith. I just don't see it as "normal" for a 5 year old to be praising God the way one of those adults may. I used to go to a church similar to this one in the video and I was literally brainwashed. I acted a LOT like those kids, yet in reality, I had no clue WHY I was saying and doing the things I was doing. I HAD to act that way and do those things because that was what was "right" in the church's eyes. I was too young to understand. Maybe my own personal experience is what makes me view this whole "Jesus Camp" as cult-like.

My opinion, without having seen the movie, is that children have no idea about faith.

At a young age you are indoctrinated. You cannot understand the larger cosmic issues. You are taught a certain way of thinking and it is only when you are older that you truly come to understand the idea of faith.
One needs to go through existential issues that only a mature mind can understand.

It seems to me that what the Jesus Camps are is simply a more radical form of religious brainwashing. They are taking advantage of the fact that a child's brain does not have sufficient knowledge and experience with regard to existential issues.

I'm not sure that I'd go as far as saying they have no idea about faith. You just have to teach them what faith mean in terms that they can understand. Also, kids need to worhship in their own way. They don't need to do exactly as the adults are doing. Kids can worship just by singing 'Jesus Loves Me'.

Our Republican Christian madrases are preparing our youth for the crusades. I don't understand how loving parents can send their children to these camps.

Quath
Thanks so much for the video link. I thought it was pretty good even though they did not speak much of the movie, what they did mention was disturbing.
Like I said, I will not be watching this movie.

I agree that what those Kids are doing is not normall and looks very fake.

soma said:
Our Republican Christian madrases are preparing our youth for the crusades. I don't understand how loving parents can send their children to these camps.

You just made a big accusation. Can you prove that is it the republicans?

The democrats don't think President Bush is the Burning Bush with all the answers so the crusades are not a solution for our economy. The Republicans started and are supporting a camp at Guantanamo Bay.

These camps are training grounds for future Christo-Fascist suicide bombers. These are Bush supporters, the parents brain washing their kids to follow their Republican leader.

The Republican agenda is reinforced with the associations people have built up regarding the connection between the Republican party and the Christian far right.

All Republicans who have profited from our illegal Wars that we have started need to report directly to Jesus Camp to show thanks to the Burning Bush. Republicans need to build up their base.

Republicans are the party of values and these values are so strong they need camps to teach that it is right to start a War by invading a country for no reason, it is right to torture humans, it is right to spy on Americans, it is right to let people die from a disaster if one feels they are inferior. The Republicans have all the values and democrats are devils because both start with the letter d. We need Christian soldiers in the Republican party to fight tax cuts for the rich, to fight for the right to send American jobs overseas and let illegals come in our country to lower wages for cheap labor. We need people who will subsidize these illegals education and health care without holding the corporations responsible. We need people who will not complain and send their children to die for no bid contracts in the name of terror.

Can we PLEASE keep politics out of every single topic?? I'm sure there's a political forum somewhere on the internet. Go find it.

Quath...that link didn't work.
I have to tell ya, I don't think Bill Maher is going to be fair with anything having to do with christianity or God.
He seems like a very bitter person to me ...always chewing on God.
I could just about gaurantee you that at some point earlier in his life he was a victim of extreme legalism or some form of spiritual abuse.

After watching a few of the Jesus Camp videos I've reached the conclusion that they are big time dominionist, also known as Kingdom Now theology.
Dominionist believe they have to dominate the political process and take over the earth; they believe they are to restore biblical authority over all of creation and its institutions.
They don't believe Jesus will return to reign until this is complete.
In order to believe their doctrines you would have to ignore a big portion of the Bible and completely rip out Revelations.
It's a very common heresy these days in charasmatic and pentecostal circles.

Heres a page that explains a little more about it...

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/l04.html

Was she seriously holding up the extremist schools in the Middle-East, that force feed hatred and a perversion of Islam down the throats of innocent children, as a model to follow for bible schools?

Nikki said:
Can we PLEASE keep politics out of every single topic?? I'm sure there's a political forum somewhere on the internet. Go find it.

Nikki
You are correct and I appologize.
Javier

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back