Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"And under the rules there is now no doubt fishing, swimming, surfing, hunting and tramping are banned."

The bay where I live is calm water as it is inside the harbour, Its not a surf beach, it's a calm bay. Maybe boat and rock fishing can be classed as risky as might need rescuing.

I don't know what my fishing risk would be. maybe if a shark jumps out the water and bites my leg, or I somehow bring in a fish and pull it out the water really fast and it hits me in the head and knocks me out.

Hey Dan have u ever seen River Monsters with Jeremy Wade???
It's an awesome TV show. I've watched every episode.

Im reminded of the episode where he goes to NZ to catch giant freshwater eel.
Have u ever fished for them? They're aggressive fish, check this out...

Hey Dan have u ever seen River Monsters with Jeremy Wade???
It's an awesome TV show. I've watched every episode.

Im reminded of the episode where he goes to NZ to catch giant freshwater eel.
Have u ever fished for them? They're aggressive fish, check this out...

I used to watch Jeremy twice a week on TV when he was on. I like river monsters. Im not into rivers and lake fishing, but he kept me entertained with what he was doing . I like his program. It's all about investigation and trying to catch the suspect species. It's great. I would say I am a fan. And he seems like a nice genuine guy.

Last edited:
At the moment this is banned. Look at the risk it could cause to himself and others while trying to catch a fish for dinner cause man gotta eat.

A shark could jump out the water, do a double back flip, and then bite his leg off and then rescuers would have to come out and it puts them at risk. At the moment Its all about social distancing and trying not to put others at risk.

Screenshot_20200405-183817~2.png

Last edited:
You see, I gave up gambling a couple years ago and cut down binge drinking recently, I go fishing most days after work to keep occupied, but now i'm banned from fishing and im on lockdown.

So I decide to play online poker tournaments to fill in time, and I turn on the radio because I got no TV and all I hear is " I woke up this morning and I got myself a beeeer". So I go have a shower and chill outside a bit, and come back in and all I hear is "one scotch, one bourbon, and one beeeeeer".

I don't want to be on lockdown drinking and gambling all day. Lol.

Last edited:
it's so hard being a human being Dan.
Do you like reading?, have you still got your guitar? What else do you like doing?

it's so hard being a human being Dan.
Do you like reading?, have you still got your guitar? What else do you like doing?

I gave my guitar away because it was frustrating everytime I did not get a note or chord perfectly I would get annoyed.

I could read the Bible but can only read so much can't read like all day because nothing will soak in, you forget 90% what you read and taught anyhow so best small bits at a time. And not good for eyes or health staring at a screen all day.

Usually can just go fishing, the beach, or visit people or go shopping or whatever.

But I got a roof over my head and a bed, I got food, I got clothes, I still got the essentials in life so I appreciate that.

Last edited:
Well in Australia it's time to start reopening businesses
We have very few deaths and very few people hospitalized

Rural areas that are unaffected by C19 are suffering under this lock down
Employers and employees are suffering under this lock down
Everyone is suffering under this lock down

The following recession is going to destroy more lives than C19 did
Long after all the boomers have gone, 20 to 30 years from now, this generation will still be working and suffering, to pay this all off. Hardly no one will be able to afford a house or even have spare cash for a vacation

People will have very poor lifestyles for the rest of their lives. Up to 70 years of hardship for this generation and for what, to prolong a boomers life for 5 years...

Why are Christians so afraid of death? It reveals a lack of faith in God
I can understand being afraid of pain and suffering
But as Christians we should not fear death

I am frustrated by all the people violating the stay-at-home order. The pastor where I live held services. He also rented out the fellowship hall to a 100 people. He said he needed the money. I am out of food so tomorrow I have to go out. I am a bit nervous, but I have a good immune system.

I hate to see what y'all would do in a chemical attack. Deconning everything ,imagine the virus like that and you wouldn't be wanting work ,masks must be discarded and your face deconned,and also stored in a sealed area.

How is 119 deaths flattening the curve? :confused (I think that means that it's getting better but it only seems to be getting worse and it hasn't even peaked yet. :sad)

Back